7 minutes ago, DEEZ Nutz said:

Needless to say, this is the last time I'll EVER support an indie Dev. Fool me once...

I'm looking forward to this one,to be honest:

http://www.lastyearthegame.com/

Every interview with the developers has been a breath of fresh air. They are releasing on PC first,instead of trying to do everything at once.

15 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Every interview with the developers has been a breath of fresh air. They are releasing on PC first,instead of trying to do everything at once.

meh, looks ok. Scariest game was P.T. Stupid Konami.....

On 7/24/2017 at 11:33 AM, Brigadius said:

This game was marketed as a multi-player game, single player was an afterthought added later. So if you are making a multi-player game and launch a game where the multi-player doesn't function or barely functions you better believe you are going to get a shit storm brought down upon you. When the whole point of the game is multi-player and that doesn't work what did they expect. Praise?  

Gta had multi-player issues but the main focus of that game is the story with multi-player being what keeps the fans playing when they are done. So that is an apples to oranges comparison. I love the multi-player in gta but that's hardly the reason I bought it and I bet that's the same for most. 

Ok, but then explain Blizzard having issues with every one of their online games.

The fact is that these things happen with just about every online game and they aren't always fixed up right within a couple of months. Patience is required. It seems like too many are new to online gaming. I even said before launch that there was going to be issues like what we are seeing. You know how I knew it was going to happen? Because it happens every time.

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

Lol! And they have a Chad to but apparently he's an assault character?

I do love the shaggy hobo killer though

• Like 1

I'm on PS4 and I've been reading about the XBOX issue for a few weeks now... What's the holdup? This can't be on Microsoft's end anymore PlayStation had this update for nearly a month now. Are they starting to take a backseat on this game already?

I'm interested in this as well. But after the experience with F13, I'm highly hesitant to support another indie title until the game is out, and functioning correctly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

I'm interested in this as well. But after the experience with F13, I'm highly hesitant to support another indie title until the game is out, and functioning correctly.

I hear that. But this interview really sold me on the mindset of the development team. They realize they are not AAA so they are focusing on PC first,before spreading out to consoles. It's not overpriced. They acknowledge that getting a license like F13TH is great,but there is more freedom in creating their own characters/universe. The map variety is SOLID. School,mall,camp,suburbs. Gonna have to make an official post in offtopic/other games soon ;)

• Like 1

I don't have the Xbox version, but i have been keeping an eye on this thread. This affects all users on all systems.  If you think they are going to do any upgrades or patches or new dlc  while the xbox users still havent got the patch from almost a month ago I don't think so.

August is upon us. The single player campaign probably isn't even remotely close to being ready. I make this assumption due to the lack of screen shots from single player ( those story board images don't count) and the fact that a small patch can't even pass Microsoft certification. 

I read some of these comments and see fans telling other fans they aren't patient enough or to quit whinning. Just who do you guys think you are? These people paid cash money for an unstable heap of a version and can barley play. If it needed more time, they shouldn't have sold it.

The fact Microsoft is giving refunds no questions asked speaks for itself. 2 months is plenty of time to have this worked out. No these people aren't being impatient. They are wanting a functioning product they paid for.

Another poster said that he expects 2 month wait times because all online games are like that. While most do have problems, they are at least somewhat playable or have a single player mode to keep you entertained. He mentions blizzard, I have played wow since 2004, and while it has had its problems, there is no 2 months to wait to play.

I have for the most part enjoyed my play experience in game. But the way this company handles issues and communication, how can you guys keep jumping on here and defending this? Small team and give them time excuses are used up.  The damage is done. Most people agree this is a great game but the team handling it is poor. 

Give these people their patch!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Ok, but then explain Blizzard having issues with every one of their online games.

The fact is that these things happen with just about every online game and they aren't always fixed up right within a couple of months. Patience is required. It seems like too many are new to online gaming. I even said before launch that there was going to be issues like what we are seeing. You know how I knew it was going to happen? Because it happens every time.

Ive heard this "every multiplayer game has problems look at [insert huge company here]."

Thats a bit of a false equivalency. First of all, F13 is a small game in comparison to CoD, WoW, GTA, or Assassin's Creed. Most of those games have dozens of maps or areas that are filled with interactive events, dialogue branches, NPCs,  millions of customizable perks and options, and  destructable enviroments not to mention a dozen to hundreds of people in the same virtual location.

F13 is a small multiplayer game that has near non-interactive enviroments, no NPCs, nearly no dialogue, a dozen items, and a rarity variability on two dozen perks.  This is, from a coding standpoint, a much easier game to build and design then other multiplayer titles. 

What really has me concerned is the prospect of single player. If the rumors are to be true that the single player experience will resemble a hitman style video game I have no doubt illphonic will have trouble with something of further complexity.

51 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I read some of these comments and see fans telling other fans they aren't patient enough or to quit whinning. Just who do you guys think you are? These people paid cash money for an unstable heap of a version and can barley play. If it needed more time, they shouldn't have sold it.

PREACH. THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THAT I'M NOT LOSING MY MIND.

I'm starting to get really tired of the incredibly smug "it's only been out two months,if you have a problem with that,get a life" attitude.

33 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

Ive heard this "every multiplayer game has problems look at [insert huge company here]."

Thats a bit of a false equivalency. First of all, F13 is a small game in comparison to CoD, WoW, GTA, or Assassin's Creed. Most of those games have dozens of maps or areas that are filled with interactive events, dialogue branches, NPCs,  millions of customizable perks and options, and  destructable enviroments not to mention a dozen to hundreds of people in the same virtual location.

F13 is a small multiplayer game that has near non-interactive enviroments, no NPCs, nearly no dialogue, a dozen items, and a rarity variability on two dozen perks.  This is, from a coding standpoint, a much easier game to build and design then other multiplayer titles. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThePainkiller said:

What really has me concerned is the prospect of single player. If the rumors are to be true that the single player experience will resemble a hitman style video game I have no doubt illphonic will have trouble with something of further complexity.

Are you for real? Every expansion to WoW sees the same login problems as the very first part and plenty of bugs and broken quests. As a matter of fact I haven't seen one MP online game that hasn't had it's fair share of issues and anyone who thinks differently has been gaming very long and obviously hasn't played other online games at launch.

As for the technical problems there are inherent issues with 3D games and physics. If you think there isn't, then again you must be new to gaming. These aren't exclusive to this company or game.

30 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Are you for real? Every expansion to WoW sees the same login problems as the very first part and plenty of bugs and broken quests. As a matter of fact I haven't seen one MP online game that hasn't had it's fair share of issues and anyone who thinks differently has been gaming very long and obviously hasn't played other online games at launch.

As for the technical problems there are inherent issues with 3D games and physics. If you think there isn't, then again you must be new to gaming. These aren't exclusive to this company or game.

Kinda proving my point with WoW. WoW is incredibly complex. Leagues of complexity above F13 and they have problems. A smaller simpler title should not have the same game breaking issues at higher frequency on a simpler title. Furthermore, not every multiplayer game has been launched with issues like F13. Are some a mess? Yes, look at Arkham Knight ot No Man's Sky. But there is not one aspect of this game that is functioning as intended. Shall I list?

Achievments not unlocking

Perks not functioning or exploitable perks like Health/infinite knives.

Traps not being set off when entering a vehicle

morphing under the bridge, morphing under the map, Jason getting glitched through the map due to a stun when reaching for a player in the car

Clipping, grass in houses, people going through walls

Vehicles glitching out on objects

Items glitching into the enviroment

No dedicated servers, game crashes every 4 matches, disconnects, no host migration

Death glitches, Extremely low rate of Pamela Tapes

Random Jason selection is glitched (I get Jason every second round of a new lobby)

Empty Quickplay lobbies, Quickplay disconnects

Not being able to join parties, parties not following into game lobbies.

This is what I could think of in 5 minutes. This game at launch is unplayable for longer than an hour. XB users are still playing launch version

• Like 3

1151199184-Caddyshk_052Pyxurz.jpg

Meanwhile at Illfonic...fixing the memory leak and issues on Xbox continues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

1151199184-Caddyshk_052Pyxurz.jpg

Meanwhile at Illfonic...fixing the memory leak and issues on Xbox continues.

"B-b-b-b-b-ut the game basically just came out! Give it some time!"

Also,add J9 not having his own original chase music to the ever growing list of problems.

But hey,it just came out.

"B-b-b-b-b-ut the game basically just came out! Give it some time!"

Also,add J9 not having his own original chase music to the ever growing list of problems.

But hey,it just came out.

2 months ago it’s been out 

So, i need help understanding something.  I'm not a programmer so I'm not looking to start a war or flame bait content.  I had a dead by daylight update waiting on me when i got home.  After it finished, i went to the update history.  That game has already had like 5 or 6 patches.  How is it that they can roll out patches consistently but F13 can't?  Serious question.  From my understanding, DBDL is a small indie game as well.  Any thoughts on how they get stuff through cert so quickly?  And, please remember....if you don't have anything to contribute to the question(s) just move along.  

48 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

How is it that they can roll out patches consistently but F13 can't? 

shrug.jpg

Not sure. They seem to have no problem passing certification.

I'll leave it at this.....

Microsoft is not the problem when it comes to certification and illfonic learned quickly that consoles are a whole different beast than PC.

They weren't ready to make a multiplayer console game (especially one for XB1),in my opinion.

Just give them a few more months :rolleyes:

• Like 2

It's been caught on twitter that the patch has not been sent so it's not MS delaying.

check twitter feed a couple of days ago someone called them out on it.

Today is the 2 month anniversary of the games release, and still nothing for Xbox. Here's to hoping we get the patch before it makes 3 months. :(

But yet since the statement on July 4th when pc and PS4 got patched.There was listed the problems with the xb1 version.But since then the Xbox community feel like we don't matter.If the game and issues on Xbox version was harder to sort some kind of update would have gone a long way instead of been told it's on it's way daily then weekly.

I hope the people I added on my friends list come back and start playing again.Since only a couple play regular.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, thatdudescott said:

Not a single indie dev has ever lived up to expectations and nor will they. Pillow talk son, once they have the money you have no power. That's not to say they won't make what they say they will but hang your hat up if you think it's going to be cupcakes.