Sign in to follow this  

Why not just fix the game?

I hate the glitching and exploits, it has ruined the game, but why not spend the time and resources on fixing the game? How hard would it be to allow hosts to turn off friendly fire or allow players to select lobbies with friendly fire off?

I'm happy something is being done about this (particularly on PS4) but wouldn't a patch with fixes solve most of these issues?

Are the consoles getting a patch anytime soon?

• Like 4

Even if they patch it a new glitch will be discovered in a week, and it all starts over again.

I do agree with you, they need to patch it. But they also need to ban the kids/ immature adults that do this crap.

1 minute ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Even if they patch it a new glitch will be discovered in a week, and it all starts over again.

I do agree with you, they need to patch it. But they also need to ban the kids/ immature adults that do this crap.

I agree but I also think that if they ban people just for glitching it's stupid. There should be a warning, if you get caught you get a 5 day ban offline not a ban and your out. Plus I see people say glitching isn't fun, I remember this one time in GTA 4 if you back the car just right you can launch it from a swing set. Things like that make game fun, however like the roof glitch where they just sit up there or hiding in a room is stupid. It does take the fun out of the game, but a full on ban wave isn't the right way, if you break the rules you get a short ban, it's like if you break the law you go to jail for so long then your back out. Now granted I do feel they need to be punished and a short time ban should do it. 

17 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Why not just fix the game?

I hate the glitching and exploits, it has ruined the game, but why not spend the time and resources on fixing the game? How hard would it be to allow hosts to turn off friendly fire or allow players to select lobbies with friendly fire off?

I'm happy something is being done about this (particularly on PS4) but wouldn't a patch with fixes solve most of these issues?

Are the consoles getting a patch anytime soon?

Too many social justice warriors want blood and gun media is all about being hip and trendy which they are more then happy to obliged them. if the game was not broken from day one we would not have much to talk about on this forum other then whens the new content coming out, which people will start complaining more about.

• Like 1

I do not like the direction the devs have been going with solutions. IMO they have not been fixing the causes of the gameplay problems, but merely the effects of the cause. In which case the problems are likely to keep happening  in one way or another. I think it was naive to think they wouldn't occur in the first place.

I say this often but the best solutions are the ones that are designed into the game / gameplay. Instead of making efforts to punish bad behaviour (that the game itself allows), make changes so that the behaviour is no longer possible or offers no benefit. Why would that not be a better method to invest time into? Turning off friendly fire (and even eliminating the need for it somehow), and changing win conditions so that you cannot survive by hiding (in a glitched area or otherwise) are examples of this. Instead of the current methods which amount to little more than stalling for time. 

I think at some point the devs will have to accept that the current temporary solutions / scare tactics aren't going to be enough. It requires constant effort on both their behalf and our's to ensure the game is played the way it's meant to. Which isn't ideal or realistic. Anyone preaching freedom of playstyle can throw that out the window, because we are well past that. This is a game that depends on co-operative play to be enjoyable, it just pretends not to be. 

I've got much more to say about this topic but perhaps in another post. 

10 hours ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

I'm not against the bans but I would have prefered a patch. They're exploiting a broken game so I think the blame needs to rest equally with the publishers/developers.

9 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I agree but I also think that if they ban people just for glitching it's stupid. There should be a warning, if you get caught you get a 5 day ban offline not a ban and your out. Plus I see people say glitching isn't fun, I remember this one time in GTA 4 if you back the car just right you can launch it from a swing set. Things like that make game fun, however like the roof glitch where they just sit up there or hiding in a room is stupid. It does take the fun out of the game, but a full on ban wave isn't the right way, if you break the rules you get a short ban, it's like if you break the law you go to jail for so long then your back out. Now granted I do feel they need to be punished and a short time ban should do it. 

The current system is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I admit anything being done is better than nothing, still- giving a warning-and-then-a-ban over outright bans would have made more sense. Like I mentioned above, they're exploiting a broken game and the makers of the game have to accept their share of the blame.

9 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

Too many social justice warriors want blood and gun media is all about being hip and trendy which they are more then happy to obliged them. if the game was not broken from day one we would not have much to talk about on this forum other then whens the new content coming out, which people will start complaining more about.

I agree we wouldn't have much to talk about. I wish that was the case actually, that'd mean we were enjoying the game.

About that other stuff, I disagree. They had to do something- I imagine they have the ability to see how many folks are playing on each platform and I'd bet my Ghost Rider Jason that the playerbase is steadily declining. Blaming the exploiters solely would be stupid though as they put out an unfinished product with some major server issues (particularly for consoles).

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I do not like the direction the devs have been going with solutions. IMO they have not been fixing the causes of the gameplay problems, but merely the effects of the cause. In which case the problems are likely to keep happening  in one way or another. I think it was naive to think they wouldn't occur in the first place.

I say this often but the best solutions are the ones that are designed into the game / gameplay. Instead of making efforts to punish bad behaviour (that the game itself allows), make changes so that the behaviour is no longer possible or offers no benefit. Why would that not be a better method to invest time into? Turning off friendly fire (and even eliminating the need for it somehow), and changing win conditions so that you cannot survive by hiding (in a glitched area or otherwise) are examples of this. Instead of the current methods which amount to little more than stalling for time. 

I think at some point the devs will have to accept that the current temporary solutions / scare tactics aren't going to be enough. It requires constant effort on both their behalf and our's to ensure the game is played the way it's meant to. Which isn't ideal or realistic. Anyone preaching freedom of playstyle can throw that out the window, because we are well past that. This is a game that depends on co-operative play to be enjoyable, it just pretends not to be. 

I've got much more to say about this topic but perhaps in another post. 

I agree fully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

The current system is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I admit anything being done is better than nothing, still- giving a warning-and-then-a-ban over outright bans would have made more sense. Like I mentioned above, they're exploiting a broken game and the makers of the game have to accept their share of the blame.

It is indeed broken, so was GTA Online for some time and people had lots of issues and bugs and glitches going on. Yet that game was a AAA title and I never saw bans for people using glitches. I understand why since they are a small company and not a AAA game but just flat out banning is a bit far, warning should be issues and temp bans should be placed before a full on ban 

14 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It is indeed broken, so was GTA Online for some time and people had lots of issues and bugs and glitches going on. Yet that game was a AAA title and I never saw bans for people using glitches. I understand why since they are a small company and not a AAA game but just flat out banning is a bit far, warning should be issues and temp bans should be placed before a full on ban 

That's not true at all. I used a glitch that allowed me to sell cars over and over again to get an absurd amount of money. And a few weeks later I was hit with a perma ban. 

I think they are doing both.

They, initially, were hesitant to go with banning players taking advantage of glitches, because they felt the responsibility was theirs to fix the glitches, instead of punishing the people exploiting them. However, I think they decided to alter their stance a bit due to the combination of flak they were taking for that stance (many people were demanding that they take a tougher stance against these types of players) and the fact that more and more people were citing the glitch exploiting as something making this game, currently, unenjoyable... PLUS, I think (and maybe this is the only factor that's true), it takes more time to code, and fix the coding, in order to better eliminate these types of glitches.

I think the new user agreement, and reporting system, is just a step in their efforts to be better prepared for this type of behavior, in order to better protect this game and its community, now and in the future.

I have no doubt that their main focus remains on coding, patching, and fixing things to eliminate the opportunities to exploit. However, I doubt that the same people responsible for fixing the coding, are responsible for handling the bans, heh.

Damned if you do... damned if you don't... they're just trying to stay ahead of jerks, which is not easy. I think they're on the right path though. So long as they have the right systems, staff, and scrutiny to truly discern behavior that deserves the ban.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

That's not true at all. I used a glitch that allowed me to sell cars over and over again to get an absurd amount of money. And a few weeks later I was hit with a perma ban. 

I've got friends that have done that same glitch and they never got banned. They can't get everyone but it shouldn't be a 100% ban, they never went after glitchers who were in wall glitchers. 

I'd prefer them to fix the game rather than ban people for using in game exploits that the game technically allows. I don't think I've heard of another game that has banned people for using glitch spots.

• Like 2

I don't know why people are acting like it's two mutually exclusive choices - they're going to do BOTH.  They're going to patch the game, but until the patches get on, glitchers get banned, and if they find future glitches, those exploiters get banned until that one is fixed too.

I'm happy for both.

• Like 1

It's honestly getting out of hand, and I find myself reporting 2 or more players at least every other match. My thumb drive is getting so full of screenshots. The patch for the consoles can't come soon enough.

4 hours ago, Nomadder said:

I think they are doing both.

They, initially, were hesitant to go with banning players taking advantage of glitches, because they felt the responsibility was theirs to fix the glitches, instead of punishing the people exploiting them. However, I think they decided to alter their stance a bit due to the combination of flak they were taking for that stance (many people were demanding that they take a tougher stance against these types of players) and the fact that more and more people were citing the glitch exploiting as something making this game, currently, unenjoyable... PLUS, I think (and maybe this is the only factor that's true), it takes more time to code, and fix the coding, in order to better eliminate these types of glitches.

I think the new user agreement, and reporting system, is just a step in their efforts to be better prepared for this type of behavior, in order to better protect this game and its community, now and in the future.

I have no doubt that their main focus remains on coding, patching, and fixing things to eliminate the opportunities to exploit. However, I doubt that the same people responsible for fixing the coding, are responsible for handling the bans, heh.

Damned if you do... damned if you don't... they're just trying to stay ahead of jerks, which is not easy. I think they're on the right path though. So long as they have the right systems, staff, and scrutiny to truly discern behavior that deserves the ban.

No matter what they do, someone won't be happy with the results. You do what you can for the greater good, and deal with the fallout. The new TOS tells new players from jump street what is and is not acceptable in the game. Hopefully that will slow down the rate of new glitchers/cheaters in the playerbase.

• Like 1

If you're sad glitchers are getting banned, it makes me think that you're probably one of the people that have been glitching.

ALL exploiters and glitchers deserve to be banned. You clearly aren't supposed to be glitching so what makes you believe it's acceptable to do this and wreck the experience for other people. Also my personal opinion is that anyone who defends this kind of behaviour is also glitching, or has done and trying to defend it in fear of a ban.

we don't need people like this in the game so ban them and let the rest of us enjoy the fantastic game you have created.

21 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Also my personal opinion is that anyone who defends this kind of behaviour is also glitching, or has done and trying to defend it in fear of a ban.

This is partially true. I fear getting banned due to a glitch, but not one I did purposely. I have glitched in the tent and outhouse accidentally.

Also, I do not trust Gun Media. I think a few innocent people will be banned. 

Why do people put so much trust in a company that can't even manage to get the credits option to work on the main menu? It is kind of funny that people donated extra money to have their name in the credits, and the credits are broken.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, michael2533 said:

This is partially true. I fear getting banned due to a glitch, but not one I did purposely. I have glitched in the tent and outhouse accidentally.

Also, I do not trust Gun Media. I think a few innocent people will be banned. 

Why do people put so much trust in a company that can't even manage to get the credits option to work on the main menu? It is kind of funny that people donated extra money to have their name in the credits, and the credits are broken.

Literally EVERY exploiter I've reported has been up on the roof.

None are accidental, none are innocent.

This represents the large majority of exploiters.  The post you quoted stands - most people attacking the ban are those who exploit and don't want to get banned.

23 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

Literally EVERY exploiter I've reported has been up on the roof.

None are accidental, none are innocent.

This represents the large majority of exploiters.  The post you quoted stands - most people attacking the ban are those who exploit and don't want to get banned.

Definitely not glitching or exploiting... I stopped playing for most of the week because of it. Folks need to fuck off with the us vs. them mentality and learn to have a discussion.

My issue is why hasn't this shit been fixed? What's it been- a month? It's not like these exploits were discovered yesterday. These are Day 1 issues as well as some carrying over from the beta. That's pretty unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Fixing and banning are two separate issues, but one of the (many) strawman arguments is "Man, why are they banning instead of fixing?!?"

I'll say it again- they are doing BOTH.  But until  the patch is here, banning is just fine by me.  The alternative is to do nothing until the patch comes, and just allow the exploiting.

Simple way to avoid being banned:  Don't exploit at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

Fixing and banning are two separate issues, but one of the (many) strawman arguments is "Man, why are they banning instead of fixing?!?"

I'll say it again- they are doing BOTH.  But until  the patch is here, banning is just fine by me.  The alternative is to do nothing until the patch comes, and just allow the exploiting.

Simple way to avoid being banned:  Don't exploit at all.

I don't think you've read or understood my posts in this thread, please review as I think you're mistaking this discussion for something it's not.

Sending folks on a witchhunt isn't much different than the name & shame business. All of this could have been avoided by a patch. There have been patches on all platforms and this wasn't addressed in any of them. This is a monster of their creation.

Banning folks permanently is also pretty dumb but that's another discussion.

There is a difference between glitcihng on purpose and accidently, like one guy I saw crawl into a tent, he glitched, he told me he was glitched (we both had mics) he couldn't get out, and I couldn't get him, not his fault.  Then the guys who intentionally go into walls, or on the roof, and just stand there, THOSE are the ones that get reported/banned.

I think the ban system should be like a 3 strike clause.  1st time caught/reported  24 hour ban.   2nd time caught exploiting 1 week ban.  3 Strikes your out, or 30 day ban.

But also I think that those who were banned should have it lifted after the "fix" is released, but still be marked as a known exploiter so people know who to look for.  Because what others said rings true, for every thing fixed, there will be a new issue that arises. And like the people asking for new maps, i'm not against it, but new maps bring new glitches, so we have to be prepared for that.

Randy from Gun said in his latest stream the bans going out are not permanent. The more you get reported the longer the ban will be. If you have the time i highly recommend watching the entire stream as he answers a ton of questions that people here have been asking.

https://www.twitch.tv/fridaythe13thgame/videos/all

Thanks to AldermachXl for the link

41 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Randy from Gun said in his latest stream the bans going out are not permanent. The more you get reported the longer the ban will be. If you have the time i highly recommend watching the entire stream as he answers a ton of questions that people here have been asking.

https://www.twitch.tv/fridaythe13thgame/videos/all

I probably do have the time but I can't do it- thanks for the info though. I'm glad to hear there's more to it as a system and not just a full on knee-jerk reaction. I hate how people are ruining the game but it's such an easily exploitable game.

That said, I hope the bans on the racists are permanent.