Ok so an idea i came up with when you accidentally kill a team mate or do it on purpose (People that do Team Killing) on top of loosing 1000 XP is when the cops are called in game you can not get out by the police, if anything they shoot and kill you if you get too close / arrest you or just allow no access!!  I think this would really slow down the on purpose team killing but still allows both players ways to escape only making it a LOT harder! 

Think about it like a movie - the innocent survivors are running to the police yelling "the guy behind us killied 2 of our friend" as they jump in one cop car and the car brings them to safety! While the betrayer that is also running for help from Jason tries to ask the police for help but instead the cops say "FREEZE"... (Betrayer) - "no no jason is coming help!" ... (Cop) "yeah yeah buddy get down on the ground NOW!!!"

NEXT in case you missed my funny "kill the cheaters" photo on Twitter? here it is lol

cheaters.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Don't think they care about escaping it's not like they get any points. 

Don't know. That 1 exp can be a game changer.

1 hour ago, Emperiex said:

That sounds way too complicated to implement in the game. -1000 XP suffices just fine.

Too complicated? How do you figure?

Not a game designer but sounds not too hard at all to just put a block on a player from escaping from police that kills another player...

sounds like a really fun simple feature 

34 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Don't think they care about escaping it's not like they get any points. 

Agreed, most of the team killers don't care if they win or get any points. Their main objective is to grief other players for their own enjoyment. Having them get killed by the cops or prevented in escaping I doubt would change that.

28 minutes ago, e.txcountryboy said:

Agreed, most of the team killers don't care if they win or get any points. Their main objective is to grief other players for their own enjoyment. Having them get killed by the cops or prevented in escaping I doubt would change that.

Still think it would your not looking at the big picture...after 2 times they will be like ok ok this sucks going through this!

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Still think it would your not looking at the big picture...after 2 times they will be like ok ok this sucks going through this!

How so? Lets put ourselves in the heads of the team killers "Oh this is gonna be fun, hearing people bitch and complain about me killing them. Oh a few are dead, I bet they are crying like lil bitches to each-other while they watch me go after another person. Okay all the people I can kill are dead, not getting any points, cant escape via the cops, time for me to quit the match lulz". That's cause by the time the possible escape happens they will have gotten all that they wanted from the match. By quitting after they are done means they can go right into another match in another lobby and do the same thing all over again. I think there are ways to discourage said behavior but I think taking away an escape method wont change things when escape is not their main objective (if its an objective at all).

1 minute ago, e.txcountryboy said:

How so? Lets put ourselves in the heads of the team killers "Oh this is gonna be fun, hearing people bitch and complain about me killing them. Oh a few are dead, I bet they are crying like lil bitches to each-other while they watch me go after another person. Okay all the people I can kill are dead, not getting any points, cant escape via the cops, time for me to quit the match lulz". That's cause by the time the possible escape happens they will have gotten all that they wanted from the match. By quitting after they are done means they can go right into another match in another lobby and do the same thing all over again. I think there are ways to discourage said behavior but I think taking away an escape method wont change things when escape is not their main objective (if its an objective at all).

Well it may for some and would be a fun extra for a lot that get aggravated from them police escape Campers!  But your talking total troll killers? hmmm I think my implementation is the next step without being too unfair towards the innocent accidental deaths!

12 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Well it may for some and would be a fun extra for a lot that get aggravated from them police escape Campers!  But your talking total troll killers? hmmm I think my implementation is the next step without being too unfair towards the innocent accidental deaths!

I think the only way to do it is an overhaul of the system and that all depends on the player stats and info that are kept on the servers. That if a player's team kill to matches played ratio gets too high they are flagged. Then in a lobby give the players an option to kick flagged players (and only flagged players). But for those flagged players they can still play in flagged only lobbies. That way they can team kill each-other to their hearts content. Then after a certain amount of time, say a month, their team kill to matches played ratio resets,the flag is lifted and they can play freely in normal lobbies without risking getting kicked (that is unless their ratio goes back to over the limit).

That way they do get penalized but in a way that will discourage most but allow them to continue to play they way they want but with others like them who might enjoy a big free for all. Also the ratio would be high enough that accidental team killers wouldn't ever get a high enough ratio to accidentally get flagged. I mean how many people accidentally kill 2 or more people every single match they play? probably not many.

But as I said my idea is problematic and would require probably a ton more programming and depends on if stats like matches played and kills/team kills are stored on the servers.

EDIT - I just think for the Trolls escape is not a big concern to most of them, its being able to kill people and drink their tears... so to speak.

3 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Too complicated? How do you figure?

Not a game designer but sounds not too hard at all to just put a block on a player from escaping from police that kills another player...

sounds like a really fun simple feature 

Why waste time implementing it when there's so many other worthwhile features they could provide? Why waste money putting in a system where team killing results in arrests (this isn't Grand Theft Auto) when that time & those resources could be used elsewhere improving the game?

It'd be a waste of money and too complicated creating new animations for it & fixing the system to accommodate it. Ergo, it'd be a waste.

23 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Why waste time implementing it when there's so many other worthwhile features they could provide? Why waste money putting in a system where team killing results in arrests (this isn't Grand Theft Auto) when that time & those resources could be used elsewhere improving the game?

It'd be a waste of money and too complicated creating new animations for it & fixing the system to accommodate it. Ergo, it'd be a waste.

It's a simple implement - just block the access to them! not saying make animations and spend all this money ... it's a great idea not just to stop team killing but to slow down people escaping via police as well! 

Idk guys I honestly think it's a great idea and makes sense, even for the players who accidentally kills a player ... 

No, it's not. Because if you have trolls that want to team kill it's not going to stop them from team killing, just like -1000 XP hasn't stopped them. So why waste time on it when they're going to keep following the same course of action? They don't care about any of that because they're not there to play the game as it's supposed to be played.

And on that note, it'd be unfair to anyone who accidentally kills a player, because now they can't escape (even though that's the objective of the game) all due to an accidental death they caused.

In this regard, the game is good as is.

15 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

No, it's not. Because if you have trolls that want to team kill it's not going to stop them from team killing, just like -1000 XP hasn't stopped them. So why waste time on it when they're going to keep following the same course of action? They don't care about any of that because they're not there to play the game as it's supposed to be played.

And on that note, it'd be unfair to anyone who accidentally kills a player, because now they can't escape (even though that's the objective of the game) all due to an accidental death they caused.

In this regard, the game is good as is.

I agree good as is just a fun idea but if they were to change and fix the issue I would say this is step one 

Its a good idea, but i feel that team killers dont really care about escaping or playing the game. They just want to troll people and make them angry

1 hour ago, Super-Luke88 said:

Its a good idea, but i feel that team killers dont really care about escaping or playing the game. They just want to troll people and make them angry

That's why TK should be either banned, or have the option to have it turned off - as you say, the people using it don't care about playing the game or escaping, only trolling. 

If a game feature 99% of the time only benefits trolls, it's not a good game feature.

5 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

That's why TK should be either banned, or have the option to have it turned off - as you say, the people using it don't care about playing the game or escaping, only trolling. 

If a game feature 99% of the time only benefits trolls, it's not a good game feature.

I'm not disagreeing with you...Fuck team killers!  I'm just pointing out a possible flaw with the suggestion of preventing team killers the ability to escape via police.

Although, i do like the frendly fire being unable to be turned off because its more realistic, for example: players walking into self placed bear traps while scared and running from Jason and accidental kills (i can always laugh if someone accidently kills me) like backing into me in the car as im running to get in and Jason appears so the driver panics and reverses haha, or trying to help someone who has been grabbed so you hit Jason and end up hitting your friend and killing them. oooops

4 hours ago, Super-Luke88 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you...Fuck team killers!  I'm just pointing out a possible flaw with the suggestion of preventing team killers the ability to escape via police.

Although, i do like the frendly fire being unable to be turned off because its more realistic, for example: players walking into self placed bear traps while scared and running from Jason and accidental kills (i can always laugh if someone accidently kills me) like backing into me in the car as im running to get in and Jason appears so the driver panics and reverses haha, or trying to help someone who has been grabbed so you hit Jason and end up hitting your friend and killing them. oooops

Ok well what about having my idea besides the fact of not ending team killing? Like have it anyways it would give less chances of all players slipping to the police!

I have nothing against this police idea, but I think the much simpler and fairer solution is to make FF/TK a choosable option for each player.  That is, if you have FF turned off, you can neither give or receive damage from another counselor, and those who want the "realism" (an argument I still don't understand) of FF can deal with the 12 year olds randomly hacking them with a machete because they want to troll you.

Personally, I would only apply this to counselor-to-counselor weapon attacks.  If a counselor sets a bear trap somewhere, and you aren't paying attention and step into it, that's an avoidable mistake that's the responsibility of the person who stepped in the trap.  With the car it's kind of tricky, because you can't let a counselor stop the car like Jason does when in front of it, and you don't want the car to pass through them like a ghost either.  Maybe for people with FF turned off, have a car hit be registered as a non-fatal injury, similar to falling out of the second story windows?

I still think some of the funniest moments have been accidental FF and therefore warrants it to stay.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Culp said:

I still think some of the funniest moments have been accidental FF and therefore warrants it to stay.

I never said to take away FF friendly fire I just said make it more punishable!  Like if you do it even on accident make it feel like "crap now I'm in slow motion the rest of the match orrr like I said above"