DEEZ Nutz

Other slasher franchises you'd like to see Gun develope a game for

15 posts in this topic

Given the immense fun and entertainment Gun Media has been able to deliver with this game, I've been wondering what other possible slasher franchises you'd like to see them take a crack at. 

Being that Friday the 13th isn't one of my main 3 favourite slashers (put down your machetes, it's still in the top 5), I've been pondering what they could do with other lisences. Here are my top 3: 

1. Nightmare on Elm Street

latest?cb=20140814141144

This is hands down my favourite slasher franchise. I just love the psychological horror aspect and I feel it adds an extra layer of fear onto an already terrifying physical threat. Not to mention the twisted humour and personality of the main villian, which is something you don't get with Jason, being that he doesn't speak. 

I think if Gun had the chance to make this game and Robert Englund was on board to play Freddy once again, this would be a MASTERPIECE! 

noes_tongue.gif?w=782

2. Scream

Wes-Cravens-Scream.jpg

Possibly one of my favourite movies of all time, Scream is near and dear to my heart. It challenged pretty much every major horror movie trope in the book and I think this could be translated into game form in a very meta way. I have no idea how the game mechanics would work but maybe you could have two killers who can be killed but are very quick and agile. Or maybe the killer could start off in the group of survivors and have to put on the killer outfit before killing. That way he could take it off after a kill to blend in and everyone would have to figure out who it is.

I honestly considered putting this as number one, though I know many will disagree as to how good the movies were. 

It also has a distinct advantage of being a relatively modern franchise so the original cast are not that much older and are still alive and kicking (I think)

giphy.gif

3. Child's Play

ChuckyDoll.jpg

I know, I know, you're going to say "what about Halloween?!"

tumblr_ngtcfeA2771u1buplo1_500.gif

I feel Mike and Jason would be far too similar in gameplay mechanics and it wouldn't feel like a separate game.

Chucky on the other hand, is quick, small and, much like Freddy, has a dark sense of humour which would translate well to gameplay. Instead of the players hiding under beds from Chucky, he could run from place to place, ready to get the jump on unsuspecting players by hiding himself. He also has a large number of special and hilarious kills at his disposal. 

I know these are all pipedreams and Gun has enough on it's plate as-is and probably will do for the foreseeable future but I'm very interested in what the community has to say about the possibility of future slasher games. 

TL;DR: Jet fuel can't melt dank memes.

*Sorry if the images are too big, I'm posting from my phone and can't tell.

HATCHET

FUgTVJ4wQgIRSTzx0vzjMzqdrGft7JDYgvTy_mmk

1 person likes this

I only want Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????????

Also no Michael would have different gameplay mechanics as he stalks his prey while Jason just goes all out. 

With Michael you would have to avoid Been seen while stalking your foes long enough to build up your killer meter.

Chucky game would be cool too.

Not sure how a scream game would work... unless you make it question based for the phone calls?

And... Freddy kills by turning into giant worm things, making stairs melt, hands popping out of beds and bathtubs, popping out of tvs. ... how do you make that a game?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RKSDooM said:

HATCHET

FUgTVJ4wQgIRSTzx0vzjMzqdrGft7JDYgvTy_mmk

I haven't heard of this one but it has Kane Hodder so I'll definitely check it out. 

26 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I only want Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????????

Also no Michael would have different gameplay mechanics as he stalks his prey while Jason just goes all out. 

With Michael you would have to avoid Been seen while stalking your foes long enough to build up your killer meter.

Chucky game would be cool too.

Not sure how a scream game would work... unless you make it question based for the phone calls?

And... Freddy kills by turning into giant worm things, making stairs melt, hands popping out of beds and bathtubs, popping out of tvs. ... how do you make that a game?

Having to use stealth as Mike Myers would be pretty cool now you mention it. Also the music is really awesome so I could see that tying in very well. Just imagine stalking your prey to this: 

I'm not sure how a Scream game could work but I'm sure there's a way. 

As for Freddy, I think you could work some mechanics into the game to allow for this whacky, nightmare-fuel kills. Though maybe it would be better as a single player, story driven game. I'm just spitballin here lol

1. Definitely Halloween. As Michael is more of a stealthy character, it would be more of a challenge for  him to kill people silently and quickly. It could be terrifying for the non Michael character to walk in a dark area, trying to survive and listen to sound clues that you're being stalked.

2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre- I love Leatherface and his cannibalistic family! It could have episodic format like Until Dawn where the characters are young college students who get lost en route to their vacation. They make decisions based on their encounters with the Hewitt family and house and it determines if they survive or get brutally slaughtered. Or there could be a Leatherface mode where he's hunting the college vacationers.

Nightmare on Elm Street should be more psychological. You, as a character, must fight as you're pulled into the dream world. Explore the world as your fear rises, and for clues that something is simply not right and gather up a persona to defend yourself against Freddy. There could be an "awake" and "dream" meter. Awake meter is how long are you to wake up and is the escape goal. You rise it by finding weapons, defending yourself, and escaping Freddy's clutches. Dream meter is your fear meter that continually rises as you find more disturbing things in the dream world or trapped souls. Multiplayer could be Dream Warriors based where you must work with other "dream warriors" to survive against Freddy. Freddy's role is to keep the players' dream meter high enough to snuff them. If the players awake or they kill him, it's over.

Child's Play would have to be pure stealth. You have to kill others without being seen, if anyone sees you, it's instant death.

1 person likes this

Yeah something eerie about knowing there's a Michael player watching you and you can't see him... ?

He is the ultimate stalker. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

1. Definitely Halloween. As Michael is more of a stealthy character, it would be more of a challenge for  him to kill people silently and quickly. It could be terrifying for the non Michael character to walk in a dark area, trying to survive and listen to sound clues that you're being stalked.

I'm definitely more interested in a Halloween game now I've heard some suggestions. Having to listen to sound que's while keeping your eyes peeled for any hint of Michael would scary as hell. 

13 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre- I love Leatherface and his cannibalistic family! It could have episodic format like Until Dawn where the characters are young college students who get lost en route to their vacation. They make decisions based on their encounters with the Hewitt family and house and it determines if they survive or get brutally slaughtered. Or there could be a Leatherface mode where he's hunting the college vacationers.

I completely forgot about TCM. Silly me. 

An Until Dawn-esque game about that franchise would sooooo good. Especially if they add the butterfly effect mechanic so your choices impact the story. Just imagine having to run from leather face. I'd probably shit myself.

13 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Nightmare on Elm Street should be more psychological. You, as a character, must fight as you're pulled into the dream world. Explore the world as your fear rises, and for clues that something is simply not right and gather up a persona to defend yourself against Freddy. There could be an "awake" and "dream" meter. Awake meter is how long are you to wake up and is the escape goal. You rise it by finding weapons, defending yourself, and escaping Freddy's clutches. Dream meter is your fear meter that continually rises as you find more disturbing things in the dream world or trapped souls. Multiplayer could be Dream Warriors based where you must work with other "dream warriors" to survive against Freddy. Freddy's role is to keep the players' dream meter high enough to snuff them. If the players awake or they kill him, it's over.

I don't know if you ever played that batman game (Arkam asylum I think) but there this one section where scarecrow makes you hallucinate and you enter this dream-like world where all this crazy shit happen to the environment, it's trippy as hell. I think something like that along with what you described would make for an excellent gaming experience. 

1 person likes this

I'm getting hyped for games that don't even exist :o

1 person likes this

I think Michael is far scarier than Jason especially because of the stalk thing... he doesn't always kill either so it adds a unique form of suspense.

I think it was Halloween 5 or 6 and there was a little boy running and Michael stopped him, stared at him and let him go.  

All the time watching it I was like... ???

Hellraiser, maybe.

My dark horse candidate:  Christine.

1 person likes this

Hatchet

Childs Play

Leprechaun

Wrong Turn

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Nightmare On Elm Street

Candyman

It

I know What You Did Last Summer

Paranormal Activity

Surprised nobody has mentioned Evil Dead yet.:o

If there woud be Halloween game, i would like to see these things:

1) Survivors could only play in first person view. No more peeking around corner looking for the killer.

2) Game should be much more darker than F13 is.

3) There should be no music change when Michael is near. "Shape stalks" theme would be played when player is chased by Michael.

4) VR support.

5) It should be possible to drive a car with when playing as Michael.

In summary Halloween game should be merciless to non-Michael players.

For Scream game i would like to see voice modulator being implemented. So you could make creepy phonecalls to non-Ghostface players.

1 person likes this