lHeartBreakerl

Bad news. Looks like we won't see Pamela implemented as a killer.

With wes's statement in this video it looks like we won't see her which is a real shame.

What's even better is that the statement was made on discord 8 days ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

With wes's statement in this video it looks like we won't see her which is a real shame.

What's even better is that the statement was made on discord 8 days ago.

Well if this confirms that Wheelchair guy won't be making it into the game.  

18 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

I wonder if this could possibly apply to Roy too.

It does, if they can't shift or teleport then yeah, we won't be seeing him in the game. 

If its true, then its not a smart business move. It becomes even more tacky if you introduce her in a sequel years down the line.

You always leave the door open for something like this. Keep it a grey area.

12 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It does, if they can't shift or teleport then yeah, we won't be seeing him in the game. 

There are living Jasons that shift n port. 

Roy is no different than them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Campkill said:

There are living Jasons that shift n port. 

Roy is no different than them. 

Jason is a super natural being. Roy was not. Hence why I said if he can't teleport or shift there is now point of him. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Jason is a super natural being. Roy was not. Hence why I said if he can't teleport or shift there is now point of him. 

Don't open this can of worms, man. Trust me.

People are very... peculiar about what they do and do not consider to be supernatural in the FRIDAY THE 13TH series.

• Like 1

Just now, RKSDooM said:

Don't open this can of worms, man. Trust me.

People are very... peculiar about what they do and do not consider to be supernatural in the FRIDAY THE 13TH series.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

As far as the plot of Part V goes, Roy showed the same abilities that Jason did up to Part 4. Remember, this was before zombie Jason was a thing. This was when Jason was more "pseudo-supernatural" since he was not undead. I'll prove it to you. At the start of this clip, Roy bursts through the door to the house. He then WAITS for Reggie and the girl to run out of the house. Then he appears IN FRONT of Reggie, and Reggie was sprinting that whole time. If that's not teleportation, that's a new human land speed record.

Roy doesn't "technically" have teleportation powers, but he has movie trope powers of being wherever the plot needs him to be for a slasher film. I.E. pretty much teleportation.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

As @bewareofbears put it, Roy is jason up until hes not.

He deserves to be in the game.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

As far as the plot of Part V goes, Roy showed the same abilities that Jason did up to Part 4. Remember, this was before zombie Jason was a thing. This was when Jason was more "pseudo-supernatural" since he was not undead. I'll prove it to you. At the start of this clip, Roy bursts through the door to the house. He then WAITS for Reggie and the girl to run out of the house. Then he appears IN FRONT of Reggie, and Reggie was sprinting that whole time. If that's not teleportation, that's a new human land speed record.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

As @bewareofbears put it, Roy is jason up until hes not.

He deserves to be in the game.

I'm not against it but if Pamela isn't in the game it's safe to say the same about Roy. Both have a right to be in the game, I mean she was on the stretch goal. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm not against it but if Pamela isn't in the game it's safe to say the same about Roy. Both have a right to be in the game, I mean she was on the stretch goal. 

I completely agree. They both fall under the same category so I can see why it's safe to assume so. But Roy was in the fan vote for Jasons to be inn the game.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I completely agree. They both fall under the same category so I can see why it's safe to assume so. But Roy was in the fan vote for Jasons to be inn the game.

I know, I want him in the game as well. I think they should add both. If they want to keep cannon (NES Jason ain't even cannon) I can understand but this shouldn't be the case, it would be fun playing as Mommy and killing everyone. Roy would also make a cool character to play as well. 

Still my hopes for my wheelchair guy is dying now. 

18 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

No. Jason is not supernatural before he dies. Super human maybe. A genetic freak resulting in strength above normal men, sure. But not magical. 

Unless you argue that's wrong for some wrong reason. 

And if so- then so is Roy. Why? Same reason you say living Jason is supernatural...no reason at all. 

1 minute ago, Campkill said:

No. Jason is not supernatural before he dies. Super human maybe. A genetic freak resulting in strength above normal men, sure. But not magical. 

Unless you argue that's wrong for some wrong reason. 

And if so- then so is Roy. Why? Same reason you say living Jason is supernatural...no reason at all. 

If you have listen to the tapes it sounds like Jason might be a supernatural being. Granted this is how I've seen it. Roy I would put as a super human but not supernatural. I can see him being able to run like a cat out of hell and busting doors but teleporting is a bit far fetch since he's human. Granted in the remake Jason had tunnels under the camp and it made it look like he was teleporting everywhere which made him more human. 

There's no reason Roy couldn't be under the mask of the part 5 "Jason." He'd be a Jason that "can run" with reduced "shift" and "morph" in keeping with his human-ness... but he essentially was Jason for the movie. The important thing here is to have another playable Jason with a different weapon, weapon executions, respective map from the film with appropriate context kills, etc. He's more Jason than Pam is so it wouldn't hurt balance for the maps/counselor's we have already. You wouldn't even know it's Roy unless you knock the mask off. So it's not exactly as gamebreaking as adding Pam.

• Like 4

I was thinking that Pamela could be the Tommy Jarvis of the other side. He calls her in when there's two minutes left so she can help out but can be killed. 

Shame it won't happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

If you have listen to the tapes it sounds like Jason might be a supernatural being. Granted this is how I've seen it. Roy I would put as a super human but not supernatural. I can see him being able to run like a cat out of hell and busting doors but teleporting is a bit far fetch since he's human. Granted in the remake Jason had tunnels under the camp and it made it look like he was teleporting everywhere which made him more human. 

I personally don't care. I don't see the teleporting as cannon "magic". I see it as the game is mimicking schlock gimmicks in old 80s movies. 

The same way I don't think that the VHS static proves Jason distorts reality like it's analog tape. 

The powers just facilitate a gimmick. Like Jasons ability to catch up even when he don't run. 

This game does not convince me that Jason teleports in the movies nor do I think the devs intended that. 

• Like 8

Pamela IS in the game, she is a head....what is she going to to? Roll around biting people's ankles?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Campkill said:

I personally don't care. I don't see the teleporting as cannon "magic". I see it as the game is mimicking schlock gimmicks in old 80s movies. 

The same way I don't think that the VHS static proves Jason distorts reality like it's analog tape. 

The powers just facilitate a gimmick. Like Jasons ability to catch up even when he don't run. 

Thid game does not convince me that Jason teleports in the movies nor do I think the devs intended that. 

Same can be said for Pam. I mean you can still had her and give her these powers. 

Just now, lazerus_86 said:

Pamela IS in the game, she is a head....what is she going to to? Roll around biting people's ankles?

That's a good point. I forgot she's already in the game lol

47 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Thank god. 

I thought I was the only one that felt that way. Just say no to Pamela and Roy.