12 minutes ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

I'm just sick of every Jason instantly teleporting to me and instantly killing me with his grab. It's far too OP. 90% of the games I play end with everyone 'asphyxiated' because it's so quick and easy to do. If not knives then his instant kills need to be toned the fuck down. 

You're just getting unlucky. I've rarely been insta-killed. 

12 minutes ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

I'm just sick of every Jason instantly teleporting to me and instantly killing me with his grab. It's far too OP. 90% of the games I play end with everyone 'asphyxiated' because it's so quick and easy to do. If not knives then his instant kills need to be toned the fuck down. 

No.  Jason should kill almost everyone.  You'll have a lot more fun if you just accept that at the beginning of every match that you will probably die.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

No.  Jason should kill almost everyone.  You'll have a lot more fun if you just accept that at the beginning of every match that you will probably die.

The game's nuances say otherwise.

1 hour ago, Rydog said:

The game's nuances say otherwise.

Meaning what, exactly?  That Jason should be nerfed so that it just becomes a beatdown session for the killer every game?

Or are you implying that Jason is already underpowered?

I just get tired of hearing people complain about Jason being OP.  He SHOULD be overpowered.  Those of us who are fans of the series and have waited for years for this game to come out WANT for Jason to be overpowered.  Puny counselors should crap their pants when they see him.  Only by a great amount of teamwork, skill, and luck should counselors have any chance at all.

• Like 3

I agree, and I think Jason is way underpowered, of this game was true to the movies no more than 2 people should survive, instead Jason gets tea bagged, toyed with etc.

14 hours ago, Seeker said:

That's because you're grabbing. Don't grab and they can't knife you. 

Just slash 5 players then you can grab the final two. 

Grab kills might be fancier but if you play to show off like that then you're bound to lose. 

Play smart and think strategy, don't think about toying with people or showing off.

If all I wanted to do was slash , I would just play mortal kombat , slashing gets boring real quick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

If all I wanted to do was slash , I would just play mortal kombat , slashing gets boring real quick

Boring but effective. 

The question is do you want absolute victory or just to look badass?

I personally couldn't care about looking badass.

16 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Boring but effective. 

The question is do you want absolute victory or just to look badass?

I personally couldn't care about looking badass.

I think this is why there's a split on how people view the game. 

For some it's winning and losing because that's how most games are, and to be honest, some of you are super competitive and turn into different people when things aren't going your way  

For others it's a 20 minute session where a supernatural, mentally challenged, orphan is trying to kill everything he can and it's all in good fun.

Not saying either belief is wrong, but I feel like this is where the difference lies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Meaning what, exactly?  That Jason should be nerfed so that it just becomes a beatdown session for the killer every game?

Or are you implying that Jason is already underpowered?

I just get tired of hearing people complain about Jason being OP.  He SHOULD be overpowered.  Those of us who are fans of the series and have waited for years for this game to come out WANT for Jason to be overpowered.  Puny counselors should crap their pants when they see him.  Only by a great amount of teamwork, skill, and luck should counselors have any chance at all.

Jason has what I call a "Bastion problem." If you played/followed the early days of Overwatch, you might remember that the character of Bastion was seen as overpowered by new players, resulting in a ton of frustration and a firestorm of complaints on the game's official channels. But for experienced players, he's trivial. Then -- and even now, post-redesign -- he was/is viewed by skilled players as one of the lowest-tier picks. This is the same problem that Jason has.

Jason has the perception of being excessively unfair and overpowered to new players that are just getting their bearings, because of how magically unstoppable his Shift+grab combo are, because of how relentlessly he is able to pursue you, because of his advantageous attack frames, and because of how strong his traps seem. It's bad enough that you're likely to get frustrated and quit, because it seems hopeless for a new player to beat a committed Jason. Indeed, the "it's a horror movie and Jason is supposed to be OP" design intent that gets perpetuated just reinforces this understanding.

For experienced players who have spent time with the game and learned its mechanical nuances, Jason becomes just as you described him: a juicy target for a beatdown session. For skilled players who roll in groups and know how to use the combat system, Jason is a total joke. You need look no further than Pappus' YouTube channel to see ample evidence of this. I've been in groups that have called the police, engaged Jason at the exit, and kept knocking him down and bullying him until their weapons broke. If you've got a couple of good items, it's trivial to, say, juke Jason all the way down the main road by yourself if you guess the wrong cop exit. If you know how to juke a Shift-grab, it trivializes the mechanic hard.

And I know the go-to retort for this is "well those are bad Jasons," and in some cases this is obviously gonna be true. But even when you get a good Jason, skilled players have a lot of power to control the tempo of a match and force him to engage on their terms. It's not that Jason is OP, it's that the game is framed in a way that deters players from proceeding far beyond the surface level.

20 hours ago, Survival said:

But that is what I am saying. The player had two heals (which he used to heal himself 4 times thanks to the perk) and 3 pocket knifes. In quick succesion without picking anything up.

Ok now I'm confused is there like a perk that makes you have more inventory space

6 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Ok now I'm confused is there like a perk that makes you have more inventory space

There is a perk that allows you two uses per medical spray.

Just now, Colorboy said:

There is a perk that allows you two uses per medical spray 

I know that I all ways use that perk

15 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I think this is why there's a split on how people view the game. 

For some it's winning and losing because that's how most games are, and to be honest, some of you are super competitive and turn into different people when things aren't going your way  

For others it's a 20 minute session where a supernatural, mentally challenged, orphan is trying to kill everything he can and it's all in good fun.

Not saying either belief is wrong, but I feel like this is where the difference lies. 

Sure I put winning no matter what, well sometimes...

But at the same time if I lose then I lose... I don't complain. 

On 7/7/2017 at 8:24 AM, Ker Juice said:

Man, this perk would shoot past Thick Skinned for the number one spot.  I wonder what the epic version of this would be...

Stun duration would be the variable most likely

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rydog said:

Jason has what I call a "Bastion problem." If you played/followed the early days of Overwatch, you might remember that the character of Bastion was seen as overpowered by new players, resulting in a ton of frustration and a firestorm of complaints on the game's official channels. But for experienced players, he's trivial. Then -- and even now, post-redesign -- he was/is viewed by skilled players as one of the lowest-tier picks. This is the same problem that Jason has.

Jason has the perception of being excessively unfair and overpowered to new players that are just getting their bearings, because of how magically unstoppable his Shift+grab combo are, because of how relentlessly he is able to pursue you, because of his advantageous attack frames, and because of how strong his traps seem. It's bad enough that you're likely to get frustrated and quit, because it seems hopeless for a new player to beat a committed Jason. Indeed, the "it's a horror movie and Jason is supposed to be OP" design intent that gets perpetuated just reinforces this understanding.

For experienced players who have spent time with the game and learned its mechanical nuances, Jason becomes just as you described him: a juicy target for a beatdown session. For skilled players who roll in groups and know how to use the combat system, Jason is a total joke. You need look no further than Pappus' YouTube channel to see ample evidence of this. I've been in groups that have called the police, engaged Jason at the exit, and kept knocking him down and bullying him until their weapons broke. If you've got a couple of good items, it's trivial to, say, juke Jason all the way down the main road by yourself if you guess the wrong cop exit. If you know how to juke a Shift-grab, it trivializes the mechanic hard.

And I know the go-to retort for this is "well those are bad Jasons," and in some cases this is obviously gonna be true. But even when you get a good Jason, skilled players have a lot of power to control the tempo of a match and force him to engage on their terms. It's not that Jason is OP, it's that the game is framed in a way that deters players from proceeding far beyond the surface level.

Ok.  I know nothing about Overwatch, so I have no perspective there.

But I agree entirely on what you are saying.  The more experienced players become, the tougher it is on Jason.  I think that's okay, as I generally still kill between 6 and 8 counselors every time, and I'm not all that great as Jason.

I just am VERY against the idea of nerfing Jason in any way.  If anything, he should be buffed a little.