Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It's going on a month here soon since they said anything about the patch.

Wait, isn't it now?

I think it’s been a month since they said soon I wish they would just come out and say it that they have no clue when the patch will happen that would be better than the Early 2017 & Soon this is why I compare them to No Mans Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing something else until they pull their finger out and sort it.Twitter feed is full of people asking bout the Xbox patch and by the sounds of it we won't see it until single player is released.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rik OShea UK said:

 we won't see it until single player is released.

 

Well hopefully single player doesn't require a patch...

R.I.P. XB1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rik OShea UK said:

I'm playing something else until they pull their finger out and sort it.Twitter feed is full of people asking bout the Xbox patch and by the sounds of it we won't see it until single player is released.

 

Well I guess that means never

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like one of the more blessed Xbox players because I don't encounter that many issues, and I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to everything. 

Or maybe I just play the game in short bursts so I don't experience crashes,connection losses and whatever else is happening

 

I really do have to feel bad for the devs because all this is making them look bad and a lot of you guys are attacking them for something that's out of their control. They have nothing to gain by having problems with the game and having to delay fixes for them. It's just a video game after all, no need to get so worked up. I'm more concerned about Sasha Velour keeping me awake at night with her lip sync performance

But yeah a fix would be swell, whenever they can get it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played Dead by Daylight instead. People on XBOX either need to get a refund or play another game. This game was a waste of $40. More like $20. However complaining constantly and wasting your time doing it does nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Horrorfan1989 said:

People on XBOX either need to get a refund or play another game. This game was a waste of $40. More like $20. However complaining constantly and wasting your time doing it does nothing.

I play on Xbox and the game is certainly worth $40. I've easily got my money's worth several times over. I am not pleased with the state of the game and am looking forward to patch fixes. I'm frustrated by the issues, but I am confident that the game can only get better. I understand some people have moved on and I wish them the very best, but I also think there are a large amount of people who are on temporary hiatus in lieu of a patch. More power to them on their break, and I look forward to when them come back.

I agree the incessant complaining does very little. It'll be ready when it's ready.

19 minutes ago, CTeden said:

I really do have to feel bad for the devs because all this is making them look bad and a lot of you guys are attacking them for something that's out of their control.

@RandygbkI also agree with this sentiment. The problems make the Devs look bad. I feel bad that their labor of love has resulted in so much backlash. The Dev hate is by extension an illustration of player frustration...however misplaced the lion's share of it is.

Communication is well within their control. They have been failing at this as of late. Straight-forward, honest, and humble communication would go a long ways in tempering some of the anger. Give us a play by play, it seems to be what people are crying out for.

I.e. "We wrapped of testing today and submitted to MS."

      "Patch isn't ready yet, but today Illfonic was working on patching xx bug and fixing xx issue regarding..."

      "We expect certification of the patch to take 3-7 days assuming no kick-back from MS."

      "The team is working on new maps and we hope to get something fresh to you within the next 60 days."

      "We'll be taking questions live on xx day through xx social media site."

For future reference I would recommend no more use of "Soon" or "We are working on it." Town Hall's for the game will help save it from fading into gamer-hate obscurity. The Dev's have the fire extinguisher and have a means to tamp down the flames. Bad word of mouth is killing it no matter how great it is under the topical blemishes. GUN and Illfonic...talk to us.

WeWanToHear-1.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CTeden said:

I feel like one of the more blessed Xbox players because I don't encounter that many issues, and I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to everything. 

Or maybe I just play the game in short bursts so I don't experience crashes,connection losses and whatever else is happening

 

I really do have to feel bad for the devs because all this is making them look bad and a lot of you guys are attacking them for something that's out of their control. They have nothing to gain by having problems with the game and having to delay fixes for them. It's just a video game after all, no need to get so worked up. I'm more concerned about Sasha Velour keeping me awake at night with her lip sync performance

But yeah a fix would be swell, whenever they can get it out

Do you feel bad for cooks that ignore allergies and poison someone? Or Samsung when battery explosions were occuring due to insufficient research? No. These are drastic comparisons and I am not trying to be harsh here, but when you sell a product as complete, not preview or beta versions, a certain standard is expected. I have a degree in IT and enjoy learning programming. I can understand a small group of engineers struggling and delays happening. It's extremely challenging. Yet, selling a game without disclaimers of errors in the game is bad for business. It makes customers question their ethics. Most of us are patient and dedicated enough to stick with this game that we love and waited so long for, but you can't blame other people for their frustrations. Think if you had wife, kids, 60 hours a week of work and you want to relax for 5 hours a week to play a game and it crashes on you several times. Wouldn't you play something else or feel ripped off? We all know Gun and Illfonic are putting in a ton of effort to make everything right and create the game of their dreams, not just ours. It will take time, patience, and understanding for all devs and players. You attacking frustrated people does not help anything.

@Alkavian you make the best point here. Most of everyone's frustration comes from the lack of communication. There have been too many excuses of "oh preparing for this place or that." It takes 10 minutes on a phone while pooping to say "hey Xbox, we tried this today, didn't work. We have a couple other bugs we are focusing on tomorrow, hopefully some better news." 

Also, no need to push single player mode if status quo is still suffering. I may speak for myself here, but I am not confident in a rushed single player mode that was developed by half the dev team being over worked, while the other half gets burnt out and over worked trying to patch bugs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No the game on XBOX is not worth $40 when most people can barely play the game. Other then that I agree on the rest of the points you made. Communication is key. A more experienced game company would know this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an article defending the devs for the xbox patch being nearly a month late.

http://1428elm.com/2017/07/20/friday-13th-game-top-5-heroes-want-call/

I immediately lost respect for the site.

"Some people just can’t be patient."

"Secondly, the situating is likely due to the platform, not the game makers. I mean, is it a coincidence Xbox is the only one of the three (PS4, Steam) to continually have problems. Is it a coincidence Microsoft is the only one that delayed the NES Jason for gamers? And these are just a few examples. I’d be willing to bet they share some fault with the patch delay as well."

And I thought the dev defending was ignorant here.

Pretty sure MS is rejecting the patches (if it's even been sent) because they want them to fix this shit. It's insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Pretty sure MS is rejecting the patches (if it's even been sent) because they want them to fix this shit. It's insane.

That's what I believe too. Why is it that this game is having the most trouble of any game passing certification?  Someone on reddit posted about how they can't wait to hear some of the "inside" stories from illfonic regarding this game,and how much Gun was in over their heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Here's an article defending the devs for the xbox patch being nearly a month late.

http://1428elm.com/2017/07/20/friday-13th-game-top-5-heroes-want-call/

I immediately lost respect for the site.

"Some people just can’t be patient."

"Secondly, the situating is likely due to the platform, not the game makers. I mean, is it a coincidence Xbox is the only one of the three (PS4, Steam) to continually have problems. Is it a coincidence Microsoft is the only one that delayed the NES Jason for gamers? And these are just a few examples. I’d be willing to bet they share some fault with the patch delay as well."

And I thought the dev defending was ignorant here.

That's just ignorance. I don't see how anyone can blame Microsoft. Microsoft didn't make the game they are just the medium of play. They will however reject updates if they don't meet specifications, compromise platform, or cause more issues than they fix. The delay is all on developers for failing to follow and meet the guidelines set forth by Microsoft. 

If Sony did the same it would actually be somewhat nice. My game crashes more now since I started getting updates than it did at launch. I just don't understand because cleaning up memory is programming 101. It happens but this is just ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

That's what I believe too. Why is it that this game is having the most trouble of any game passing certification?  Someone on reddit posted about how they can't wait to hear some of the "inside" stories from illfonic regarding this game,and how much Gun was in over their heads.

And what's that I saw about them working on a new game as well? Maybe we should inform the OP of this thread:

Pretty sure it's not what they had in mind, nor so soon when the game is still broken.

4 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

That's just ignorance. I don't see how anyone can blame Microsoft. Microsoft didn't make the game they are just the medium of play. They will however reject updates if they don't meet specifications, compromise platform, or cause more issues than they fix. The delay is all on developers for failing to follow and meet the guidelines set forth by Microsoft. 

If Sony did the same it would actually be somewhat nice. My game crashes more now since I started getting updates than it did at launch. I just don't understand because cleaning up memory is programming 101. It happens but this is just ridiculous. 

Agreed. I'd rather MS and Sony to put their foot down and tell them to get their shit together instead of submitting broken patch after broken patch.

There's a reason MS is taking refunds for the game even if you have well over 24 hours of playtime. I also heard Microsoft is assisting with work on the patch, not sure if that's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...I'm sure big evil Microsoft loves picking on poor little Gun Media. And I'm sure they just love giving out refunds for this game as well. *rolls eyes*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not get rid of your xbox veriosn (ie - refund) and buy it for STEAM?

 

Just asking - clearly its a dead game on this console and unlikely to be fixed soon and on STEAM you get dedicated servers and host migration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Why not get rid of your xbox veriosn (ie - refund) and buy it for STEAM?

This would satisfy me, and probably others who are capable of playing the game on another platform. But I think we all know what the chances are of that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7theye said:

Why not get rid of your xbox veriosn (ie - refund) and buy it for STEAM?

 

Just asking - clearly its a dead game on this console and unlikely to be fixed soon and on STEAM you get dedicated servers and host migration

I wouldn't even do that. The treatment to console users is unacceptable. I don't intend on getting a refund, but if I did I wouldn't use that money to run and buy it on a new platform.

Plus I don't own a PC capable of running the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I wouldn't even do that. The treatment to console users is unacceptable. I don't intend on getting a refund, but if I did I wouldn't use that money to run and but it on a new platform.

Plus I don't own a PC capable of running the game.

I understand its not cool what they are doing to console players (esp xbox) but if you do have the hardware to run it on PC then why not just return this version and grab the PC version?\

You are laughing then - host migration etc already in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 7theye said:

I understand its not cool what they are doing to console players (esp xbox) but if you do have the hardware to run it on PC then why not just return this version and grab the PC version?\

You are laughing then - host migration etc already in.

I'd prefer not to give them the money back after a refund. 

It's more of a spite thing. Playing it on PC would be the smartest option, but I can't get a refund then give the money right back to the devs with a clear conscience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alkavian said:
Quote

@RandygbkI also agree with this sentiment. The problems make the Devs look bad. I feel bad that their labor of love has resulted in so much backlash. The Dev hate is by extension an illustration of player frustration...however misplaced the lion's share of it is.

 

....There is no extension of illustration... players are frustrated because its a bunk ass game. The problems don't make the Devs look bad... the Devs make themselves look bad. The hate is no misplaced what-so-ever.

How can you even say the hate is misplaced? The game is broken as shit on xbox. Where should xbox players place their hate? on Microsoft? On the coding language? On the Xbox store? On the players who keep having crappy game problems? Pretty sure the only place it can go is on to the people who made the game...right?

If you honestly believe what you are saying about misplaced frustration, then there are a lot of people with bridges to sell you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've got it on steam but since I got Savini on Xbox it doesn't do me much good.   I wouldn't mind if part VII wasn't the worst Jason in the game but he is and I don't have any interest in playing any of the others so yeah not an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Do you feel bad for cooks that ignore allergies and poison someone? Or Samsung when battery explosions were occuring due to insufficient research? No. These are drastic comparisons and I am not trying to be harsh here, but when you sell a product as complete, not preview or beta versions, a certain standard is expected. I have a degree in IT and enjoy learning programming. I can understand a small group of engineers struggling and delays happening. It's extremely challenging. Yet, selling a game without disclaimers of errors in the game is bad for business. It makes customers question their ethics. Most of us are patient and dedicated enough to stick with this game that we love and waited so long for, but you can't blame other people for their frustrations. Think if you had wife, kids, 60 hours a week of work and you want to relax for 5 hours a week to play a game and it crashes on you several times. Wouldn't you play something else or feel ripped off? We all know Gun and Illfonic are putting in a ton of effort to make everything right and create the game of their dreams, not just ours. It will take time, patience, and understanding for all devs and players. You attacking frustrated people does not help anything.

@Alkavian you make the best point here. Most of everyone's frustration comes from the lack of communication. There have been too many excuses of "oh preparing for this place or that." It takes 10 minutes on a phone while pooping to say "hey Xbox, we tried this today, didn't work. We have a couple other bugs we are focusing on tomorrow, hopefully some better news." 

Also, no need to push single player mode if status quo is still suffering. I may speak for myself here, but I am not confident in a rushed single player mode that was developed by half the dev team being over worked, while the other half gets burnt out and over worked trying to patch bugs.

Not gonna lie I have to disagree to an extent. When the game was released they were constantly communicating, trying to keep us all updated on what was going on. But they were just getting attacked the whole time. It's like they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. It won't make a difference because they'll still get attacked no matter how they try to deal with us. 

And as for the single player, I think it's the same situation. If they get that out, people are gonna complain that they haven't been focussed on fixing multiplayer. If they delay it, people are gonna complain that it's been delayed. 

Thats a major problem with fandoms these days, they expect the devs to just magic up a perfect game with no problems.

Look at Rockstar's multiplayer problems. Red Dead Redemption's mp is still a disaster and it was released years ago. GTA Online was a mess when it first came out. And that's a huge game developer. Gun Media had to rely on crowdfunding, they don't have the capabilities of major companies, of course they're gonna have problems with such an ambitious game.

and tbh with the way this fandom has been acting, it's no wonder gun media doesn't want to talk to us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super Ty said:

Yeah...I'm sure big evil Microsoft loves picking on poor little Gun Media. And I'm sure they just love giving out refunds for this game as well. *rolls eyes*

I think the problem is where does the line between "Microsoft takes forever to approve a patch/update" and "Have the actually resolve the problem with the submitted patches" end?

I know from other games that MS can take forever to approve a patch but at the same time have they already reviewed the patches, found them to be lacking and sent back for rework? I think MS probably wants the game to work just as well as it can because they get a cut of the sales so why would they hold off on green lighting a working update just because they're butts?

No at this point I think the issue is the submitted patches haven't passed their certification for whatever reason.

 

As to refunds; I'd bet the chances of getting a refund on a game you've owned and played for any length of time are slim/none. The only time I got a refund was when my kid bought a game accidentally and hadn't played it. They told me it was a one time thing and the only reason they could is because it had not been played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

As to refunds; I'd bet the chances of getting a refund on a game you've owned and played for any length of time are slim/none. The only time I got a refund was when my kid bought a game accidentally and hadn't played it. They told me it was a one time thing and the only reason they could is because it had not been played.

Had a friend recently with 3 days worth of gametime but still got a refund. With the game in a virtually unplayable state, I would expect nothing less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...