Jump to content
Ste_Wolf

300 accounts banned and counting

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:
I wish this mindset would die.

You're not an emotional bad-ass for letting the stupid shit slip past your teeth, and the only reason this line of thought has lasted as long on the internet is because of the lack of repercussions for anyone that enjoys running their mouth off to everyone they come across. If you enter a game (and I mean "you" as a general term here, not you), and do something that gets you banned, then take a moment to yourself, realize you were acting like an idiot, and don't let it happen again.

Learning from your mistakes and trying to be better than you were yesterday is a worthy pursuit. Talking shit, getting into trouble, and then wondering why the world won't bend over backwards to suit you is a waste of time.

 

I wish this mindset would die. I never said I was "an emotional bad-ass". I just said that "words cannot physically hurt you". And that is true. You are only vulnerable to another person's words if you allow yourself to be. I will concede that people online can be rude, insensitive, and downright mean. But, that is not a reason to permanently ban someone from a game that they (or their parents, in some situations) paid for.

A temporary suspension? Sure. Hate speech is hate, so I could see making someone take a break for a few days and chill out. But, at the end of the day, it is up to you if you take someone "acting like an idiot" personally. It is not just the internet, people act stupid in real life too. There are actual repercussions for that, as it should be. But, online shit-talking is going to happen, there is nothing you can do about it.

This game is not special for the amount of dumbasses that spew insensitive crap over a mic. It happens on every multiplayer game. I've seen streams of people calling Jason-Helping douchebags a "faggot". If you take Gun Media's rules word for word, that is "homophobic". So, should both parties be banned? I've said it before, censoring speech is a slippery slope. Where do you draw the line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny I had gone a long time without running into glitches and I ran not two last night. One on Packanaxk Who got into a wall by the fireplace taunting my purple Jason and some other guy who got into a fridge in one of the cabins. He was able to get out of it though and went on with the game so I kind of thought that was more interesting than anything else and Jason actually grabbed him so...eh. Other than that I've run into a few Jason helpers and had reported the most blatant one of those already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two games today a group of team killers killing all the other counselors and the other game a group of Jason helpers xp farmers. 

Is team killing bannable if they are doing it to grief the other players? I know it's not for like last spot in vehicle and running someone over while escaping. But is blatant team killing? Because it completely ruins the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DEATH said:

Nobody will be banned for the first time using a glitch because they can happen by accident, but it is obvious when you are abusing it. That is exactly as it should be. I really hate it when people defend glitchers. It isn't any different than hacking. You are using a bug to give yourself an advantage and you have a choice in whether or not you use it. If you accidentally find a glitch it's your responsibility to report and never use it again.

This one guy was placing a trap down infront of the door and I opened it and the guy flew up into the wood and couldn't get out. We didn't know what happened and at the time this wasn't ban-able since the TOS wasn't updated. He was stuck there for the whole match, Jason still killed him by using his spear to reach him but still, people thought he was glitching until I told them he got stuck up there because while he was placing the trap down I opened the door causing him to get stuck. A glitch is something that's in the game, yeah you have a choice like a cheat but it's something that can happen by accident. Cheaters should be banned but glitchers are using bugs within the game and not a program to cheat like wall hacks and tracking software to find everything and everyone. Glitching is just using spots to glitch out so Jason can't kill you, it's stupid but not a cheat, it can be patched unlike someone using a hack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play the game as intended then you got nothing to worry about.But if you going to exploit glitches and TK then accept the ban it's that simple.If the player base goes down that's sending a clear message that cheating will get you no where.Its bout time cheaters on all games exposed and delt with accordingly.Thats why anti cheat software is around on pc games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

This one guy was placing a trap down infront of the door and I opened it and the guy flew up into the wood and couldn't get out. We didn't know what happened and at the time this wasn't ban-able since the TOS wasn't updated. He was stuck there for the whole match, Jason still killed him by using his spear to reach him but still, people thought he was glitching until I told them he got stuck up there because while he was placing the trap down I opened the door causing him to get stuck. A glitch is something that's in the game, yeah you have a choice like a cheat but it's something that can happen by accident. Cheaters should be banned but glitchers are using bugs within the game and not a program to cheat like wall hacks and tracking software to find everything and everyone. Glitching is just using spots to glitch out so Jason can't kill you, it's stupid but not a cheat, it can be patched unlike someone using a hack. 

Are you ghostboy gaming on youtube?

glitches can happen on accident. Best thing to do is record if it happens so you have proof it was an accident and to tell the others you are playing with what happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Are you ghostboy gaming on youtube?

glitches can happen on accident. Best thing to do is record if it happens so you have proof it was an accident and to tell the others you are playing with what happened.

Yup that's me lol 

Yeah I know about it, but to some they might not record it. I record or stream everything I do just in case something happens and I'm like "Okay how the heck did I get stuck inside this wall... Um help?" Some people don't record. I find glitching to be stupid if it's for winning a match. Now if it's like GTA 5 where you can send a car flying using a gate sign me up lol The guy that got glitched I know isn't going to get banned because at the time it happened. It was before glitching was bannable. Now it's bannable, I think the glitchers on PS4 have slowly faded because I don't see a lot but only time will tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yup that's me lol 

Yeah I know about it, but to some they might not record it. I record or stream everything I do just in case something happens and I'm like "Okay how the heck did I get stuck inside this wall... Um help?" Some people don't record. I find glitching to be stupid if it's for winning a match. Now if it's like GTA 5 where you can send a car flying using a gate sign me up lol The guy that got glitched I know isn't going to get banned because at the time it happened. It was before glitching was bannable. Now it's bannable, I think the glitchers on PS4 have slowly faded because I don't see a lot but only time will tell. 

There are still a few glitches on ps4 people do but some of the big glitches have been patched out. When more are found in sure we'll see them more. The ps4 constantly records even if you don't tell it to. You just have to hit share and save clip and it will save the last 'X' minutes of gameplay based on how many minutes are set in normal record settings. I think the default is 15 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

There are still a few glitches on ps4 people do but some of the big glitches have been patched out. When more are found in sure we'll see them more. The ps4 constantly records even if you don't tell it to. You just have to hit share and save clip and it will save the last 'X' minutes of gameplay based on how many minutes are set in normal record settings. I think the default is 15 minutes. 

Yeah but to some they might not even know about it and just play. Stuff like that does happen. I know of a few glitch spots that haven't been patched like some of the rock glitches. But those spots have been rare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...