The simple solution is this:  Once the car has been started once and is now stationary, Jason can get in front or behind it and shove or pull it to roll it out of the way.

• Like 3

Yea anything would be nice. Especially kicking it into the water! >:) Also to take note the username top left of the screen. This guy was also trying to run me over a good portion of the match. Very scummy, started talking crap about this game saying it was broken and a bunch of other stuff... I am very disappointed with those types of people of the community. I think we all are tired of them and their nonsense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BLOODYFISHTACO said:

10 mins of this crap. If the car is stationary I think Jason should be able to shift through it.Uyjx4h2.jpgbbXWKAZ.jpg

WOW! This is something I have yet to see. This is dirty as hell. Only thing I've encountered on console is jerks hiding gas/battery/keys, or just flat out running people over. But none compare to this crap you had to deal with. I feel for you man. Thanks for posting this, I will now look out for this crap.

Personally I would not consider this an exploit. I mean, if you could barricade yourself into a cabin with a psycho killer on the loose, a car is a good way to do it. What they should do instead is make some exterior walls destructible, like destroying a window to the point that the wall it's attached to opens up.

• Like 3

One other thing and this happened to me just now, the prompt to kill Jason does absolutely nothing still. I have had the prompt so far EIGHT times and the animation WILL NOT play. I have been robbed of eight Jason kills and maybe more. I have had an axe or machete in hand when the prompt is active. I'm feeling VERY robbed now. It has only worked once.

I don't get how this is a glitch or cheat? You're not going through walls or climbing objects that shouldn't be climbed. 

There is nothing in that which is rule breaking. 

I blame this one on the devs for overlooking strategic play, which is all this really is.

Most games actually encourage strategic play.

Never had this but I had someone take the keys and the fuse, his friend had the other set of keys and they both escaped in the 2 seater, leaving us with no escape.

I agree that this is definitely not an exploit. It's shady as hell though, but mostly just smart play, but I can understand how this can be very frustrating for the Jason

• Like 1

They should make outside walls destructible once Rage hits. While they are at it, figure out a way for Jason to get on rooftops.

This guy is a notorious cheater, he exploits in nearly every game he is in. Surprised he hasn't been banned yet... This post will probably get locked though since it may be considered name and shame.

To those not considering this an exploit, this is essentially the same as the packanack roof glitch. This is abusing game mechanics to the point where death is impossible rather than using a glitch to achieve the same goal. It cheapens and ruins everybody else's game experience for the enjoyment of the abuser and is not okay imo.

15 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

This guy is a notorious cheater, he exploits in nearly every game he is in. Surprised he hasn't been banned yet... This post will probably get locked though since it may be considered name and shame.

To those not considering this an exploit, this is essentially the same as the packanack roof glitch. This is abusing game mechanics to the point where death is impossible rather than using a glitch to achieve the same goal. It cheapens and ruins everybody else's game experience for the enjoyment of the abuser and is not okay imo.

No abusing game mechanics is when you spam the crouch button to jump through walls.

Dudes just parking a car, its not an exploit its a winning strategy.

I mean next you will say hiding behind doors is exploiting. 

Only one to blame is devs for for not thinking things through.

Truth is you might feel powerless and you might not like the tactic but it's still played within the rules.

There's no rules saying you can't park a car to barricade yourself.

I've yet to see the tactic, and yes it's "tactic" not exploit. 

I can't imagine it would be easy to do though because Jason traps cars most of the time.

Blame it on a bad Jason who doesn't trap cars.

Team killing and glitching is the problem that needs fixed not game winning strategys.

6 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

Never had this but I had someone take the keys and the fuse, his friend had the other set of keys and they both escaped in the 2 seater, leaving us with no escape.

This is indeed trash play, but all inventory items players have after they escape wash up on the beach. The keys and fuse would show back up there. 

Not sure if it would have helped anyway but I just wanted to let you know.

1 minute ago, Seeker said:

No abusing game mechanics is when you spam the crouch button to jump through walls.

Dudes just parking a car, its not an exploit its a winning strategy.

I mean next you will say hiding behind doors is exploiting. 

Only one to blame is devs for for not thinking things through.

So in a game of hide and seek you don't consider abusing an area of the map that makes you unreachable/unkillable an exploit? Your rather ridiculous jab about hiding behind doors is silly as it is not relevant nor reasonable.

Sure, this was an oversight by the developers but so were the cupboards and other areas making you invincible. Hell, you used to be able to just walk straight up a hill that was unreachable by Jason on Packanack and Crystal Lake so it is essentially the same thing as this issue minus the car. The very definition of cheating is: "To act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination." so your logic behind this is quite baffling.

2 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

So in a game of hide and seek you don't consider abusing an area of the map that makes you unreachable/unkillable an exploit? Your rather ridiculous jab about hiding behind doors is silly as it is not relevant nor reasonable.

Sure, this was an oversight by the developers but so were the cupboards and other areas making you invincible. Hell, you used to be able to just walk straight up a hill that was unreachable by Jason on Packanack and Crystal Lake so it is essentially the same thing as this issue minus the car. The very definition of cheating is: "To act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination." so your logic behind this is quite baffling.

Ok walking up a hill that's unreachable sounds like crappy mechanics and that sounds more like a glitch which I would consider exploiting.

However parking a car is not a glitch therefore it's not an exploit.

There is nothing dishonest about parking a car.

Unfairly... it might be considered unfair but that's only because sometimes the car spawns beside the barn.

In which case I simply suggest changing the car spawn.

As much as you might hate the tactic it's still done within the rules of the game.

If you don't understand how this hurts the match/the other players, that's pretty sad and self centered.

There is such a thing as "playing within the spirit of the game".  Mature adults are expected to actually be mature.  Finding a way to "cheese" the system is not only mean spirited, its also childish.

You are making a MULTIPLAYER game about "you" and harming the other players by at the least making the game last a full 20 minutes, wasting everyone else time. And for what? 200 extra meaningless xp points?

If you in any way think this or any play style akin to this is fair, you need to sit back and reevaluate yourself.  Maybe come to the conclusion that when playing with other people, its not all about you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Ok walking up a hill that's unreachable sounds like crappy mechanics and that sounds more like a glitch which I would consider exploiting.

However parking a car is not a glitch therefore it's not an exploit.

There is nothing dishonest about parking a car.

Unfairly... it might be considered unfair but that's only because sometimes the car spawns beside the barn.

In which case I simply suggest changing the car spawn.

As much as you might hate the tactic it's still done within the rules of the game.

It most certainly is not done within the rules of the game, and your argument is fundamentally wrong considering the definition of an exploit is "The use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers." It's fine to have an opinion but when your opinion directly contradicts the meaning of a word it kind of waters it down don't you think? You can call a hamburger a hotdog all day but it doesn't change the fact that it is actually a hamburger. 

Parking a car in front of a one entrance house or barn to become invincible is, in fact, dishonest and unfair. This was not intended by the developers therefore it is an exploit.

Changing the car spawn is pointless and unnecessary as this can be done at any barn, one entrance house or Jason's shack.

I don't want to quote definitions back and forth all day so i'll end this here. I respect your opinion but I hope you give this some thought.

Lets look at this ultimate Jason's nightmare scenario... The car is repaired like normal, can be yellow or blue. It is parked in front of the closest building with one entrance and multiple windows. the person who parked the car tells everyone to get in this building through the windows and that Jason can't get to them, or he is in a large party with everything already planned. The driver could potently save the ENTIRE match this way if everyone waits in that building.

The worst part is that this is very easy to do and only takes seconds to park it if you know your buildings.

1 hour ago, rickyount02 said:

This is indeed trash play, but all inventory items players have after they escape wash up on the beach. The keys and fuse would show back up there. 

Not sure if it would have helped anyway but I just wanted to let you know.

I actually always thought that was random loot lol thanks for the tip 

13 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

It most certainly is not done within the rules of the game, and your argument is fundamentally wrong considering the definition of an exploit is "The use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers." It's fine to have an opinion but when your opinion directly contradicts the meaning of a word it kind of waters it down don't you think? You can call a hamburger a hotdog all day but it doesn't change the fact that it is actually a hamburger. 

Parking a car in front of a one entrance house or barn to become invincible is, in fact, dishonest and unfair. This was not intended by the developers therefore it is an exploit.

Changing the car spawn is pointless and unnecessary as this can be done at any barn, one entrance house or Jason's shack.

I don't want to quote definitions back and forth all day so i'll end this here. I respect your opinion but I hope you give this some thought.

The game designers might not have intended it but that doesn't make it an exploit. I disagree with that definition.

Exploits are taking advantage of bugs and glitches.

Parking a car at the right spot is just a strategy.

Are you saying strategy is forbidden? 

The only solution is too give Jason the ability to pull the car away.

Banning people for strategies seems unfair.

You have the screenshot. I say submit the evidence in a report and see where Gun stands on it. Could be a stretch but it looks like it falls under number five of their bannable offenses... at least, I hope it does:

"5. Deliberate Abuse of Exploits - Exploit usage that results in the deliberate griefing of others to gain an advantage and overall reduce enjoyment for other players will result in a ban."

@Psychosocial23 While parking the car in front of a cabin or barn could be considered exploitative, it does not actually exploit the game's mechanics such as spam-crouching to get through a wall or getting onto a roof. It's simply driving and parking. I don't think this behavior should be banned. Instead they should just create a work-around that allows Jason to get into cabins and the barn other than the door.

Anytime you do something where you make it physically impossible for the Jason to catch you, and you're no longer even trying to escape - it's an exploit and should be fixed. Much like the roof glitch, once you get there, everybody spectating (including the still-playing Jason) can do nothing but watch you run out the clock.  That isn't strategy, it's hiding in an unreachable area, and is lame as hell.

If I was still alive and saw somebody do that, I'd climb in the barn window, start the car, and take off.  Even if Jason stopped the car right after I backed out and I didn't make it to an escape, I'd still take great pleasure in watching Jason hunt down the cheater.

• Like 1

just make it so jason can also drive the car, so he can escape the griefing counselors.