I recognize that it's unlikely they will tell us here but- when is new content arriving?

DLC, maps, Jasons, maybe counselors?

The only news recently is that there will be no Pamela and that's the exact opposite of when new content is coming. The game has seen a steady decline, mostly due to server issues and exploits but once you get past those you find how little the game has to offer. It's fun, but repetitive and there's very little incentive to grind past Level 31.

• Like 6

i think they're preoccupied with making the game reliable and actually playable before they start adding. That being said, i'm sure i've heard lots about this summer and single player mode. So the next coming months.

Agreed. I think the game is fun but  I'm slowly getting tired of the maps already. We know the single player update is coming this summer(at least it's supposed to) which will add a whole new layer of content. Wes also said on twitter he's working on new clothes and it's confirmed new maps are in the works. Ideally a counselor clothing pack and a new map will come with this update. It would definitely sastify our appetites for a while.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Agreed. I think the game is fun but  I'm slowly getting tired of the maps already. We know the single player update is coming this summer(at least it's supposed to) which will add a whole new layer of content. Wes also said on twitter he's working on new clothes and it's confirmed new maps are in the works. Ideally a counselor clothing pack and a new map will come with this update. It would definitely sastify our appetites for a while.

Do we really need more variations of shitty clothes?

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

It's fun, but repetitive and there's very little incentive to grind past Level 31.

Pretty much. 

3 minutes ago, Geometrek said:

Nope.

Nor do we need the "Abandoned Camp" map that's going to recycle the same things the existing 3 maps recycle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geometrek said:

Nope this time it's actual new models of clothes not just recolors. 

10 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Nope.

Nor do we need the "Abandoned Camp" map that's going to recycle the same things the existing 3 maps recycle.

I think an abandoned camp could be pretty cool as long as it looks abandoned... I don't mind more camp grounds as maps as long as they aren't reusing the same cabin textures some different colors and textures can really spruce things up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Nope this time it's actual new models of clothes not just recolors. 

Oh ok, that is a little better then I guess. 

It's fun, but repetitive and there's very little incentive to grind past Level 31.

True but can't that be said about any game if you think about it. Call of duty for example is ultimately the same thing over and over again and millions of people still play it.

10 hours ago, Geometrek said:

Oh ok, that is a little better then I guess. 

Wes said they are redoing the gore effects to allow for more customization options he alluded characters with jackets like bugzy and Adam can mix and match their outer and inne pieces.

• Like 2

This is pure speculation but I'd say there's a good chance that the single player dlc could be delayed. So maybe take the whole "summer release" with a pinch of salt. 

I would say that we're a month or 2 away from new content. They feel like they can fix the exploits to get the game back on track, I personally don't think they fully can. A new glitch seems to pop up every time they fix something.

15 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

True but can't that be said about any game if you think about it. Call of duty for example is ultimately the same thing over and over again and millions of people still play it.

Also true but when you die in Call of Duty you don't spend upwards of 20 minutes watching other people play before you get back into the game.

7 minutes ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

This is pure speculation but I'd say there's a good chance that the single player dlc could be delayed. So maybe take the whole "summer release" with a pinch of salt. 

I smell a countdown.

5 minutes ago, Skynyrd said:

I would say that we're a month or 2 away from new content. They feel like they can fix the exploits to get the game back on track, I personally don't think they fully can. A new glitch seems to pop up every time they fix something.

I guess it's normal for games but these glitches seem more pronounced (giant axe!) than the average game. Wonder if they'll ever get a handle (pun!) on it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

This is pure speculation but I'd say there's a good chance that the single player dlc could be delayed

Friday,October 13th.

25 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Friday,October 13th.

I don't know... these are the guys who said they don't like gimmicky dates (even though they made a video game based on a film that's centered around, and often marketed on, a "gimmicky date".) :lol:

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't know... these are the guys who said they don't like gimmicky dates (even though they made a video game based on a film that's centered around, and often marketed on, a "gimmicky date".)

They also said a lot about player discovery (Jason's death spoiled before release,videos of literally everything online before release),making a horror game with true dread (Jason is mic'd,Chad-face),and not wanting to release a broken game (...........).

If there isn't SOMETHING planned for Friday The 13th......

Well it wouldn't shock me anymore.

Also wondering if Retro Jason is ever going to get that axe throw kill,like in the video THEY released....

4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

They also said a lot about player discovery (Jason's death spoiled before release,videos of literally everything online before release),making a horror game with true dread (Jason is mic'd,Chad-face),and not wanting to release a broken game (...........).

If there isn't SOMETHING planned for Friday The 13th......

Well it wouldn't shock me anymore.

Also wondering if Retro Jason is ever going to get that axe throw kill,like in the video THEY released....

Fuck, I actually forgot about the whole player discovery line and how it quickly became bullshit with the early access to streamers. Letting them kill Jason... that was probably one of the lamest things they've done. Hype the shit out of it and then it happens before a single paid user gets access to the game. That was pretty fucked up. :)

Chadface got torn apart by reviewers. I was happy to see that because it's so stupid. I never found it funny. These guys enjoy horror movies but I don't think they "get" horror. Having Jason telling me lame jokes is one of my least favourite parts of this game. Everyone wants to be funny but so few actually are and even then- I'm trying to escape, not listen to lame jokes.

Haven't seen any Retro Jasons myself since the XP weekend. He's a colour swap (with oddly quiet music) that doesn't add anything to the game. That extra kill would have been some nice incentive, as well as opening and closing videos of him. It feels so cheap and quickly thrown together. It's underwhelming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Fuck, I actually forgot about the whole player discovery line and how it quickly became bullshit with the early access to streamers. Letting them kill Jason... that was probably one of the lamest things they've done. Hype the shit out of it and then it happens before a single paid user gets access to the game. That was pretty fucked up. :)

We both know how I feel about this.

Still haven't heard a response on that btw. I assume they're gonna let that one be swept under the rug.

Chadface got torn apart by reviewers. I was happy to see that because it's so stupid. I never found it funny. These guys enjoy horror movies but I don't think they "get" horror. Having Jason telling me lame jokes is one of my least favourite parts of this game. Everyone wants to be funny but so few actually are and even then- I'm trying to escape, not listen to lame jokes.

I found chad face to be humorous. The first time. In Beta.

And I prefer to be silent and concentrate. Counselors are getting smarter and I need that added element of surprise with stalk. No time to make jokes and pretend to be funny.

Haven't seen any Retro Jasons myself since the XP weekend. He's a colour swap (with oddly quiet music) that doesn't add anything to the game. That extra kill would have been some nice incentive, as well as opening and closing videos of him. It feels so cheap and quickly thrown together. It's underwhelming.

I've seen a couple since then. If he had the exclusive kill i'm sure we would see more of him. But this was very cheaply thrown together with not much after thought. How can you miss something so simple like the intro/outro?

• Like 1

I hope there's an announcement at the very least at the end of the month. I love what they'd done with the locations from the first three movies but it's time for a Jarvis House or Forest Green map. The abandoned camp could be cool if it looks burned down or covered in mist with dilapidated cabins and signs there, even some faded blood in the cabins to signify that something went very wrong there. And when it rains, it rains heavily with thunder in the background.

And hopefully those counselor clothes are cool, Chad needs more $5000 clothing. 

• Like 1

Just a rough estimate would be nice. Will it be 2 weeks, 2 months or 6 months? 

Are both maps and Jason models being worked on? Or one or the another? 

The game does desperately need new content that's for sure. I'm not too interested in more clothing...what the characters were wearing was not something I relate to the films. 

@Impactedmedal38 please do not double post in threads, I have merged your posts.

I see them occasionally. I was in a couple matches yesterday that Larry Zerner aka: Shelly from Part 3 was hosting, and he used NES Jason. I appreciate Gun giving us NES Jason for free, because of all the screw ups. But I agree, it's a bit underwhelming. All of the Jason's in the game have their own unique set of abilities and kills. Hopefully they'll revisit the NES Jason and do this in the future once the major issues are finally resolved.

Honestly, I don't want any new content until the content we have isn't so bugged.

• Like 1

While I want new Jason's, kills, counselors, weapons, clothes, etc... the thing I want first and foremost is new maps. As much as I wanted to see single player too, I'd actually rather have some new maps first. Shake things up and reinvigorate things that way, since you don't have things memorized! Everything else I'll wait patiently for, but would love to see some new maps soon!

• Like 3

Idk, the players sure have discovered a lot of bugs and glitches. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Wes said they are redoing the gore effects to allow for more customization options he alluded characters with jackets like bugzy and Adam can mix and match their outer and inne pieces.

Cod has different game modes like infected, team death match and.... other stuff...

We need different game mode for f13 too.

13 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

While I want new Jason's, kills, counselors, weapons, clothes, etc... the thing I want first and foremost is new maps. As much as I wanted to see single player too, I'd actually rather have some new maps first. Shake things up and reinvigorate things that way, since you don't have things memorized! Everything else I'll wait patiently for, but would love to see some new maps soon!

Agree. We already have 6 Jason's (7 if you count Savini) we desperately need new maps. Playing as Jason X on the same three maps will get old quickly.

Maps simply have to be the main focus for this game to move forward. 

• Like 2