Darth Kane

Blocking Jason's cabin's entrance with car

I just played a game with a player that ran down everyone he could until all counselors were dead with the car and then drove to Jason's cabin where the sweater is and blocked himself inside the cabin by using the car. Is this a bannable exploit?

how could he block it and then enter it ?let alone kill everyone with the car. i call bs on this one. 

5 minutes ago, shwag said:

how could he block it and then enter it ?let alone kill everyone with the car. i call bs on this one. 

Haven't seen it done, but it's seems possible. You drive the car so the driver side door is facing the entrance to the hut, and then open the door and exit into the hut.

Just now, SciGuy said:

Haven't seen it done, but it's seems possible. You drive the car so the driver side door is facing the entrance to the hut, and then open the door and exit into the hut.

that seems like an assload of trouble just to win LOL. anyhow if this guy has video proof or a screen shot then send it to the devs. 

6 minutes ago, shwag said:

I recorded it so if seeing is believing I do have evidence. I just don't know where to send it. Should I just upload it to YouTube?

Just now, Darth Kane said:

I recorded it so if seeing is believing I do have evidence. I just don't know where to send it. Should I just upload it to YouTube?

yeah upload it to youtube then send the link in an email to - f13game@fearthegun.com

4 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

Upload it to YouTube and email it to that email the devs provided to report peope for bannable offenses. To be honest, I wouldn't expect them to do much since using the car to block entrances hasn't yet been established as an exploit. People have done this to block the barn before and I haven't seen the devs say anything about it. So far it's just a really shitty game mechanic.

Could you link the video on here? I'd like to see how he pulled it off.

7 minutes ago, shwag said:

that seems like an assload of trouble just to win LOL. anyhow if this guy has video proof or a screen shot then send it to the devs. 

I don't consider this a win. He's just trolling all players by doing this. He doesn't gain much of anything from it other than surviving the night. Other than that he doesn't get any experience.

Just now, Darth Kane said:

I don't consider this a win. He's just trolling all players by doing this. He doesn't gain much of anything from it other than surviving the night. Other than that he doesn't get any experience.

yeah if he killed anyone let alone a bunch of people he gets nothing at the end. he still does win/live but his prize is just trolling 

7 minutes ago, SciGuy said:

Upload it to YouTube and email it to that email the devs provided to report peope for bannable offenses. To be honest, I wouldn't expect them to do much since using the car to block entrances hasn't yet been established as an exploit. People have done this to block the barn before and I haven't seen the devs say anything about it. So far it's just a really shitty game mechanic.

Could you link the video on here? I'd like to see how he pulled it off.

I wasn't recording the whole time. I just have it recorded when Jason is trying to reach him but cannot because of what he did. I also showed how I was betrayed and how many others were betrayed as well. Unfortunately, I didn't catch everything though.

Would like to see the video. I'm not sure how I feel on the blocking of entrances. Because it's not like youre glitching into or onto someplace youre not supposed to be. It should be addressed by devs because it is an automatic win but it also takes effort to pull off.

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Would like to see the video. I'm not sure how I feel on the blocking of entrances. Because it's not like youre glitching into or onto someplace youre not supposed to be. It should be addressed by devs because it is an automatic win but it also takes effort to pull off.

However it wouldn't stop Jason getting to you therefore it's a glitch/exploit. If this happened in the movies he'd either turn it a bit by pushing, teleport through(if zombie Jason) or climb over.

13 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

However it wouldn't stop Jason getting to you therefore it's a glitch/exploit. If this happened in the movies he'd either turn it a bit by pushing, teleport through(if zombie Jason) or climb over.

I'm like 50/50 on this because it's not a glitch and difficult to pull off since you actually have to repair the car first. Its exploity, but most of the exploits are due to bad geometry like the rocks in the water. This is more of a massive oversight during development because it's so obvious that it can be done. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I'm like 50/50 on this because it's not a glitch and difficult to pull off since you actually have to repair the car first. Its exploity, but most of the exploits are due to bad geometry like the rocks in the water. This is more of a massive oversight during development because it's so obvious that it can be done. 

Totally. You were the one to call this shit before launch. 

They were warned lmao.

• Like 1

The way I would fix this is give windows a destructible area  around them so that Jason could chop down the wall. Give it say twice as many chops as a door since it would only be used in instances of this kind of behavior.

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The way I would fix this is give windows a destructible area  around them so that Jason could chop down the wall. Give it say twice as many chops as a door since it would only be used in instances of this kind of behavior.

His shack has no windows and some blockable areas also have no windows.

4 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

His shack has no windows and some blockable areas also have no windows.

Ok then just some of the walls should be destructible but take a lot more hits so that it would only really be encouraged when someone's doing the car trick.

now this has me wondering if you can park a car in front of a cabin door to block jason, cabin w/ single entrance obviously. counselors would enter thru the windows. hmmmmm?

6 minutes ago, jvmill77 said:

now this has me wondering if you can park a car in front of a cabin door to block jason, cabin w/ single entrance obviously. counselors would enter thru the windows. hmmmmm?

Yes been discussed at length and proven. 

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok then just some of the walls should be destructible but take a lot more hits so that it would only really be encouraged when someone's doing the car trick.

It's not a bad idea the windows and some walls, but there is one building in packanack that is on stilts and has no windows or walls at ground level except in one side and that side can be blocked by car. 

I say Jason gets 2  Molotov cocktails per game to burn down any 2 buildings. 

2 hours ago, Darth Kane said:

I just played a game with a player that ran down everyone he could until all counselors were dead with the car and then drove to Jason's cabin where the sweater is and blocked himself inside the cabin by using the car. Is this a bannable exploit?

If you have video evidence submit it and hope Gun deals appropriately with them.

I already made a topic on this move, but I feel for you op. I know that feel. same exact thing happened to me. If you were on pc id bet it was the same guy who did it to me! 

Here are my in-game pictures if you don't want to look at the post.Uyjx4h2.jpgbbXWKAZ.jpg

This needs to stop, Jason needs to be able to kick the car out of the way from all sides. This may improve game play for both parties as getting killed by a car that got kicked into you would be crazy, kicking the car into the water may be something, and messing up people's driving by kicking it around would be terrifying.

I've seen so many Jason's try to stop a car but end up on the side of it instead, now what would happen if he could kick it?

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Totally. You were the one to call this shit before launch. 

They were warned lmao.

That they were.

6 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

That they were.

Let's be fair....Gun have always been a team that like to get things done "Tomorrow" rather than "Yesterday" :)