Sign in to follow this  
Dadpool

Counselor Balancing "Passive Perk Idea"

All the counselors in F13 are not created equal, a few excel in their selected task while the others are just OK. This is typically why you see over half of the counselors as AJ. 

Instead of tweaking the stats of each counselor to make some of the more none appealing ones, appealing. I thought it might be a good idea to assign each counselor a fourth perk that is specific to that character and cannot be changed or switched out. A passive perk that is always assigned to that specific counselor that will further assist in the type of game play the counselor was designed for. The only exception could be as you level you unlock other passive perks you can switch in and out. 

The perk could be a new one that is completely unique to that counselor in order to give them a bit more personality or a tweaked existing one. 

A few ideas,

Jenny: Can make calls to the cops and Tommy faster. Time to make calls reduced by X% "based of her composure she would be able to explain things faster without freaking out".

Chad: Chance to be missed by Jason's traps. X% not to be snared by Jason's trap and no audible to Jason "based of his luck he could completely be missed by the trap".

Adam: Can hot wire car. Mini game to hot wire car "big audible if he messes up", once he completes the hot wire he can start the car as normal "we all know he has stolen a few cars in his life".

Buggzy: Can stun Jason without melee weapon. Can punch if he does not have a melee weapon with X% chance to stun "based off of his strength"

Deborah: Can disarm traps with sticks and boards "based on her intelligence she should be able to figure this out".

Vanessa: Can hold breath longer while in hiding spots. Can hold breath X% longer while hiding "based of her high stamina and the fact she is a runner, she could hold her breath longer".

Kenny: Could use some ideas.

Tiffany: Could use some ideas.

Eric: Knows the location of cop spawn. X seconds prior to the cops arrival he will Know their location "based off his intelligence he should be able to figure out the route they would take".

AJ: Starts with a unique item  the portable compact cassette player and increase stamina recharge and speed around radios. The unique item works like the radio but stays on AJ, lets her trade her stealth for increased stamina recharge and slight speed boost for X amount of time "based on the fact she is the goth chick, they always have their rock music" 

• Like 3

In another thread I had an idea for Kenny that is: Valuable items(guns, vehicle parts, anything not in a drawer basically), show up on Kenny's minimap when he comes within proximity to them. Say, 75% the distance of his minimap, or if they are in the same cabin as him, whichever based on him being outside or inside.

Tiffany: I think holding breath longer should go to Tiffany instead. Vanessa would have to start hiding 1/3 of the way across the map because if Jason were any closer he'd know she was there based on her sound pings. I'm sure Tiffany has had plenty of practice with holding her breath. ;)

So if Tiffany gets the breath holding, then I'd say Vanessa could use something like, I don't know, throwing melee weapons? I haven't figured it out yet.

• Like 1

Vanessa could have a 'Taunt' ability to distract Jason and interfere with his 'Sense' ability, so that only Vanessa would appear when Jason uses his 'Sense' ability. Jason's 3rd Person Camera would also zoom in on a taunting Vanessa, much like how a Counselor's 3rd Person Camera focuses on a corpse upon discovery.

For it to work, Vanessa needs to be close enough to Jason for the ability to work, and it has a long cooldown timer upon use.

Granted, this idea was already taken from another user regarding about Tommy's ability, but I can see Vanessa having this trait as well.

Either that, or have Vanessa utilize a 'Second Wind' ability that refills a small amount of Stamina if she runs out when being chased by Jason.

• Like 1

I did not even think about Tommy. Since Tommy is a bit OP compared to the other counselors, I would suggest his perk be a supportive perk that gives benefits to characters around him instead of directly benefiting him. 

Another idea would be Tommy having a fourth escape option that only he can complete in order to save those counselors who got left behind from the boat or cars. I don't know how many times the fuse went missing or glitched through the floor after someone was killed and the cars were gone. So some unique new escape that only Tommy can complete and he can't use it until all other counselors have escaped or are dead. 

1 hour ago, Dadpool said:

I did not even think about Tommy. Since Tommy is a bit OP compared to the other counselors, I would suggest his perk be a supportive perk that gives benefits to characters around him instead of directly benefiting him.

Hmm, how about anyone within proximity to Tommy gets a 50% fear resistance?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hmm, how about anyone within proximity to Tommy gets a 50% fear resistance?

Yes, something like that would work.

Neat ideas.

Though with more counselors sure to come via DLC. It might be best to hold off on such ideas and pack them in with the new counselors.

22 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Neat ideas.

Though with more counselors sure to come via DLC. It might be best to hold off on such ideas and pack them in with the new counselors.

I can definitely agree with that, I would want all new counselors to be just as good and as interesting as the current ones. I just hope they don't have all the new ones better or worse then the current counselors. Though, with the unique perk idea above it would definitely make them all more interesting to play and make Jason a little more challenging, forcing him to prioritize his kills based off of the current game situation. 

Jason would need his own buff with these changes though, maybe each Jason has a special trait too