lHeartBreakerl

Bad news. Looks like we won't see Pamela implemented as a killer.

10 minutes ago, DialM said:

This is very well thought out. I'd love to believe this, but (in regards to the final paragraphs) it really just seems like New Line was ignoring continuity in favor of making whatever they wanted.

Jason as a child in the lake grabbing people and Jason as a child in Jason goes to manhattan are the illusions that he caused himself to mess with them. It is said that once he "died" in Jason goes to manhattan he didn't actually die he was just an illusion in her mind of him as a child and that he returned to camp crystal lake. Hence him being there at the beginning of Jason Goes To Hell

4 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Oh totally. I mean, who am I to argue with They?

All you gotta do is look it up kid. Jason was just a man at that point. Do some research at that point hes still just a man. Yes he "drowned" in the lake but hes still just a man. He doesmt have powers yet. Hence tommy being able to kill him with a Machete. Then the next movie part 6 when its actually him he gets shot with a shotgun multiple times and nothing. Part 6 is when he actually gets his powers.

4 minutes ago, bobbumman619 said:

All you gotta do is look it up kid. 

You are adorable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

You are adorable.

When someone realizes they're wrong so they start being stupid >.> just do your research kid. There's alot more to them then the movies show. Since you didn't know.

23 minutes ago, bobbumman619 said:

They were trying to do everythimg like the movies. I don't see how they wouldn't put her. I mean shed have the strength and morph. But I'd say for stalk. Since she's not Jason have her stalk active when she goes into a hiding spot and if a counselor comes by she can jump out and kill them or if she's under a bed just slice their tendon so they cant run away. As for shift I think since shes just another actual person just give her some speed and stamina like a boy othwr character. Of course they'd have to give her a lil more to catch up with bugsy. Maybe more stamina but less speed? I'm not sure. Ive been think about this for a wille myself

To be fair I see why they don't want to add her. Each Jason has powers in the game, that might upset those who are fans of the films if they gave her powers. Now this is just a game, they don't need to stay 100% true to the game if it's just multiplayer, they kinda threw that out the window with NES Jason. I've seen people complain it ruins the game because it doesn't feel like Friday the 13th films, I do agree but it's also a game, sometimes you can't control what goes into a game. If they gave her powers (Which I'm still wondering if she did, she tossed that one girl through a dang window, she's old and man she's strong) So putting her in the game would be strange but replace the idea of Jason being stunned by a sweat to someone going to the empty hut to find Jason's mask and have Jason's voice as a kid talk to her. We all know she heard his voice.

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

To be fair I see why they don't want to add her. Each Jason has powers in the game, that might upset those who are fans of the films if they gave her powers. Now this is just a game, they don't need to stay 100% true to the game if it's just multiplayer, they kinda threw that out the window with NES Jason. I've seen people complain it ruins the game because it doesn't feel like Friday the 13th films, I do agree but it's also a game, sometimes you can't control what goes into a game. If they gave her powers (Which I'm still wondering if she did, she tossed that one girl through a dang window, she's old and man she's strong) So putting her in the game would be strange but replace the idea of Jason being stunned by a sweat to someone going to the empty hut to find Jason's mask and have Jason's voice as a kid talk to her. We all know she heard his voice.

Thats one of my favorite scenes in that one. When shes chasing Alice and starts talking to herself as Jason. I would love that in the game like if shes killing someone or chasing someone down if she started talking to herself as Jason. If they do add her into the game I believe Alice would have to come in and kill her. They can leave Jarvis there to but in the movies Jarvis wasent even born yet. So if they did wanna stick to the movies they wouldnt have Tommy I dont think. But then again like you said they dont have to follow the movies exactly. Although I really love that so far they have.

Haven't read through the whole thread but my thinking is same as it's always been. I've made a couple of in-depth posts on it before, but to summarise -

The problem of fitting in Pamela (and Roy, depending on how you feel about his role) could be solved by providing a customised map for her. No doubt the current maps would absolutely not work for her without shift or morph, because that's how Jason deals with distance. His playstyle is in sync with the gameplay. So in order for Pamela to be just as imposing as Jason, her environment would need to allow her to take advantage of it. Along with her own unique abilities to take advantage of the counselors.

It seems that whenever people think of adding Pamela or Roy, they mainly focus on stripping down the unique abilities that Jason has and call it a day. That's not the way to go about it. Instead of just subtracting from what Jason can do, start thinking about what Jason can't do. Think about a smaller environment where morph or shift isn't needed. The idea is not to provide an experience less than Jason, but an experience different from Jason but equally as fun. That's what would interest people in playing a different killer.  

You could extend the idea to more than just an alternate killer too. Pamela (and Roy) could have an entirely separate game mode, with different objectives, items and gameplay. All of that takes a lot of work, of course. But the main thing it takes is creativity, and I'm sure that some great ideas could be found, if given the time to grow and develop. As it stands, I think the game could use an extra mode anyway.

That's my "summary" haha. But hopefully this long post encourages some more discussion. It'd be a shame if the devs decided to abandon this potentially great addition to the game (that they wanted in the first place).

5 minutes ago, bobbumman619 said:

Thats one of my favorite scenes in that one. When shes chasing Alice and starts talking to herself as Jason. I would love that in the game like if shes killing someone or chasing someone down if she started talking to herself as Jason. If they do add her into the game I believe Alice would have to come in and kill her. They can leave Jarvis there to but in the movies Jarvis wasent even born yet. So if they did wanna stick to the movies they wouldnt have Tommy I dont think. But then again like you said they dont have to follow the movies exactly. Although I really love that so far they have.

They could add in Alice. I mean Tommy is called by radio, they could do something like this with Alice where she comes to the camp to fight the mother (Would make for a weird game but hey, it doesn't have to stay 100% true to the films) NES Jason isn't in any films but it's a nice touch having him in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing Pam's head get cut off. Would make for another cool way kill. But hey, if they don't add her there is always other things we can look forwards too. I'm still waiting for my wheelchair character. 

1 hour ago, bobbumman619 said:

When someone realizes they're wrong so they start being stupid >.> just do your research kid. There's alot more to them then the movies show. Since you didn't know.

ZOHEqK7Djzd9y6lEOxV-b4MmoJKERiG5YwSJ7Tmv

On July 1, 2017 at 5:32 AM, e.txcountryboy said:

Pamela while being an awesome idea for a killer in this game I do agree that the games mechanics would have to be drastically altered for her to work. Jason is a walking tank, counselors can throw everything at him including the kitchen sink and he keeps coming. Pamela on the other hand was small and weak in contrast, that's why she had to rely more heavily on killing her victims with stealth. If the group of counselors knew she was out there killing people all it would take is the counselors hitting her with any of the weapons to take her out cause she is just a normal woman after all.

the only way to make her work would be with single player and a shitload of AI programming. The devs would have to make the games single player mode more like Hitman where pams objective is to stay unnoticed by the counselors and then pick moments of opportunity to single out stray counselors so she can kill and dispose of the body without any of the counselors being any wiser.

Ok... Heres what I don't get why people are so dead set on being anal about certain things and not care about the countless other shit  that makes no sense to the lore that you guys have no problem with yet  have a hard time letting go of  pam and roy being "unrealistic" I have a easier time believing an undead pam would be just as strong as jason part 2&3  than believing savini jason who just escaped hell would come back looking like he just got home  from cosplaying at comic con with his spray painted mask and glow in the dark eye contacts from hot topic. If Jason can teleport why doesn't he just always teleport? Whats up with the cool down? is he scared of becoming out of shape or something?  How come he can hear  traps going off,  cars and the boat starting up from across the map but can't hear them running and breathing in areas even closer than the traps, cars and boat? where is he getting the map from? is he pulling it out his pocket?  because that's pretty hilarious the thought of Jason reading a map. on top of that i love how he just points to a place on the map with his finger, goes "uhh here" than ends up in the area he desires. Theres a lot of shit that doesn't make any sense that has already been brought up plenty of times why do we draw the line at pam and Roy being  On par with the other Jasons? They can't say they remained  true to the lore. maybe you can't  stay true to the lore and still make a game thats fun which is understandable but why draw the line at  Roy and Pam being on par with Jason?  this is a video game and no one sees it as being canon at least they shouldn't anyways.

14 minutes ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

this is a video game and no one sees it as being canon at least they shouldn't anyway

The only thing that seems to be cannon is the tapes but that I'm still wondering about. 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The only thing that seems to be cannon is the tapes but that I'm still wondering about. 

I don't know about all that but exactly.  you want Chad Jason ffs lol and yet some people still have a hard time of letting go of this game vs the franchise. If Pam and Roy need to be just as powerful as Jason for them to be playable in this game  so be it. wouldn't even be the weirdest thing in this game. 

3 minutes ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

so be it. wouldn't even be the weirdest thing in this game. 

We have NES Jason, how weirder could it ge-magical_girl_jason_voorhees_by_falinuy72

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

Ok... Heres what I don't get why people are so dead set on being anal about certain things and not care about the countless other shit  that makes no sense to the lore that you guys have no problem with yet  have a hard time letting go of  pam and roy being "unrealistic" I have a easier time believing an undead pam would be just as strong as jason part 2&3  than believing savini jason who just escaped hell would come back looking like he just got home  from cosplaying at comic con with his spray painted mask and glow in the dark eye contacts from hot topic. If Jason can teleport why doesn't he just always teleport? Whats up with the cool down? is he scared of becoming out of shape or something?  How come he can hear  traps going off,  cars and the boat starting up from across the map but can't hear them running and breathing in areas even closer than the traps, cars and boat? where is he getting the map from? is he pulling it out his pocket?  because that's pretty hilarious the thought of Jason reading a map. on top of that i love how he just points to a place on the map with his finger, goes "uhh here" than ends up in the area he desires. Theres a lot of shit that doesn't make any sense that has already been brought up plenty of times why do we draw the line at pam and Roy being  On par with the other Jasons? They can't say they remained  true to the lore. maybe you can't  stay true to the lore and still make a game thats fun which is understandable but why draw the line at  Roy and Pam being on par with Jason?  this is a video game and no one sees it as being canon at least they shouldn't anyways.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my opinion on Roy and Pam is that I would rather they be less powerful than Jason, but if the only way to make them work in the game was to make them just as powerful as Jason, it wouldn't really bother me.

Basically, it would irritate me about as much as JASON GOES TO HELL Jason using a double bladed axe that he never utilized in his film - annoying, but not the end of the world.

19 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

We have NES Jason, how weirder could it ge-magical_girl_jason_voorhees_by_falinuy72

How about Muffin Jason? 

14 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but my opinion on Roy and Pam is that I would rather they be less powerful than Jason, but if the only way to make them work in the game was to make them just as powerful as Jason, it wouldn't really bother me.

Basically, it would irritate me about as much as JASON GOES TO HELL Jason using a double bladed axe that he never utilized in his film - annoying, but not the end of the world.

Everybody knows that and the other axes are Jason most iconic weapon(s).  

Just now, GonzoThe912TH said:

How about Muffin Jason? 

Wouldn't work.Jason would need the muffin button and Goku has that KmFE0w.gif

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Wouldn't work.Jason would need the muffin button and Goku has that KmFE0w.gif

Devs, make it work. 

image.jpegCould be Muffins face and jasons body

2 minutes ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

Devs, make it work. 

image.jpegCould be Muffins face and jasons body

So basically we have Scooby do coming after us.... Now I know why Chad looked so familiar! 150px-Fred_Jones.png

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

So basically we have Scooby do coming after us.... Now I know why Chad looked so familiar! 150px-Fred_Jones.png

lol have you read the IMDb trivial section for the dog who played Toby from part 8? Fascinating stuff. 

image.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GonzoThe912TH said:

lol have you read the IMDb trivial section for the dog who played Toby from part 8? Fascinating stuff. 

image.png

Now that's just funny. I'll take is a dog for $300 

7 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It's not canon. Guaranteed if they suddenly decided to make a new film following up on parts I-X, no one at any of the studios would say, "Oh, and watch the Pamela Tapes to make sure you don't contradict anything." They would just tell them to watch the movies.

Also, I thought someone before had said the Pamela Tapes place Jason's birthday on June 14th, which would be wrong, and thus certainly not canon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It's not canon. Guaranteed if they suddenly decided to make a new film following up on parts I-X, no one at any of the studios would say, "Oh, and watch the Pamela Tapes to make sure you don't contradict anything." They would just tell them to watch the movies.

Also, I thought someone before had said the Pamela Tapes place Jason's birthday on June 14th, which would be wrong, and thus certainly not canon.

It's true. It's not always fair that a fat cat movie executive executes what is "canon" by green lighting a film. "Alien: Resurrection" anybody????? 

But the truth is, movies can steam roll any thing outside of the movie series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

It's true. It's not always fair that a fat cat movie executive executes what is "canon" by green lighting a film. "Alien: Resurrection" anybody????? 

But the truth is, movies can steam roll any thing outside of the movie series. 

Yep. And that's a big thing with the STAR WARS EU. People always say, "Lucas approved it!" Yeah, but that doesn't make it canon. Licensors typically have an approvals process for licensed product, and historically the concern has always largely been to protect brand integrity, not worry about a cohesive narrative. And that led to that clusterfuck, which Disney rightly burned to the ground.

Granted, moving forward, Star Wars licensed product has continuity in mind, but they can afford a large brand-approval team, and they understand that the fanbase is devouring and dissecting every single licensed product, so they have to take canon and continuity in mind as part of maintaining brand integrity. But Star Wars is well-known in the licensing world to have massive style guides with specific rules about their art assets and licensed product. 

But Friday the 13th? As already pointed out, Paramount didn't even care about necessarily following continuity from one film to the next. They only cared about making a new film and getting the easy cash. Frank Mancusco Jr. has gone on record time and time again about how the Paramount execs just kept telling him to make another one because they consistently made their money back during their opening weekend. There's no way they have a line plan or marketing strategy for their i.p., or some grand vision.

18 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Well they could be, you don't need to watch movies to get the full story. Some comic book movies you don't need to know anything unless you want the lore. With what's going on with Star wars a lot of the comics and books are no longer cannon but with Battlefront 2 coming out the story for that is 100% cannon. So whatever happens there might be touched up on in later films maybe.