Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Check the other threads.

I'm livid.

Is it actually on the market, or are you referring to the method people use to get it for free? I saw in the patch notes they supposedly fixed it, which is what I was initially referring to. Exploit for backer thing comes along, patch comes out a couple days later, when folks had been waiting for ages before that.

1 minute ago, ColdArmy13 said:

It is, saw a link to it on the store on Reddit. Did it on my phone so can't yet confirm it works.

It works.

2 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

Oh boy, how'd that come to be?

Newest backlash detected.

You have no idea :D

Since there is no payment required, I am pretty sure they'll have no problem removing those free Savini Skins from the accounts that grabbed it.

It's unfortunate, to be sure, but I wouldn't get too excited about it (on either side of the issue).

Just now, Nomadder said:

Since there is no payment required, I am pretty sure they'll have no problem removing those free Savini Skins from the accounts that grabbed it.

It's unfortunate, to be sure, but I wouldn't get too excited about it (on either side of the issue).

I really hope this is the case.

Just now, ColdArmy13 said:

I know it wasn't free, but they had no issue letting ps4 keep it when they messed up.

That's partially because they paid and refunds would have to be issued.

No red tape here. From what I see, it's paid DLC accidentally released for free. They should be able to revoke the items.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

No red tape here. From what I see, it's paid DLC accidentally released for free. They should be able to revoke the items.

I'm on board with revoking them, but I don't see the issue with refunding their mistake.. unless they wanted the money.

Just now, ColdArmy13 said:

I'm on board with revoking them, but I don't see the issue with refunding their mistake.. unless they wanted the money.

Yeah, it's odd.

Also odd how it managed to be released on both console platforms. 

Also odd how it seems to only be Savini "leaked" and never the clothes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah, it's odd.

Also odd how it managed to be released on both console platforms. 

Also odd how it seems to only be Savini "leaked" and never the clothes.

It is odd. If there was a charge for it here as well I'd call BS.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It's also a bit telling that when the PSN fiasco happened Gun tweeted almost immediately that it was a mistake on PSN's part and they were frantically trying to get Sony to remove it. Not a peep so far on the free XBox Savini unless I'm missing some obscure post about it on reddit or discord which I don't bother with.

Not that I really care about it and I own Savini on steam. I'm just done being pissed off about the "exclusivity" of it. The game still has many bugs and issues that need fixing and that is more important to me. I couldn't care less if they reneged and decided to sell it on all platforms to generate more cash. I'm just done with this Savini stuff.

And I realize I'm in the very very very small minority on that thought but I don't care.

How would revoking work though, on a technical level? When you have the Savini DLC on your Xbox and you play, every time it loads, is there an internal mechanism that verifies the purchase before it loads it?

For example, when Xbox revoked the licenses for FALLOUT 4 after releasing the Deluxe Version for free, the game didn't vanish from your Xbox. Just simply, those licenses that were handed out during those installations were deactivated, so when you turned the game on, it didn't recognize it as a legitimate purchase. But it was still on your machine.

For a DLC like this, they can't revoke the game license, so at what point would the system be able to determine if your Savini was legit?

I don't know enough about programming to know the answer, but figure someone on here must. Generally curious.

A friend of mine posted a screen shot of a lobby on X1 and ALL 8 players had Savini chosen. This thing might be too far gone for MS to do anything about. 

Also it mistakenly is released by Sony for a charge, now is on the Microsoft store as free. This is strange.

15 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

How would revoking work though, on a technical level? When you have the Savini DLC on your Xbox and you play, every time it loads, is there an internal mechanism that verifies the purchase before it loads it?

For example, when Xbox revoked the licenses for FALLOUT 4 after releasing the Deluxe Version for free, the game didn't vanish from your Xbox. Just simply, those licenses that were handed out during those installations were deactivated, so when you turned the game on, it didn't recognize it as a legitimate purchase. But it was still on your machine.

For a DLC like this, they can't revoke the game license, so at what point would the system be able to determine if your Savini was legit?

I don't know enough about programming to know the answer, but figure someone on here must. Generally curious.

I doubt they will get revoked.  Easier to do nothing about it.  Welcome to the ps4 debacle club.  

1 minute ago, John Wick said:

A friend of mine posted a screen shot of a lobby on X1 and ALL 8 players had Savini chosen. This thing might be too far gone for MS to do anything about. 

Jeez I wanna see that screen shot lol 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Jeez I wanna see that screen shot lol 

Can't see the Savini Jason on the Xbox Store where I live so is the leak only in certain countries then or is it just selectable in game or something??

1 minute ago, VesperAngel89 said:

Can't see the Savini Jason on the Xbox Store where I live so is the leak only in certain countries then or is it just selectable in game or something??

From what I can tell it's gotta be through a link. 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

From what I can tell it's gotta be through a link. 

Any chance somebody could post it here as I would love to have the skin even if they end up revoking it again. It's just cool to play with this awesome skin while I can

11 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I doubt they will get revoked.  Easier to do nothing about it.  Welcome to the ps4 debacle club.  

Yeah, because I wonder if it's even possible. They can't go in and physically delete stuff off of your hardware, so unless there's a checkpoint already built into the game, I don't see how they could stop it from loading on your game if you already downloaded it.

• Like 1