20 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

So, i need help understanding something.  I'm not a programmer so I'm not looking to start a war or flame bait content.  I had a dead by daylight update waiting on me when i got home.  After it finished, i went to the update history.  That game has already had like 5 or 6 patches.  How is it that they can roll out patches consistently but F13 can't?  Serious question.  From my understanding, DBDL is a small indie game as well.  Any thoughts on how they get stuff through cert so quickly?  And, please remember....if you don't have anything to contribute to the question(s) just move along.  

DBD was on PC for awhile before it hit consoles. They gpt the Mike Myers dlc in October I think. Were getting it next month

Status report: finally picked up the game. Met with some locals and joined a match.

It dashboarded on the loading screen.

Will try again.

Tried a few rounds of quick match. First time, it threw me in a lobby by myself, backed out and tried again, same thing. After waiting a bit, I tried again and this time it put me in a full lobby. Was only able to get 2 matches in, 1 as Jason and one as counselor and both matches finished fine. Granted playing 2 back to back matches hasn't really been an issue, it's when ur on ur 4th or 5th that's a problem. IDK if it was just me, but the game seemed to run a bit smoother, felt like the FPS were more consistent throughout the match. Other than that, I couldn't spot any differences. 

48 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Status report: finally picked up the game. Met with some locals and joined a match.

It dashboarded on the loading screen.

Will try again.

Damn...

First experience was that after a couple hours:

out me and my friend in an empty lobby about 2/3 of the times we searched. I dashboard crashed during the fourth game.

So QM works occasionally and the crashes still exist. The frame rate did improve a bit and I'm sure they took care of the known glitches. If I didn't have the PC version I could probably live with this.

9 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

First experience was that after a couple hours:

out me and my friend in an empty lobby about 2/3 of the times we searched. I dashboard crashed during the fourth game.

So QM works occasionally and the crashes still exist. The frame rate did improve a bit and I'm sure they took care of the known glitches. If I didn't have the PC version I could probably live with this.

I still haven't crashed yet so knock on wood.

but some of my friends have already crashed multiple times.

Xbox One patch is now live and fixes a lot of issues for us Xbox Players. So get back out there and start killing those pesky camp counselors again

1 hour ago, Triple X said:

I get kicked in 2 of 3 games so I don't see any update yet 

Well ddnt forget even host not crash but for some reason just quit from game manual or going to main menu u always received message i been kicked.

This gonna be happened untill they not find solution like migration host. In twitter they talk about that, so maybe in next patch they some options for that.

It seems that some are crashing still while others are having no issues. I would suggest if you crash you should list here what character/s you have been playing, perks you use, and probably even an approximation of how many objects on average you are interacting with. I say to do this because it seems that there is obviously a leak that not everyone is encountering all the time. If it can be narrowed down by those who are crashing listing who and what they play and interact with maybe a common cause can be found. 

Example, maybe those who open a ton of drawers/windows or run into a lot dead body stingers crash more. Or, maybe a certain perk is leaking memory and only those who use it are having difficulties. In the past versions If I had a guess I would say there was a leak having to deal with audio but that would seem unlikely if not everyone is experiencing it. However, if those not crashing at the moment spend less time interacting with objects and bodies it could be an audio problem but since they are triggering audio cues it might take longer for them to notice.

Anyway, I could go on,  on the possibilities of what could be going wrong but this post is long enough as is for now. So, if everyone who crashes just takes a moment to list some info from the crash maybe it will help resolve the issue. 

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

It seems that some are crashing still while others are having no issues. I would suggest if you crash you should list here what character/s you have been playing, perks you use, and probably even an approximation of how many objects on average you are interacting with. I say to do this because it seems that there is obviously a leak that not everyone is encountering all the time. If it can be narrowed down by those who are crashing listing who and what they play and interact with maybe a common cause can be found. 

Example, maybe those who open a ton of drawers/windows or run into a lot dead body stingers crash more. Or, maybe a certain perk is leaking memory and only those who use it are having difficulties. In the past versions If I had a guess I would say there was a leak having to deal with audio but that would seem unlikely if not everyone is experiencing it. However, if those not crashing at the moment spend less time interacting with objects and bodies it could be an audio problem but since they are triggering audio cues it might take longer for them to notice.

Anyway, I could go on,  on the possibilities of what could be going wrong but this post is long enough as is for now. So, if everyone who crashes just takes a moment to list some info from the crash maybe it will help resolve the issue. 

Gotta love how we gotta do the work for them and we don’t even get paid for it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Gotta love how we gotta do the work for them and we don’t even get paid for it

It's always been that way. The faster they track down the issue the faster everyone gets to enjoy the game. Game testers never get all the bugs mainly because they don't have the conditions to test in like once it's been released. Small scale testing always misses the worst bugs.

Just now, Brigadius said:

It's always been that way. The faster they track down the issue the faster everyone gets to enjoy the game. Game testers never get all the bugs mainly because they don't have the conditions to test in like once it's been released. Small scale testing always misses the worst bugs.

That’s very true

Played for a couple hours last night. Only had 2 matches drop and I'm fairly certain that was due to the host leaving...so they still gotta figure out host migration.

Seemed a lot better overall. Quickmatch put me in lobbies with anywhere from 3 to 6 players and they filled themselves pretty quick. Definitely an improvement.

1 hour ago, RocknRon13 said:

Can anybody confirm if all 3 perk slots are working now?

I am at work now, but going to try moving some around when I get home. I didn't read anything about this in the patch notes though.

Tried to download the patch and there was none. Restarted the Xbox and patch was located. Updated the box and restarted it again to make sure that any updates were good to go. 

I played about 6-7 matches last night over the period of about 2 hours. Did not experience one single crash. At the completion of the match on one of them had a "connection lost" error...it appeared the host disconnected on the XP screen. Asked him when he came back if he dashboarded, but it apparently was a internet issue.

Dashboardings = 0

Game Freezes = 0

Connection Lost = 1 (unrelated to the previous two issues)

Not too shabby.;) The frame rate seems smoother as well.

Issues that I noticed. Game party is still having issues. I would prefer not the explore that monster further but some friends insist on using it. :::shudders::: :unsure: Saw a glitch/bug as Jason where I walked up to a barricaded cabin has Jason, Swung the weapon at the door in combat stance and got pulled through it to the other side. The players inside about shit their pants and had to jump frantically out any window they could find. I let them and broke the door down from the inside before continuing the chase...it would not have been gratifying to kill them that way.

*wonders how many people think the patch finally releasing is not a coincidence related to the Savini skin hijacking that started only a few days ago, and that it didn't really address anything.

1 minute ago, kuebel33 said:

*wonders how many people think the patch finally releasing is not a coincidence related to the Savini skin hijacking that started only a few days ago, and that it didn't really address anything.

Not only that, but he's now free on the market.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not only that, but he's now free on the market.

Lol are you serious? Wow.