Still haven't been able to find word from the developers that each map only has 3 pocket knives. 

5 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Still haven't been able to find word from the developers that each map only has 3 pocket knives. 

and you wont. on ps4 you can find far more than 4, there should be enough traps on the map to disarm all of jason traps plus one 

5 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Because that's propably not the case. 4-5 seems more logical from a design pov. But then there is the other very inconsistent and not even working correctly stuff... so... who knows...

9 minutes ago, shwag said:

and you wont. on ps4 you can find far more than 4, there should be enough traps on the map to disarm all of jason traps plus one 

I agree. People have said there's a duping method and that the devs stated there are only 3 knives on each map but that's not on this forum or Twitter. 

I personally don't think there's a bug. I don't know where the 3 knives rumor started, and I've heard it a bunch, but without any back up I'm assuming it's false.

From personal experience I definitely think it's a false rumor.

10 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

I agree. People have said there's a duping method and that the devs stated there are only 3 knives on each map but that's not on this forum or Twitter. 

I personally don't think there's a bug. I don't know where the 3 knives rumor started, and I've heard it a bunch, but without any back up I'm assuming it's false.

I'm not the only one who claims that there might be a duping method though. But considering my "Chinese Connection" incident and other mentions of an actual working duping method on Reddit, all the other bugs/glitches/issues with the game... it's not too far fetched and quite possible. I hope not... but that China-Knife-Fight didn't exactly give me hope. Because that was still 10 friggin Pocketknives. So even if there is a possibility to spawn a knife for the maximum amount of Jason's traps, which would be 7. That's still not 10. And how often do you really find or see more than 4-5? Especially when you play in Private games.

13 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Just ask Ben 

18 minutes ago, pRaX said:

I'm not the only one who claims that there might be a duping method though. But considering my "Chinese Connection" incident and other mentions of an actual working duping method on Reddit, all the other bugs/glitches/issues with the game... it's not too far fetched and quite possible. I hope not... but that China-Knife-Fight didn't exactly give me hope. Because that was still 10 friggin Pocketknives. So even if there is a possibility to spawn a knife for the maximum amount of Jason's traps, which would be 7. That's still not 10. And how often do you really find or see more than 4-5? Especially when you play in Private games.

Possibly platform specific? 

And I agree, It wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug. I just haven't heard much buzz about it, so I'm still trying to get cleared up on it.

From what I've read online it's some kind of hack where it uses the multi-use med spray perk to get unlimited uses out of pocket knives. I'm on PS4 so this might be a hack that's PC only. 

2 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

From what I've read online it's some kind of hack where it uses the multi-use med spray perk to get unlimited uses out of pocket knives. I'm on PS4 so this might be an hack that's PC only. 

Well that could be the case aswell. And wouldn't surprise me either. Propably even more likely than a duping method. But why did they run out of knives in the end? Meh..

4 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Well that could be the case aswell. And wouldn't surprise me either. Propably even more likely than a duping method. But why did they run out of knives in the end? Meh..

Perhaps fear built up so they can't use items.

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Perhaps fear built up so they can't use items.

Right, that could also be the case. Because I ended it in a great group "whacking" in Combat-Stance because I got sick of that bullshit at the end. I started to slice and dice like a mad mofo.

5 hours ago, Valaquenta said:

i think there needs to be a perk that starts players with a pocket knife to counter jason shift grab

I hope you're joking. That would be extremely stupid. You are supposed to zigzag when he starts shifting to avoid the grab. If he gets you, then oh well. You got unlucky. 

If I see anyone using the duplication gltich, I'll report them. 

The only person I'd like to see start the game with a pocket knife is Tommy. By the time he usually shows up there's almost no point in him searching drawers, imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pjthines said:

The only person I'd like to see start the game with a pocket knife is Tommy. By the time he usually shows up there's almost no point in him searching drawers, imo. 

Yeah I agree on that.

I think there should be way less pocket knives  and overall weapons in the game, I got hit 6 times in a row by two different people with pocket knives , shot twice with a gun, after that stunned with two flairs, in between getting hit and stunned with 2 bats, all in one session , IMO Jason is way underpowered

• Like 1

On 07/07/2017 at 9:57 PM, Survival said:

Yes, but it does not allow you to carry 2 sprays (= 4 heals) and 3 pocket knifes at once... I probably worded my initial post wrongly, sorry about that.

But if you have 2 sprays it = 4 that's why I use that perk

I have seen maps where only 2 pocket knives spawned, so there is definitely quite a bit of variance.

13 minutes ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

Isn't there a perk that starts you with a pocket knife?

Nope.

8 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I think there should be way less pocket knives  and overall weapons in the game, I got hit 6 times in a row by two different people with pocket knives , shot twice with a gun, after that stunned with two flairs, in between getting hit and stunned with 2 bats, all in one session , IMO Jason is way underpowered

That's because you're grabbing. Don't grab and they can't knife you. 

Just slash 5 players then you can grab the final two. 

Grab kills might be fancier but if you play to show off like that then you're bound to lose. 

Play smart and think strategy, don't think about toying with people or showing off.

1 hour ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

Damn. There should be. 

Are you crazy? Every Jason would just start chopping all the time to prevent use of the knife. You'd also be getting a guaranteed second chance at survival, which shouldn't happen. If Jason catches you, then oh well. You are supposed to die the moment Jason gets his hand around your neck. If you get lucky to have either a knife, a counselor nearby, or you happen to mash the button fast enough, then you'll escape. But most of the time, that grab means you're going to a better place.

3 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

But if you have 2 sprays it = 4 that's why I use that perk

But that is what I am saying. The player had two heals (which he used to heal himself 4 times thanks to the perk) and 3 pocket knifes. In quick succesion without picking anything up.

51 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Are you crazy? Every Jason would just start chopping all the time to prevent use of the knife. You'd also be getting a guaranteed second chance at survival, which shouldn't happen. If Jason catches you, then oh well. You are supposed to die the moment Jason gets his hand around your neck. If you get lucky to have either a knife, a counselor nearby, or you happen to mash the button fast enough, then you'll escape. But most of the time, that grab means you're going to a better place.

I'm just sick of every Jason instantly teleporting to me and instantly killing me with his grab. It's far too OP. 90% of the games I play end with everyone 'asphyxiated' because it's so quick and easy to do. If not knives then his instant kills need to be toned the fuck down.