can someone please explain if the tapes are canon or not if so that means Pamela met with a Jarvis before and Elias wasn't Jason's Father just curious as this could open new theories....

Only the films are canon really, and since they seemed to have started again with reboots/remakes. I'd say Parts I to FvJ are now locked down as the original canon.  

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Only the films are canon really, and since they seemed to have started again with reboots/remakes. I'd say Parts I to FvJ are now locked down as the original canon.  

Whay did the newest change about the canon? Other than him being more ruthless and it offering an explanation as to how he knows where you are and how he gets so quickly around the camp? 

1 hour ago, Repo Boom said:

Whay did the newest change about the canon? Other than him being more ruthless and it offering an explanation as to how he knows where you are and how he gets so quickly around the camp? 

Haven't watched it in a while as I hate what Platinum Dunes do with iconic horror franchises . But I'm sure all the dates are different to the original series which retcons itself as a remake?  

1 minute ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I found one so far

By chance, do you remember if it was on a Friday that you found it or another day of the week? Trying to prove or disprove that theory for myself.

6 minutes ago, dustinwood614 said:

By chance, do you remember if it was on a Friday that you found it or another day of the week? Trying to prove or disprove that theory for myself.

6 minutes ago, dustinwood614 said:

The only one I found wasn't n a Friday.

I believe it's been stated that your chances of finding them are higher on fridays, but they can spawn any time you play the game.

I believe the only one I found was right in the middle of the week on a Wednesday 

20 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Haven't listened to them but I can answer this:

No.

Yes they are this game is made by the same person who made the movies it is cannon.

34 minutes ago, Bigboss831 said:

Yes they are this game is made by the same person who made the movies it is cannon.

Nope.

They were written by the director of Part 6 almost 40 years after the first film. No matter how much you want them to be, they will never be canon.

I greatly enjoy the novelizations and comics and stuff, but only the films are "canon" inasmuch as FRIDAY THE 13TH even has one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I greatly enjoy the novelizations and comics and stuff, but only the films are "canon" inasmuch as FRIDAY THE 13TH even has one.

Well to us we can debate weather or not they are cannon. Unless someone comes out and says "They are cannon" right now the tapes are just something that's there. Now if they aren't cannon that's fine with me, they are cool but if these are cannon it gives us the fans more lore and trying to figure out what's really going on at camp crystal lake. 

On 7/1/2017 at 9:44 AM, FlameRiderSD said:

can someone please explain if the tapes are canon or not if so that means Pamela met with a Jarvis before and Elias wasn't Jason's Father just curious as this could open new theories....

I would say no to being canon. That being said, I have one tape found so far, which, to me they offer some interesting background "filler".

I still haven't found a single tape.

With my luck, others keep getting them in the same game im in. The devs should greatly increase the chances of getting those tapes on Friday. Like 90 percent chance they spawn and multiple tapes spawn per match.

In terms of canon. You could call them loose canon if you really wanted to. Tom have ideas of expanding on the mythology but Frank was against the idea.

I listened to all the tapes someone posted on Youtube. In my personal opinion, I doubt they are canon. What I do like about them is they give you some background in the investigation of the supposed drowning. Basically a what if? 

well for anyone who hasn't seen the tapes they basically say that Jason's Father raped Pamela and Elias was a guy she married that she though would protect them but then realized he would hurt them and killed him it also has what i believe is a relative of Tommy Jarvis she meets who is a doctor and along many other things

i honestly hope they are canon because this would explain a lot

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Nope.

They were written by the director of Part 6 almost 40 years after the first film. No matter how much you want them to be, they will never be canon.

Yes they are cannon 

I hope they are not because they ripped off Freddy's origin (son of 1000 maniacs). And the writing felt like they were forcing in too many Easter eggs(Pamela killing Elias from Pamela's Tale, Tommy's father, etc).

Me and the same group of guys play together every day and none of us have ever found a tape.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

I hope they are not because they ripped off Freddy's origin (son of 1000 maniacs). And the writing felt like they were forcing in too many Easter eggs(Pamela killing Elias from Pamela's Tale, Tommy's father, etc).

I'm not a fan of the tapes myself, but simply being a child of rape does not a Freddy Krueger ripoff make.

14 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

I'm not a fan of the tapes myself, but simply being a child of rape does not a Freddy Krueger ripoff make.

well Freddy was conceived the same way.