I play as part 3 Jason, and my standard technique is I trap the phone, then the vehicles, then I take out power boxes. Then I hunt down the counselors.

14 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

It's especially effective when a counselor has run to the car and is putting in a part and unaware that the house is prepped. If you morph to the car and they run in the house, they're pretty much screwed because you now have the ability to shift into the house 

Ever put traps IN a prepped house?

-Trap the phone.

-Break down the doors at the phone house. 

-Trap the car.

-Break down doors at the house near the car if it's close enough.

-Destroy power boxes.

-Slaughter.

36 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

Kill anything and everything that moves, does drugs or alcohol, or has premarital sex. 

*puts down beer bottle, blunt, and own penis*

• Like 2

This is the way I play.

1. Destroy generator that is in the phone area. This denies Tommy if that cabin happens to be there too.

2. Trap phone.

3. Morph to car or boat depending on where the boat is on the map. In some instances it is not worth the time, such as when it is near Higgin's main house. Good idea if it is not.

4. Hunt silent (no talking). Maximize the terror level using shift into rooms they are sealing up and Stalk.

5. Don't be afraid to end a chase abruptly and at random times. If that little timer in your head says, "I'm spending too much time on this one..." You should morph away to an objective. Kiters WANT you to chase them, throw a wrench in their works by being unpredictable and killing those trying to work the objectives in your absence.

6. No one counselor is "most important" to kill unless everyone is playing Bugsy's and Vanessa's and there is only one bookish girl or nerd. Kill opportunistically unless it conflicts with Rule #5. LOL.

7. Break down doors on the phone house and near the 4-seater. Keep easy access.

8. If chasing a group clustering up. Go for the one in the lead. It makes more efficient use of Shift.

9. Trap batteries and gas cans if they drop them near the car. Same with propellers or gas cans left near the boat. (This option works best if playing Part 2)

10. Be clinical. Ignore any crap-talking and always be cognizant of your surroundings. Don't get BAITED. Once again see #5.

11. Don't get frustrated by flares, knives, and shotguns. If they are blazing away at you, that is a good thing. Limited resources expended early leaves them vulnerable in the late game.

12. Don't be afraid to let someone get away. Yes you read that right. You will have good matches and bad matches. Play against skilled and unskilled players. If you have to choose between someone leaving in a 2-seater or boat and someone calling the cops. Stop the cops because it is an out for all counselors not just a couple. The 4-seater can be tricky, but if you know there is only one or two people in it, then it has no more value than the boat or 2-seater. If they are daring enough to stop to offer a ride to others...well hook them up for not leaving.

13. Jason is what dictates the game pacing and feel. Be Jason. Make everyone have a good time by catering to what everyone loves about the movies. It is not about doing the fastest kill (head swat). It is not about hacking to avoid knives. It is not about getting a perfect kill ratio. It is not all about XP. The Jason player carries the weight of making it fun for everyone. Sure you'll have whiners and poor sports. You'll experience enough salt in this game to turn the lake into an inland ocean. Jason is what makes the game and when you play as Jason you are the star of the movie. Earn your spotlight and make it a movie worth seeing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Space_Pharaoh said:

I'm just curious what the rest of you do since I see a lot of different strategies, from people who rush down everyone with Part 2 Jason to those that are completely unseen for the majority of the match and kill by means of stealth and surprise.

Personally, I like to play mind games like Jason seems to do in the films. Its been quite effective for me. Upon spawning, I immediately trap the phone and cars, hit the powerboxes, and begin stalking the perimeter for stragglers. I'm decent with knives so I grab every one that I can. I almost never rush down my opponents and instead try to make great use of stalk to catch them by surprise as they turn corners. Often, I will morph away just to check on the boat or traps or simply to keep them guessing. If I blow my cover, I usually morph away and then back to attack from a different angle. I never want the survivors to know where I am or feel like they have the upper hand.

I mainly play part 6 or 7 Jason.

What about you?

I play jason to have fun, i play with my victims first before they die a horribly death i never go for an easy kill i'll play ring around the rosey with them, i'll chase them i'll help them find things or just chase them for 20 mins without killing anyone. 

3 hours ago, Space_Pharaoh said:

Ever put traps IN a prepped house?

You cant put traps in a house. But if all the windows are broken they will take dmg going through them. With the doors broken you can shift in the house from outside

27 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

You cant put traps in a house. But if all the windows are broken they will take dmg going through them. With the doors broken you can shift in the house from outside

I honestly did not know that, because I had never tried. I just figured he could since counselors could....hahah. Thanks for saving me from an in game embarassment.

5 minutes ago, Space_Pharaoh said:

I honestly did not know that, because I had never tried. I just figured he could since counselors could....hahah. Thanks for saving me from an in game embarassment.

I think the dead giveaway would be the random pile of leaves in the cabin LOL! :)

1. Grab knives from shack

2. Trap shack

3. Morph to phone

4. Double trap phone

5. Morph to 4 seater 

6. Trap battery and gas of 4 seater

7. Destroy power boxes

8. Listen to mother

If I find a counselor when I'm doing steps 1-7, I'll attempt to kill them, otherwise I'll wait until I've finished all the steps.

It depend on my mood. Most times i usually toy with them :D Entering combat stance and holding the block button is quite entertaining. Poor noobs think they can hurt me XD in all seriousness though, as long as you double trap the phone and the cars, the game is already over. I check the map often so even you disarm my traps i"ll know. I usually play with Part 7 because i like the challenge with fewer traps and all, oh also because of the machete of course XD Honesty all Pro Jasons have the same playstyle by now and that is Complete Annihilation XD

Like pretty much everyone else, the first couple of minutes are spent trapping the phone, cars, or boat, usually with a slight detour to break an electrical box or two.

After that, it varies greatly. Some games I hunt everybody down as fast as possible, some games I just half-ass it and don't bother unless they're very close to me.

Sometimes though, I really love throwing them a curve ball (so to speak) by doing something unexpected, such as:

1) Battering one of them to near death, then abruptly turning around and walking off, ignoring him/her for the rest of the game.

2) Running around and breaking all the doors/windows while leaving the counselors inside unharmed.

3) Following a specific counselor around without grabbing/hitting them.

4) Killing only specific counselors (I.e. only males/females, or only AJ's or Kenny's)

5) Letting a counselor finish an objective before attacking them. A good example is to let them repair the fuse box, follow them inside the cabin, and stand right in their line of sight and not attack until they've hung up the phone (this one's hit or miss because sometimes they abort using the phone/fixing the boat/etc... and run away the second they realize you're there).

6) Actually fighting a counselor 1 v 1 using combat stance. This one I don't do too often, but every now and then I find a counselor actually willing to play along with it. 

7) If I come upon a counselor being attacked by a team-mate sometimes I'll intervene, kill the aggressive counselor, and leave the other one alone.

Once I got lucky and morphed right into almost the whole lobby (at the four seater car) shortly after the match began. When the counselors realized I wasn't immediately brutalizing the ones trying to repair the car, they actually stopped fleeing and came back. So now there's two counselors fixing the car, four just standing there, and Jason standing right beside them basically watching they get ready to escape.

Until a Tiffany decided to run up and hit me from behind. After that, truce was over :D

Trap phone first then move to car or cars. Usually don't worry about the boat unless I have an extra trap and I end up near there. Usually only get 1 electrical box right off the bat and then get them as I come across them. 

I will usually smash all outside doors to the cabin nearest the cars, just in the off chance the counselor gets out of the trap and decides to try and board up in the cabin. Can't lock the door if it isn't there anymore ?

Mainly play as Part 3 for the run ability. I have had quite a bit of success with Part 8 but I get anxiety playing as him trying to morph everwhere and cover everything since he only has a power walk.

My new Jason style after this "patch" is to just stare at the counsellors through the windows. I think it freaks them out. Beats trying to break down doors and windows.

• Like 1

I pretty much do same as most you guys first foremost trap. Double/triple trap phone, and double trap 4 seater sometimes don't even trap the 2 seater since you always get a engine starting sound and it's very doable to stop and kill the 2 seater. I usually save a couple of power boxes for that inevitable AJ or Tiff who tries to hide out the end of the match. Even with that stealth When rage is in knocking out those power boxes will enduce that fear make them glow like a Christmas tree. I'm pretty good with knives I throw a ton of them. I'm not at all a slasher I should probably incorporate a bit more of it i wound counselors more with knives than slashing but I love getting a good kill a spear or axe. I use 6, 8 or 9 

Hack and slash until they fix all the rage quitters, tired of losing 300-500 exp because of man children leaving the game when you grab kill them. Can't understand why the devs just don't make it so you get the kill immediately after start the kill animation...makes no sense.  I get it...Jason's who just hack and slash are annoying as hell but I don't blame them because the rage quitting is out of control atm...this needs to be fixed immediately so Jason can go back to killing counselors in style.

4 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

My new Jason style after this "patch" is to just stare at the counsellors through the windows. I think it freaks them out. Beats trying to break down doors and windows.

LOL!  so true, i do the same thing...I don't even bother with the windows or doors anymore. They are fixing it though which is great news.

Read a few of the posts here and there are some good tips/ strategies I had never really thought to do (like "prep" the phone house and the house closest to the 4 seater or use combat stance to break doors down quicker) as for my main strategy (which usually nabs me about 7-8 kills a match) it goes something like this 

1. Grab the two knives in Jason's shack

2. Morph to the house with phone & trap it

3. Hit power box closest to the phone house

4. Morph to the nearest car (or if there is a car in the same area as the phone I'd walk  over to it) and trap the battery area of the car.

5. Morph to power box furthest away from current location (unless it is next to/near the phone house in which case I'd go to the next one) and hit it.

6. Head to the untrapped vehicle to trap it unless someone sets off one of my traps in which case I will go after them immediately. 

7. Over the course of the match keep tabs on the objectives/map while hunting down counselors until they are all dead. 

During the course of the match I will try to collect as many throwing knives as I can even though I tend to keep their usage to a minimum (I will only use throwing knives on "Fast" characters or anyone I see/know is carrying an objective item in order to make catching them easier or anyone playing the window game who taunts me) and depending on the group of players in the match I will either stay silent, hum unexpected/unlikely tunes (like Jingle Bells, the Super MARIO Bros theme, etc. which really seems to unnerve some people), or talk to them as I hunt them down. I also try to use all of Jason's abilities and do as many different kind of kills as possible (I also try to avoid using the fast kills cause it feels cheap to me, but if someone is constantly breaking free of my grip & then taunting me that's a different story) in a match.

P.S. almost forgot, I main Savini Jason as he imo tends to fit my particular play style better than the others.