I tried searching for what I'm about to post, and couldn't find anything specific.  This suggestion might remedy Issues players are having, I.E. shift-stalk-grab-kills/jason spamming grabs/players NOT playing the game the way It was Intended.

Make the Pocket knife a weapon you can pick up, like a baseball bat, wrench, etc. When Jason grabs you, you still get the Instant break free-lose pocket knife result the only difference-It will eliminate the reliance on pocketknifes/hoarding.

Now, to balance gameplay....

Make all weapons have a 'help-you-break-away' feature.  Example, If your character Is healthy and equips a skillet before Jason grabs, your chances of breaking free(composure) should drastically Increase-and of course Jason's ability to perform a GrabKill should decrease-because the skillet can 'stun' Jason (also It's smaller, realistically you would be able to use It better in extreme close proximity).  Another example, If your character Is wounded while holding a baseball bat, and Jason grabs you, the reverse, You will have a harder time breaking free/Jason will have an easier time preforming a GrabKill.

The smaller the weapon the easier It Is to break free/harder It Is to fight and vice-versa the bigger the weapon the easier It is to fight/harder to break free. Balance will come from players.....using teamwork ???

I don't think this will alter combat In a negative sense.  IMO, it will eliminate pocket knife hoarders, force people to play correctly, and lastly make people 'get gud' combat wise.

• Like 2

I really like this idea. I can totally see AJ smacking Jason upside the head with a wrench to quickly free herself from his grip.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoundrella said:

I like this idea but please:

Define "playing correctly" in this context

Sorry about that.

My definition of 'playing correctly' = not spamming windows, hoarding certain Items, using teamwork, no looping around furniture, no team killing/working with Jason.... etc  

'Playing correctly' In the context you asked.....Mainly force Jason-player to not GRAB all the time, and-God forbid-force counselor-players to use combat.  Don't get me wrong, my Idea won't nerf Jason/make all counselors GOD, It will literally give everyone a fighting chance.