Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
final_guy

Hide or Crouch Still?

Recommended Posts

I'm a big fan of the slow-and-steady game, stealthily sneaking around cabins as AJ to collect items while trying to fly under Jason's radar.  My go to perk combination is Level Headed, Low Profile and Homebody for maximum Sense Avoidance.  One thing I'm still trying to figure out is what's the best strategy when you hear the ominous Jason music nearby?

My intuition tells me to hide, but I've noticed my fear increases (i.e. blackened edges of screen) if I hide too long.  Also, I'm wondering if there is Jason-detectable sound when I open a closet door or get out from the under a bed.  Lately I've been experimenting with crouching, facing a wall with my flashlight on and remaining still.  From unscientific personal game play observations, it seems Jason is more likely to move on with that crouching technique.

Has anyone done more thorough experiments?  What's the best way to minimize sound bubbles?  Please take into consideration that some Jasons tend roam around  the area a bit so the optimal technique also needs to minimize  fear for 3-5 consecutive minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, final_guy said:

I'm a big fan of the slow-and-steady game, stealthily sneaking around cabins as AJ to collect items while trying to fly under Jason's radar.  My go to perk combination is Level Headed, Low Profile and Homebody for maximum Sense Avoidance.  One thing I'm still trying to figure out is what's the best strategy when you hear the ominous Jason music nearby?

My intuition tells me to hide, but I've noticed my fear increases (i.e. blackened edges of screen) if I hide too long.  Also, I'm wondering if there is Jason-detectable sound when I open a closet door or get out from the under a bed.  Lately I've been experimenting with crouching, facing a wall with my flashlight on and remaining still.  From unscientific personal game play observations, it seems Jason is more likely to move on with that crouching technique.

Has anyone done more thorough experiments?  What's the best way to minimize sound bubbles?  Please take into consideration that some Jasons tend roam around  the area a bit so the optimal technique also needs to minimize  fear for 3-5 consecutive minutes.

I don't think he gets a sound bubble if you enter or leave a closet but if he is close enough he can definitely just hear it normally. Crouching makes less bubbles, but AJ already makes little noise. You could possibly jog away without him even noticing. Crouch walking makes extremely little noise with AJ but you move so slow it's almost not worth it. Standing still makes no noise whether you crouch or stand up. There is actually no benefit from crouching, unless you run perks that give you benefits from crouching, aside from less bubbles..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, final_guy said:

I'm a big fan of the slow-and-steady game, stealthily sneaking around cabins as AJ to collect items while trying to fly under Jason's radar.  My go to perk combination is Level Headed, Low Profile and Homebody for maximum Sense Avoidance.  One thing I'm still trying to figure out is what's the best strategy when you hear the ominous Jason music nearby?

My intuition tells me to hide, but I've noticed my fear increases (i.e. blackened edges of screen) if I hide too long.  Also, I'm wondering if there is Jason-detectable sound when I open a closet door or get out from the under a bed.  Lately I've been experimenting with crouching, facing a wall with my flashlight on and remaining still.  From unscientific personal game play observations, it seems Jason is more likely to move on with that crouching technique.

Has anyone done more thorough experiments?  What's the best way to minimize sound bubbles?  Please take into consideration that some Jasons tend roam around  the area a bit so the optimal technique also needs to minimize  fear for 3-5 consecutive minutes.

are you just trying to wait out the 20mins each time? This is a hard strategy in general as his sense gets stronger.

 

Use the perk that reduces AJ sound when running and then she can run the whole map without being detected. She is great early game then to hammer the cabins and fix things and get out as he wont see her running the map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 7theye said:

are you just trying to wait out the 20mins each time? This is a hard strategy in general as his sense gets stronger.

I don't start out with intention of surviving the full 20 minutes, but if everyone ends up dead (or escaping without me) then I give it a go.  By the time I'm the Final Guy (or, rather, Final Girl since I often play AJ) there's usually only 5-7 minutes left anyway.  Figure one slip up when fixing stuff and Jason will morph right to me.  Also, if you're the only counselor left then a moving car or boat on Jason's morph map, when you have his undivided attention, is like asking to get slaughtered.  Usually best to stealth crouch (with your flashlight on) around woods and shore far away from the cabins.  But as long as there is at least one other (probably louder) counselor alive, I'll do the normal find stuff and fix stuff strategy.  Because quite honestly, it is a little boring just to skulk around hoping not to get killed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, final_guy said:

I don't start out with intention of surviving the full 20 minutes, but if everyone ends up dead (or escaping without me) then I give it a go.  By the time I'm the Final Guy (or, rather, Final Girl since I often play AJ) there's usually only 5-7 minutes left anyway.  Figure one slip up when fixing stuff and Jason will morph right to me.  Also, if you're the only counselor left then a moving car or boat on Jason's morph map, when you have his undivided attention, is like asking to get slaughtered.  Usually best to stealth crouch (with your flashlight on) around woods and shore far away from the cabins.  But as long as there is at least one other (probably louder) counselor alive, I'll do the normal find stuff and fix stuff strategy.  Because quite honestly, it is a little boring just to skulk around hoping not to get killed.

there is a whole reddit analysis about using that perk that ups stealth when running. if you get more than 11% then AJ can literally run beside Jason and she wont ping. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hide as soon as I hear the music and see the tape fast forward. When I enter a house, I make sure I know where the nearest hiding spot is so I can get to it quickly without sprinting. As long as he's outside I don't think he can hear you entering a hiding spot- especially going under a bed. Make sure before u hide he doesn't see you through a window or otherwise hiding is pointless. Don't worry about the edges getting darker when hiding too long- that's for low composure counselors like chad, Tiffany, and Kenny to worry about. A.J's 7 composure will keep the house from turning red and she won't freak out when Jason is near her hiding spot for the majority of the game. Now towards the end is a different story- especially if she is last. She can't hide forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 7theye said:

there is a whole reddit analysis about using that perk that ups stealth when running. if you get more than 11% then AJ can literally run beside Jason and she wont ping. 

Are you talking about the Lightfoot Perk? I have one at 11% less noise while sprinting. Pretty sure I don't notice any sound bubble when I run with AJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fennec said:

Are you talking about the Lightfoot Perk? I have one at 11% less noise while sprinting. Pretty sure I don't notice any sound bubble when I run with AJ.

Yup I think 11 percent or more on lightfoot and you are basically able to sprint the whole map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does AJ make any noise at all when moving (walk/jog/sprint)?  When you move, you can see the sound you make on your mini map.  I don't ever see any sound when I play as AJ on the mini map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FantasticFreno said:

Does AJ make any noise at all when moving (walk/jog/sprint)?  When you move, you can see the sound you make on your mini map.  I don't ever see any sound when I play as AJ on the mini map.

She does. It's been tested on the Reddit analysis. 

 

When joggin she makes none. When sprinting Jason can see her if he's close by 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...