Just now, Tommy86 said:

I'm honestly shocked to find out about all the stuff. It's saddening actually. What kind of sick ***** go to these lengths to threaten people and their families? 

I feel bad for the devs, I really do. I wonder what the aftermath of all this is going to be. 

Sadly, just that people can be real jerks, and fools, and the world keeps on spinning.

Same stuff, different day.

Just now, Nomadder said:

Sadly, just that people can be real jerks, and fools, and the world keeps on spinning.

Same stuff, different day.

I don't know, I'm not sure they're going to be so quick to bounce back from all this, or how it might affect them going forward.

I'm pretty sure the majority of people won't even know about it, plus, at least 50% (but likely more) will recognize it is just immature, obnoxious, entitled mob mentality of online assholes wrongfully taking issue with game developers.

It's pretty damn common, unfortunately. It's like obnoxious customers in retail. Never ending bunch of self-righteous, ultra important, can't-be-wrong brats screaming up a storm about something they were in the wrong about.

I mean, sure, there could be more damage from this, but I doubt it. If the scales just got tipped so far that this unworthy leader of the ridiculous revolt against a cool team like Gun Media just felt the need to publicly condemn this and drop out of it, I'd say the public attention will shift in Gun's favor (more so than against).

Anyone objectively looking at the facts, and discerning character, without some negative bent against Gun Media, can see this for what it very likely is - Unsettling nonsense of the usual order.

7 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

I'm pretty sure the majority of people won't even know about it, plus, at least 50% (but likely more) will recognize it is just immature, obnoxious, entitled mob mentality of online assholes wrongfully taking issue with game developers.

It's pretty damn common, unfortunately. It's like obnoxious customers in retail. Never ending bunch of self-righteous, ultra important, can't-be-wrong brats screaming up a storm about something they were in the wrong about.

I mean, sure, there could be more damage from this, but I doubt it. If the scales just got tipped so far that this unworthy leader of the ridiculous revolt against a cool team like Gun Media just felt the need to publicly condemn this and drop out of it, I'd say the public attention will shift in Gun's favor (more so than against).

Anyone objectively looking at the facts, and discerning character, without some negative bent against Gun Media, can see this for what it very likely is - Unsettling nonsense of the usual order.

I mostly agree with you? I think this is the first time. 

Edit- Mostly. Some stuff I could live without. ?

2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I mostly agree with you? I think this is the first time. 

Scroll back and see if you agree with me more. I've been saying the same thing this entire time (maybe I didn't word it quite as well previously).

Anyway, I've said enough here.

People sometimes take sides in issues they don't necessarily have a grasp on and read other people, disagreeing with them, with heavy doses of negative assumptions.

That goes both ways.

I do my best not to do that, but ya know... ;) 

1 minute ago, Nomadder said:

Scroll back and see if you are with me more. I've been saying the same thing this entire time.

Anyway, I've said enough here.

People sometimes take sides in issues they don't necessarily have a grasp on and read other people, disagreeing with them, with heavy doses of negative assumptions.

That goes both ways.

I do my best not to do that, but ya know... ;) 

I think I agree with half of each sentence or paragraph, hahaha. 

I'm sure most people, as in casuals who don't look at gaming or horror sites, won't know about it...but I imagine it will be picked up by quite a few sites now. The doxxing with the banning makes for an awfully clickable article and stories go where the money is. Boogie doing his little ban stream didn't help. Normal press do not like being upstaged, which is why it is probably quiet...gathering quotes and such. I expect a full story with quotes from all parties within a day or two.

This needs to stop the person that was banned dilly dingus says his followers have threatened people lives and have doxx them because of this it has blown over and I am law enforcement and it is time to take action . You can't threatened someone's life in any circumstance.

2 hours ago, Nomadder said:

This is the fifth most discussed post on this forum. It also has a huge following on reddit (i'm too lazy to check the popularity) but if you've been following it has almost completely taken over the subreddit last week. I think the majority of people actually do know about this.

38 minutes ago, Bigboss831 said:

This needs to stop the person that was banned dilly dingus says his followers have threatened people lives and have doxx them because of this it has blown over and I am law enforcement and it is time to take action . You can't threatened someone's life in any circumstance.

9 minutes ago, Bigboss831 said:

I don't think anyone is threatening anyone's life here. To be honest, I haven't read all 20 pages of this thread though. I think you're referring to another website.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Which leads me back to my very first post in this thread...

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Disgusting behaviour from a moronic minority. Idiots. Best wishes @GunMedia_Ben

While it might be a minority... it's not a minor occurence in gaming nowadays. Sadly. People are shit.

2 hours ago, Jubileet said:

I don't think anyone is threatening anyone's life here. To be honest, I haven't read all 20 pages of this thread though. I think you're referring to another website.

I'm taking about the new  Reddit post dingly even said they are.

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

Why in gods name are you letting your daughter play this game. At this rate your just fueling the fire. Bad parenting on your part so instead lets follow every other troll and put our kids on the game to get players banned.

Following trolls?

put kids into game to get people banned?

bad parenting?

the only reason this game is rated 17+ is for gore, not for the threat of getting raped by other players 

I don't worry about gore, in video games, with my kids

they watch me play it and wanted to try, but by your logic, it totally justified the sicko saying he wanted to molest her?

gtfo

I watched 18 certificate (R rating) movies when I was a kid, a long with most people I knew. Didn't do us any harm.

Mature video games are pretty much the modern day equivalent.  

• Like 2

Speaking for myself, my respect for Sid Alpha went up several points after watching his video.  It takes a strong level of integrity to admit when a mistake has been made and to stand up to help make things right.  Props to you, Sid.

5 hours ago, Jubileet said:

This is the fifth most discussed post on this forum. It also has a huge following on reddit (i'm too lazy to check the popularity) but if you've been following it has almost completely taken over the subreddit last week. I think the majority of people actually do know about this.

If we're being realistic though, we're a small fringe group on the official forums (forum-goers are always a small percentage of a customer/player base).

And, this thread is mostly filled with the same users chiming in, continuously bumping it up for people to see (including myself, so I am not talking trash about any of this).

It's easy to think our own perspectives are the norm across the greater scope of things, but it's rarely the case.

Still, this certainly could be bigger than our little pond. I just doubt it will really impact a great number of people, unless enormous press coverage begins and constant rehashing, and twisting, of the events perpetuates for a while. It'd most likely manifest as sympathy for the developers, and disdain for obnoxious internet users.

I can be wrong from time to time though. :D 

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I watched 18 certificate (R rating) movies when I was a kid, a long with most people I knew. Didn't do us any harm.

Mature video games are pretty much the modern day equivalent.

I can relate to you on that. I watched my fair share of horror when I was younger. People were more mature back then compared to now.

As a parent, I allow my daughters to play. My youngest is 13, and before anyone says anything, she is not one of those screaming into the mic, or rage quitting, glitching, or any of that other nonsense. Since this thread began, I've had a talk with my girls about this particular subject, and how we would deal with it in the event that it ever happens. So far, we haven't had that as a problem.

22 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Speaking for myself, my respect for Sid Alpha went up several points after watching his video.  It takes a strong level of integrity to admit when a mistake has been made and to stand up to help make things right.  Props to you, Sid.

It can be hard for someone to admit they are wrong. I have the utmost respect for someone who can utter the words, and actually mean them.

5 hours ago, Jubileet said:

I would be curious as to the four topics more discussed than this.

• Like 1

Luckily Dilly's review and accusations have been removed from Steam after being flagged.

I don't care about his statement condemning the ddos and threats...he's just trying to extend his 15 minutes.

Opportunistic cunt.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I would be curious as to the four topics more discussed than this.

Pretty sure the counselor clothing pack is one of them. Only because everyone was massively disappointed with the results and how the devs handled the situation.

Sounds familiar.

Yep. 26 pages.

Started out with a question but refusal to comment led to a snowball effect. Especially when the final product was revealed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Pretty sure the counselor clothing pack is one of them.

1 down,3 to go...

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Pretty sure the counselor clothing pack is one of them. Only because everyone was massively disappointed with the results and how the devs handled the situation.

Sounds familiar.

Yep. 26 pages.

Started out with a question but refusal to comment led to a snowball effect. Especially when the final product was revealed. 

Yeah...the CCP was another dumpster fire lol

• Like 1

every time i see this thread still up i read the title as "meanwhile at the legion of doom" 

• Like 1