ZooMalfunction

Should Savini be included in random rotation for those without him?

Savini in random rotation?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Savini in random rotation?

• Yes
    • No

Nope. I do not have him and don't need him. That is for the backers who helped give us this great game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I think it'd solve a lot of issues.

People without him get a chance to play him.

Backers don't feel lied to, as non-backers don't own him, and would only very rarely get to use him (only 1 in every 7 Jason matches).

More people would use the random option, making games more varied.

Savini would be played more in general, giving more people a chance to enjoy playing against him too.

how did this poll turn out for you ? did it meet your expectations ? 

Nope, I have a video of myself and a couple counselors killing Savini Jason in a legit match.  He's not a Pay to Win Jason.  He's about the same as fighting Part 8 Jason, other than 3 different kill animations and a different look.  I don't have him, but I don't bellyache because of it.  I'm sure there will be other Jason's in the future.

Doesn't matter what anyone wants when it comes to Savini Jason. Gun isn't gonna budge. It's exclusive to backers. End of story. Randy even stated this AGAIN on Friday's F13 Stream.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

Play with @Willie  he is a good Savini Jason, every time I played with him, the most I have ever seen escape was 2.

There was a match that I only killed 2, had my mask knocked off and stunned maybe 10 times. I'm definitely no pro.

The problem isn't the Savini Jason's exclusivity... it's the exclusivity combined with the power level. I have no problem with people having access to a Jason that I don't have. That's fine. I just wish that Jason wasn't so demonstrably better than all the others. It feels uncomfortably close to pay-to-win. 

Hell, why not go the whole 9 yards and include the backer DLC clothing if you pick a random councilor? Not like we paid real cash to use the items or anything....

5 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The problem isn't the Savini Jason's exclusivity... it's the exclusivity combined with the power level. I have no problem with people having access to a Jason that I don't have. That's fine. I just wish that Jason wasn't so demonstrably better than all the others. It feels uncomfortably close to pay-to-win. 

He isn't "demonstrably better than all the others". Not even close.

I'm far more dangerous with J6, J8 and J9. Even J2 is a better option.

The issue you're noticing is that those hardcore enough to have Savini are also pretty damn good at the game / playing as Jason.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

He isn't "demonstrably better than all the others". Not even close.

I'm far more dangerous with J6, J8 and J9. Even J2 is a better option.

The issue you're noticing is that those hardcore enough to have Savini are also pretty damn good at the game / playing as Jason.

A thorough, data-based analysis disagrees with you...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960265710

25 minutes ago, Willie said:

There was a match that I only killed 2, had my mask knocked off and stunned maybe 10 times. I'm definitely no pro.

Yea, thats one of your bad matches, everyone has them, but you are a Solid Savini.

3 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

"Now, let's put it all together. Here are my thoughts on each Jason, from best to worst, based on this data."

at the end of the day this is only one guys opinion not actual facts. tier lists are highly subjective and people who use them are pretty weak minded when it comes to having to make their own minds up and what to play in a game. sorry but people are good with stuff that others are not and vice versa. < that is a opinion as well by the way. do with that as you will.  

3 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Fuck your analysis.

Every Jason has strengths and weaknesses depending on the player using them and their personal play style and what they prioritize. I have at least 3 "go-to" Jasons before I go for Savini.

I tend to only use Savini in servers where I'm the only one who has him...You know, to look down on all the plebs (that's you ;) )

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Fuck your analysis.

Every Jason has strengths and weaknesses depending on the player using them and their personal play style and what they prioritize. I have at least 3 "go-to" Jasons before I go for Savini.

I tend to only use Savini in servers where I'm the only one who has him...You know, to look down on all the plebs (that's you ;) )

he lists part 6 as the 2nd best LOL highly subjective. i feel part 9 is really high up there as well with part 2 and 3. but hey to each their own i guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Doesn't matter what anyone wants when it comes to Savini Jason. Gun isn't gonna budge. It's exclusive to backers. End of story. Randy even stated this AGAIN on Friday's F13 Stream.

Is there a place to rewatch the streams that Randy has done? I've searched YouTube as well as Twitch. Sorry if that's a noob question. 

On topic. I don't care. Whatever everybody else wants is fine with me. 

Sigh, this topic shall be locked promptly. Soon as Savini is mentioned, shit tends to escalate....

2 hours ago, shwag said:

how did this poll turn out for you ? did it meet your expectations ? 

The point of a poll is to canvas opinion, not to confirm your biases. So as it canvased a decent amount of votes, yes, it met my only expectation.

As I said, I don't really care about Savini's skin, or about claims of imbalance (only played against him 4-5 times in literally hundreds of matches) but I know a lot of people do, so I thought i'd ask if this was a solution that would satisfy both camps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

This again? 

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Erm, don't you mean an opinion-based analysis that's full of holes? General consensus is that 2 is arguably the best Jason, and 6 is pretty flawed, yet he has this backwards. He also advocates glitching - using knives to cancel recovery animations.

He seriously undervalues Morph, when it's arguably the best skill due to objective control, and makes stupid claims like "weapon reach" is important, but 3's increased damage is pointless due to the *possibility* people may have Epic Thick Skin. Then why does reach matter if damage doesn't?

He also claims 9's stun resistance doesn't exist, which is false too. I main 9, and he recovers way faster than any other Jason from stun, and i've played them all.

It's a terrible analysis from what sounds like a mediocre player.

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't mind, and I say that as a backer that has the skin, personally I detest the idea of exclusive content at all, outside of timed exclusives that eventually become widely available, I don't like the idea of withholding content from your playerbase, and think it's a practice that should be frowned on instead of celebrated. Would also stop me from getting messages from players every time I have Savini Jason selected asking me how to get the skin, or telling me off for "paying to win".

• Like 2

Savini isn't oay to win and he isn't stronger than the rest of the Jason's. Sick of this constantly being mentioned...