Reddit is also a hot mess.

21 Days ago, the day of one of their first patches to fix glitches I posted a screenshot with the title "Another Spot Jason can't reach" of someone exploiting in my game. You know, I was fed up with all the BS like everyone else at the time - mad at the devs mad at the players. Didnt have a description in my message, but I was permanently banned for "posting exploits" (which was not part of their rules and regulations). I had actually not commented on the users name or had a history of posting screenshots of anyone or any "exploit"/"glitch" previously. I attempted to respond to the ban several times, messaging several mods and did not receive a single response. I responded to the ban message and directly to mods. The mods message didn't even include the length of the ban, so I assume its permanent. 

Whats super ironic and upset me the most is that, if you recall at the time the reddit was flooded with screenshots of people exploiting glitches. I'm not sure why my post differs. On top of it all, a mod of reddit posted this: (see below) a full guide on how to "exploit" breaking down doors. The mod himself comments on this thread that he sees it as an "exploit". Whether or not the dev's actually consider it one, who knows. I think it just goes to show how disorganized the reddit mods are on top of every thing else going on. 

I did actually message Chody_ yesterday about the whole situation, after everything had happened, if he could look into my silly ban. He mentioned he would remove it and that I was banned for "witch hunting" - which is not even what the original ban message stated I was banned for, lol. Oh well. I'm not mad about it, I'm still currently banned but waiting to see what happens.

@Jubileet I hope it works out for you- from what I've read, most of the old admin group is gone and they're working on improving the community there. Who knows how it will go but the recent situation shook up the subreddit enough that maybe some common sense will prevail.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

@Jubileet I hope it works out for you- from what I've read, most of the old admin group is gone and they're working on improving the community there. Who knows how it will go but the recent situation shook up the subreddit enough that maybe some common sense will prevail.

In all honesty it's been so long , I don't even care either way. The reddit is just a waterfall of Jason memes now. haha.

25 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

In all honesty it's been so long , I don't even care either way. The reddit is just a waterfall of Jason memes now. haha.

I really wouldn't let it bother you. :) The Reddit seems like a laughable sh*thouse of epic proportions. I just checked it out for the first time in ages and chuckled when I saw who the admins were. Makes complete sense why it's become what it has. You need to be reasonable, amiable but firm to keep thousands of people in line and onside. Don't play overbearing forum/chat 'cop' with a bad attitude. What might work in a Discord medium doesn't work on a medium like Reddit. Even Mr Magoo and his dog can see that. The Reddit reads like a genuine parody of the official forums. I'd say you're well rid with washing your hands of it there buddy! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bigboss831 said:

You really should let this topic die.

I don't report to Detective Bigboss, so... no? ;)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bigboss831 said:

This topic isn't even on life support,not sure why we should let it die...

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

This topic isn't even on life support,not sure why we should let it die...

I think it's flat lining! Get the cart of life! 

RGdIgf.gif

11 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I think it's flat lining! Get the cart of life! 

RGdIgf.gif

Really though, it's just gone quiet for now. I expect whenever we find out how it was all resolved will be when this thread dies for good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Really though, it's just gone quiet for now. I expect whenever we find out how it was all resolved will be when this thread dies for good.

Meanwhile in other reality 

Gun Media posts on all platforms and keeps everyone updated on what's going on. Also Jason is real, good day. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bigboss831 said:

Hi BigBoss. In regards to some of the unfortunate recent events, you said you were with law enforcement and that "we're looking into it" - I was just wondering how the investigation is going, do you have any leads? Or is that information classified?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Hi BigBoss. In regards to some of the unfortunate recent events, you said you were with law enforcement and that "we're looking into it" - I was just wondering how the investigation is going, do you have any leads? Or is that information classified?

God damn you...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

This thread just came back to life.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Naked-Gun-Cast.jpg

• Like 2

We're more or less in waiting to see how this is all resolved. I do think however it's dealt with will have an impact on all players but I have no issue with it getting quiet for now. Like I mentioned before, maybe cooler heads will prevail. Most of the current news seems to be misinterpretations of that Orange is the New Black tweet.

So, we wait...

8 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Naked-Gun-Cast.jpg

I dunno... there's something about that Nordberg guy that I don't trust.

I think we should let Bigboss831 handle this...

D6HJdDjLxQ7HZFmfQs353lGYYj2ciRqPrzA_8v5m

Crazy how fast shit can go left. Sure, Gun has gotten a bit of backlash within our community in the past, but this shit  bleed outside of just the forums reddit etc picked up by video game activists and everything. Consumers are so sick of being fucked that even the slightest mention  of shady/questionable  business practices  can fuel people with rage and turn them off. Hopefully they can just work on delivering something that'll make this  game feel fresh again, make most people forget about all this.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

Crazy how fast shit can go left. Sure, Gun has gotten a bit of backlash within our community in the past, but this shit  bleed outside of just the forums reddit etc picked up by video game activists and everything. Consumers are so sick of being fucked that even the slightest mention  of shady/questionable  business practices  can fuel people with rage and turn them off. Hopefully they can just work on delivering something that'll make this  game feel fresh again, make most people forget about all this.  

And here I am, happy that they banned those goofs and don't see the big deal at all.

One of the biggest problems with all of this was how Ben decided to word things in his responses.

He never once insinuated that they guy was a pedophile. He just said that he was using sexually aggressive language, which can be considered a form of sexual harassment - and he directed said language at a 12-year-old (apparently).

Next thing you know the whole thing is blown WAY out of proportion and people are actually defending the idiots in question. Pretty hilarious if you ask me. Still love the game and Gun.

3 hours ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

What I'm learning from all of this is that the gaming community in general feels wronged. Mention EA or Ubisoft and everyone loses their shit. I'm a casual gamer so I haven't followed much of this over the years. I even skipped the whole console war debates and everything (unless we're talking Nintendo vs. Sega). Things like No Man's Sky or some specific edition of a Halo game seem to be burnt into the memory of the collective gaming community. Among other things.

In regards to this- I don't think Gun is as shady as they're made out to be. I think they're making a lot of rookie mistakes and gamers in general are less forgiving these days. How they handle community interaction has been a disaster waiting to happen and unless they learn from this, it will happen again. They also have a shitload of unfulfilled Kickstarter rewards currently and fulfilling those should have been Day 1. From that, I get the accusations of being shady but again I think they're just rookie mistakes. That said, they do have to get their shit together in general. The game has suffered from what I'd consider a worst case scenario launch.

Edit:

https://gamefrost.co.uk/2017/07/12/friday-13th-games-developers-banning-players-unfairly/

Missed this one.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 4:15 PM, Bigboss831 said:

If this topic dies it's just gonna come back as Tommy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

If this topic dies it's just gonna come back as Tommy. 

I ruined it so I took a screenshot before I did:

image.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 0:14 AM, bewareofbears said:

What I'm learning from all of this is that the gaming community in general feels wronged. Mention EA or Ubisoft and everyone loses their shit. I'm a casual gamer so I haven't followed much of this over the years. I even skipped the whole console war debates and everything (unless we're talking Nintendo vs. Sega). Things like No Man's Sky or some specific edition of a Halo game seem to be burnt into the memory of the collective gaming community. Among other things.

In regards to this- I don't think Gun is as shady as they're made out to be. I think they're making a lot of rookie mistakes and gamers in general are less forgiving these days. How they handle community interaction has been a disaster waiting to happen and unless they learn from this, it will happen again. They also have a shitload of unfulfilled Kickstarter rewards currently and fulfilling those should have been Day 1. From that, I get the accusations of being shady but again I think they're just rookie mistakes. That said, they do have to get their shit together in general. The game has suffered from what I'd consider a worst case scenario launch.

Edit:

https://gamefrost.co.uk/2017/07/12/friday-13th-games-developers-banning-players-unfairly/

Missed this one.

Yeah...I have no problem defending Gun in this whole Dilly Dingus ordeal. I don't believe for a second that Dilly and his friend only started abusing those other players after they "were attacking other Counselors and helping Jason". I just don't buy it...not for a second. I don't think that's why Dilly started shit talking them. I have a feeling it stemmed from something else and Dilly is mad because Jason came and killed him while he was being a dick to those other players. His story just doesn't add up...

His claim is he told them off for "helping Jason" and they told him to stfu or he'd be banned because "they know the devs"...It just doesn't happen that way.

I'm willing to bet that Dilly and his buddy were saying things to these "women" (for whatever reason) and Jason showed up to the party and they were like "kill this asshole, he's calling us whores"...and I would have done the same thing. I ALWAYS kill Counselors I see being assholes to other Counselors. Which is why I know this scenario occurs fairly often.

The fact that they've basically retracted all their statements at this point also proves to me that they're full of it.

No matter though, damage has been done on Steam. The game has a bad rep there now...Just because a couple teenage trolls got out-trolled. Pathetic.

• Like 1

He almost brought a tear to my eye.

[–]k3yS3r_s0z3 2 points an hour ago 

Honestly what online comunity isnt toxic. Just have to realize not everyone is a remain positive at all times type of people. My rating on the organized communities is like this. From worse to best. Social media (facebook/twitter) are the worse. Its people just saying crazy hateful things are people saying their naming their first born Wes. Next is the discord. Worse mods, and worse people IMO. Next is reddit. Has a perfect mix of negative and positive people about the game. And the best is the offical forum. I dont post there but lurk. They post pretty well thought out things, just seems like its the same 8 people posting.

• Like 2