Sign in to follow this  
Kingbeau23

Demons 1985

2 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Should we?  Any good?

I think part 2 is better than part 1. Honestly. But if you like zombie movies, you'd probably like it. It's kind of like a much gorier, and creepier, version of QUARANTINE, about 30 years before it came out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I think part 2 is better than part 1. Honestly. But if you like zombie movies, you'd probably like it. It's kind of like a much gorier, and creepier, version of QUARANTINE, about 30 years before it came out.

OK, thanks.  I'll check it out.

Those Italian horror films are usually over-the-top, like watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre combined with Clockwork Orange while on LSD.

4 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

OK, thanks.  I'll check it out.

Those Italian horror films are usually over-the-top, like watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre combined with Clockwork Orange while on LSD.

Haha, that really does describe these movies rather well!

8 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Haha, that really does describe these movies rather well!

I watched Suspiria one weekend night and felt like I needed to check myself in to an addiction recovery center afterward.

:o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I watched Suspiria one weekend night and felt like I needed to check myself in to an addiction recovery center afterward.

LOL   That would make a perfect critic's quote on the back of the DVD case.

On 7/8/2017 at 1:00 AM, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Yes I love both of them some days I like one over the other more 

Demons is great and I saw a new release just came out. Demons 2 was really good. Suspiria is amazing. The sounds and colors are intense. So are the other two in the witch trilogy, Inferno and Mother of Tears. Argento was known for his use of colors and his camera shots. Brilliant man.

Phenomena was another great one. Some of his Giallo are fantastic as well, namely Deep Red, Bird with the Crystal Plumage. A nother one in that category is Don't Torture a Duckling. 

On 7/8/2017 at 1:14 AM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I love suspira!!! And that is a great way to describe it!! You ever watched demons yet? Haha

Yep, and funny thing is that I actually got my Blu Ray copy as part of my reward (along with issue #281 of Famous Monsters of Filmland featuring The Bride of Frankenstien) for backing the Hollywood Horror Museum Kickstarter (and if I had seen/heard about that Kickstarter earlier I 'd have definitely jumped on the Bushido Female Jason figurine reward instead)