Sign in to follow this  
Alkavian

Retro Jason vs Bear Traps

I saw something interesting today playing against someone using retro Jason on Xbox. I was in a house, Jason saw me and came over to the door. I had trapped it and was standing near a window. He broke through the door and and I climbed out the window (hearing the distinctive *clink* of the the bear trap and getting my 50xp for Trapper). Instantaneously as I cleared the window Jason grabbed me out the outside of the building. Dafuq? He walked into the trap and it credited me with the action, but it did nothing to stop him.

Later in the same match I was spectating. Saw a counselor go in through that same door and they got caught in my trap. Apparently, it registered as triggered but didn't. Jason comes after that counselor. That counselor resets the trap. Jason grabs her and walks right through the trap. It "triggers" but doesn't snap shut on his foot. Jason kills the counselor.

Is this a glitch anyone else has seen happen? Jason wasn't blocking or anything like that. He simply was unaffected by the traps.

This happens with counselors too. While sprinting you can sometimes avoid being stunned by the trap and cancel out the freeing animation... you still get hit and take the damage but the trap just sticks to your leg for a while and then disappears. This often happens when you spring towards a trapped car and open the door with the trap in front of it.

Jason may have been in combat mode, there is an little exploit witch should be patched soon I hope... when he use parry Jason (any one of theme) can nullify traps, flare guns and firecrackers effect.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:46 PM, Shelly Finkelstein said:

Jason may have been in combat mode, there is an little exploit witch should be patched soon I hope...

I'm aware of the combat mode shenanigans....he wasn't in it. That is why I was very confused. I'd never seen this happen before. He was in the "lift" animation after grabbing for the second kill that I spectated. I'm not sure what happened the first time, since I went out the window to find Jason waiting.

Sign in to follow this