Hello ladies and gentleman! This is my first topic and I hope it can be useful for players and this game's developers.

One of my biggest problems with Jason gameplay are the Jason(s) stats.

More specifically Jason 3 (optional), Jason 7 and Jason 8. And Savini Jason is perfect :)

Jason 3 (optional): This Jason seen to have very basic gameplay due to his stats. His way of killing seens very direct: Go to his victim and kill them. People keep saying I'm bitching about Jason 3 needing changes but for me, a Jason with these stats will never be the Jason from Friday the 13th: Part 3.

Gameplay Style: Hunter

Stats:

+Can Run

+Grip Strenght (Replace)

+Weapon Strength

-Stun Resistance

-Sense

-Stalk (Replace)

Suggestions:

Replace +Grip Strenght and -Stalk. For me, no Jason need to have bad Stalk since it is the way he killed most of his victims in the movies. And with +Grip Strenght, the Jason 3 players will just ignore everything and every method and pursue their targets without strategy since he is a running Jason. I don't know about his new strenght and weakness, so please comment below what it should be.

Jason 7: Oh boy! Where do I begin? One of the Moderators called Kodiak said Jason 7 was supposed to be a grappler Jason, but can't see the point since his Strenghts are terrible. His -Shift and -Can't Run make him unable to reach running counselors and cars, thus making him very slow. What's the point of having +Sense if he can't reach counselors? Also, +Water Speed doesn't make a good balance to his abilities since no one is dumb enough to enter in the water unless if it's by boat (take in mind that some maps doesn't have boats).

Gameplay Style: "Grappler"/Stalker

Stats:

+Sense (Replace)

+Water Speed

+Grip Strenght

-Traps (Replace)

-Can't Run

-Shift

Suggestions:

Replace +Sense and -Traps. His +Sense needs to be replaced with +Stalk which I think it would be a great addition to his gameplay. This Jason looks like that "one-chance" type of gameplay which he needs to wait for his prey but if he fails, it will punish him and with this update, he can have the right tools to adopt this playstyle :). But since the combination of +Grip Strenght and +Stalk might be too OP, I think -Shift will balance him more. And as a bonus, I removed -Traps to help him get a better control of the scenario (however, I don't know what to put in its place. So please, comment below what weakness should replace it).

Jason 8: This Jason is one of the best Jason(s) in the game simply because of +Destruction which most Jason players love it since destroying locked doors is annoying. But I feel some of his Strenghts are really random. Why does he has both +Stalk and +Destruction? There's any kind of combination these abilities can do?

Gameplay Type: Strategic

Stats:

+Stalk (Replace)

+Destruction

+Water Speed

-Sense

-Can't Run

-Grip Strenght

Suggestion:

Not much go say here except that +Stalk doesn't seen to fit him. Jason 8 needs +Morph. I think it will give him total control of the scenario. Then he can smash all the doors before the counselors arrive, place traps under the smashed doors and go into the water more often to wait for the Morph cooldown. I also this his weaknesses are perfect! His -Sense will make it harder for him to locate counselors and his -Grip Strenght will discorage Jason 8 players to stay next to houses and do environmental kills.

3 and 8 are fine - they're both powerful and unique in playstyle. They don't need changing.

7 is the only bad Jason, though I personally think that 6 is generally outclassed by 9 as a 'chaser' Jason, and needs a boost accordingly.

Knives are a little poor, so i'd give him 10 to start instead to bring him up to par, then he'd be great.

45 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

3 and 8 are fine - they're both powerful and unique in playstyle. They don't need changing.

7 is the only bad Jason, though I personally think that 6 is generally outclassed by 9 as a 'chaser' Jason, and needs a boost accordingly.

Knives are a little poor, so i'd give him 10 to start instead to bring him up to par, then he'd be great.

I didn't say they're bad. I said they need changes. Didn't you read my post?

Also, I think you forgot Part 6 has BOTH Shift and Throwing Knives.

Part 8 definitely needs +Morph instead. I feel like +Stalk would be more appropriate for Part 2 instead of +Morph. I also think that +Weapon Damage should go to part 9 with Part 3 getting something else. Weapon strength is too powerful for the first Jason you play as. If they gave Part 7 -Stalk instead of -Shift, that would help in my opinion. I'd make that sacrifice.

17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Part 8 definitely needs +Morph instead. I feel like +Stalk would be more appropriate for Part 2 instead of +Morph. I also think that +Weapon Damage should go to part 9 with Part 3 getting something else. Weapon strength is too powerful for the first Jason you play as. If they gave Part 7 -Stalk instead of -Shift, that would help in my opinion. I'd make that sacrifice.

Nah, Part 2 is fine (Deja vú?). I consider each Jason as some unique kind of playstyle: Hunter (Part 3 and 6), Strategic (Part 2 and 8) and Stalker (Part 7 and 9).

Strategic focuses on map and objective control.

Hunter focuses on pursuing counselors.

And Stalker focuses on standing still using Stalk and wait for a prey when you're out of sight.

I also think Part 3 really needs weapon damage since it remind me of the movie, where he slashed the biker's hand and cut a guy in half.

38 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I didn't say they're bad. I said they need changes. Didn't you read my post?

Also, I think you forgot Part 6 has BOTH Shift and Throwing Knives.

I also said they don't need changes not that you said they were bad, and mentioned he was a shifter by comparing him to 9, and that he had knives by saying he needed more.

I don't think you understood or properly read anything I said.

Regardless, your analysis is poor and has been done better and to death elsewhere. 

• Like 1

I think all Jason's are well balanced, and bring different play styles.

part 8 is perfect. His shift and morph is fine. Both seem average but he's hopping around the map just like the movie. Plus you  just gotta use his Stalk to get the jump on people. I'd argue he was stalking more then morphing in the film.

part 2 makes sense to be the trapper Jason, and his + morph makes him the objective control Jason.

Part 7 maybe I'd replace grip strength with Stalk, as he stalked a lot in the film, plus I'd like to see a Jason with + sense and + Stalk.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I also said they don't need changes not that you said they were bad, and mentioned he was a shifter by comparing him to 9, and that he had knives by saying he needed more.

I don't think you understood or properly read anything I said.

Regardless, your analysis is poor and has been done better and to death elsewhere. 

You said Part 9 Jason outclasses Part 6 which is not true at all and didn't showed any reasons to support it. About the Knives, I think by your logic every Jason needs more knives, not only Part 6. But saying Part 6 is bad and needs a buff is foolishness.

I kind of agree with you, I didn't understand your comment.

Well, analizing Part 3, I think I dislike his Strengths because it didn't remember me of the movie at all... But Part 8 REALLY needs a change. Do you see people using him for his Stalk?  Do you remember a match with a good Part 8 Jason Stalker? Everyone just use him for his Detruction. Switching Stalk with Morph will help using Destruction more effectively.

He didn't say part 9 outclasses part 6, he only mentioned a similarity between the two in how they operate. But, as already stated, no, parts 3 & 8 don't need any changes. I don't see the problem if people use part 8 for his added destruction...that's kind of the point of giving the Jason's unique perks, so they can be used accordingly.

Jason 8 is overrated, sure destruction is good, but its only good for the opening 5 minutes, once people are out trying to acheive objectives and escape his stats let him down. Not to mention that once rage is activated it makes destruction obsolete.

I feel the best Jasons are 9 and 6. 9 would be my fav if he wasn't so fugly and 6 seems like it takes longer to smash down doors :(

15 minutes ago, Super-Luke88 said:

Jason 8 is overrated, sure destruction is good, but its only good for the opening 5 minutes, once people are out trying to acheive objectives and escape his stats let him down. Not to mention that once rage is activated it makes destruction obsolete.

I feel the best Jasons are 9 and 6. 9 would be my fav if he wasn't so fugly and 6 seems like it takes longer to smash down doors :(

As part 8 I Frequently kill the entire lobby before rage even kicks in.

part 8 is always in Rage mode ?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

He didn't say part 9 outclasses part 6, he only mentioned a similarity between the two in how they operate. But, as already stated, no, parts 3 & 8 don't need any changes. I don't see the problem if people use part 8 for his added destruction...that's kind of the point of giving the Jason's unique perks, so they can be used accordingly.

And I hope they don't stop using him. I also love using him for his Destruction too, but I think the combinations of Salk and Destruction doesn't make sense. He needs to switch his Stalk with Morph to help Jason 8 players use Destruction more.

32 minutes ago, Super-Luke88 said:

Jason in general is fucking ugly...why would that change with part 9?

Anyway, part 9 is probably one of the worst Jason's after part 7...hell, I've managed to clean house with part 7 but not part 9. In fact, he's the only Jason I haven't cleaned house with...except that one time all but two people quit the lobby. haha

34 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Jason in general is fucking ugly...why would that change with part 9?

Anyway, part 9 is probably one of the worst Jason's after part 7...hell, I've managed to clean house with part 7 but not part 9. In fact, he's the only Jason I haven't cleaned house with...except that one time all but two people quit the lobby. haha

Yeah, but the other Jasons look cool and intimidating. Part 9 just looks like a burn victim, elephant man and a popped spot all had a baby.

I think I changed to part 9 because as part 6 i kept getting knocked the fuck out. Part 9 has stun resistence

I fuck shit up with part 6 Jason...part 9? Not so much, even with the decreased ability to stun him.

And again, Jason is meant to be deformed...hideous. All incarnations of the character are ugly, no matter how cool one finds the designs. He's an ugly motherfucker all the way around.

18 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

I fuck shit up with part 6 Jason...part 9? Not so much, even with the decreased ability to stun him.

And again, Jason is meant to be deformed...hideous. All incarnations of the character are ugly, no matter how cool one finds the designs. He's an ugly motherfucker all the way around.

Would you say...Hes got a face only a mother cld love? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super-Luke88 said:

Yeah, but the other Jasons look cool and intimidating. Part 9 just looks like a burn victim, elephant man and a popped spot all had a baby.

I think I changed to part 9 because as part 6 i kept getting knocked the fuck out. Part 9 has stun resistence

Part 9 looks like a fucked up testicle with a partial mask covering it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Jason 7: Oh boy! Where do I begin? One of the Moderators called Kodiak said Jason 7 was supposed to be a grappler Jason, but can't see the point since his Strenghts are terrible. His -Shift and -Can't Run make him unable to reach running counselors and cars, thus making him very slow. What's the point of having +Sense if he can't reach counselors? Also, +Water Speed doesn't make a good balance to his abilities since no one is dumb enough to enter in the water unless if it's by boat (take in mind that some maps doesn't have boats).

Gameplay Style: "Grappler"/Stalker

Stats:

+Sense (Replace)

+Water Speed

+Grip Strenght

-Traps (Replace)

-Can't Run

-Shift

Suggestions:

Replace +Sense and -Traps. His +Sense needs to be replaced with +Stalk which I think it would be a great addition to his gameplay. This Jason looks like that "one-chance" type of gameplay which he needs to wait for his prey but if he fails, it will punish him and with this update, he can have the right tools to adopt this playstyle :). But since the combination of +Grip Strenght and +Stalk might be too OP, I think -Shift will balance him more. And as a bonus, I removed -Traps to help him get a better control of the scenario (however, I don't know what to put in its place. So please, comment below what weakness should replace it).

@Kodiak your thoughts?

Personally I just see this as "unnecessary changes for each Jason". They are all balanced perfectly to me and I can play them all. Each how tapers to different play styles that's why you think they aren't any good.

Also I think you are posting in wrong part of the forum.

Part 3 doesn't need a change. Haven't played Part 8 yet so I can't comment on him. Part 7 needs to have something replace Shift as a weakness. What good is that grip when you can't even catch anything?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Would you say...Hes got a face only a mother cld love? :D

Of course. Only a mother could love that ugly bastard. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

@Kodiak your thoughts?

Personally I just see this as "unnecessary changes for each Jason". They are all balanced perfectly to me and I can play them all. Each how tapers to different play styles that's why you think they aren't any good.

Personally if it were up to me, I would change part 7's strengths and weaknesses a bit. Not many people play part 7 because he's just so slow. It's not up to me to decide though :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Part 3 doesn't need a change. Haven't played Part 8 yet so I can't comment on him. Part 7 needs to have something replace Shift as a weakness. What good is that grip when you can't even catch anything?

Wow! I didn't knew people were enjoing Part 3 so much. I guess I'll need to edit my topic. Thanks :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

@Kodiak your thoughts?

I also think you're commenting in the wrong topic.

This topic is for people who thinks, not the ones that read someone's analysis and says "This guy's wrong" without a proper explanation.

10 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

And I hope they don't stop using him. I also love using him for his Destruction too, but I think the combinations of Salk and Destruction doesn't make sense. He needs to switch his Stalk with Morph to help Jason 8 players use Destruction more.

Stalk and Destruction work well together for this reason. 

A couple councilors are barricaded in a cabin, jason enters Stalk. He walks up to a door and hacks it down in 3 hits. The councilors inside are taken by surprise, and panic.

Most other Jason's would give away their position long before he even approached the door. Giving the councilors a heads up. More time to search for pocket knives and form a plan.

• Like 2