Rydog

Friday the 13th knowledge base -- counselor/Jason data, full maps, tier lists

14 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Good stuff

You're assuming a lot of things go right however. As you state, if you have a team of 3, one guy is by himself getting the sweater more than likely. Why Jason wouldn't immediately teleport and kill them is beyond me honestly. Sometimes I leave a trap at the front. The one guy I play with always is trying to kill Jason, so I know What to expect. A good Jason will be able to forsee, if two High strength characters are trying to hunt him down and attack him, that they're probably trying to kill him.

I've had to try and fight against 5 fairly decent counselors trying to escape in the car before, so I have a little bit of battle experience with him. I can keep track of multiple people and block hits. It would be much smarter to wait to attack back until AFTER your weapons have broken from blocking so many strikes. If you decide to never fight back as Jason and simply don't answer to it and block, then you'll either be in an odd stare off where neither player wants to make the first move, or the Counselors will get trigger happy and have their weapons breaking from blocking.

Clipping him through a door is questionable at best but I don't see anything wrong with that since Jason can do it too. This can be countered by Jason combat stance breaking a door from an odd angle. Using the car actually sounds like an interesting strategy and I can see that possibly working out, but If the Jason can avoid the car you might end up breaking it on a tree.

Hmm my friend I'm with now actually was talking to me about how he got demasked in 4 hit from a Jenny once, so that's actually interesting the machete is better of a melee weapon. Thanks for that tip.

As I mentioned before, I am indeed a Battle Jason when I need to be. You say the best Jason's will attempt a grab, but that would be silly in a teamfight because, as you said, that's completely free damage. I would only grab a straggler that gets separated, but even then I might just hit them. I with absolutely prioritize taking as little damage as possible with blocking, and not opening myself up for free damage. I will utilize my shift to, and use stalk+morph+shift to get a surprise attack from an odd angle if need be, but I'll probably just block you until your weapons break, or have a nice little chat during our stare off lmao

I mean maybe you just haven't faced a decent battle Jason yet that doesn't answer back to the aggressiveness. In a long, grueling fight, if the Jason knows how to block, he can last longer than the Counselors, as weapons will run dry and health will dwindle over time, even with medkit. This is just me, but if the Counselors are trying to kill me, even if I don't manage to kill all of them, if I survive then I'll take that as a win in my book. Mother will be happy as long as one dies lmao the key is to always watch your back, and Shift away when things get a little too crazy. It sounds weird that Jason may need to run sometimes, but that's, unfortunately in my opinion, how the game works sometimes.

Killing Jason is definitely the easiest win condition if you're on a coordinated team of 3+ people that know how to do it. Anecdotally: I've had nights where one of my regular groups killed Jason 5 games in a row.

6 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

Snip snip

Yes sweater girl does this by herself, but will delay that action if he gets the call that Jason is actually strong, but that is rarely ever the case. Her job is then to pick up the mask or do it with Jarvis in a duo.

Now blocking Jasons aren't a problem at all, because we do not strike into a block. There is no need to. Jason wants to follow us for minutes in turtle mode? That is no problem, but at some point he has to take action. We councellors dont. Will he try  ashiftgrab here and there? Of course they will, but even if he doesn't as I stated if he just as much as swings and plays legit he can be punished for that regardless of wether if he hit the guy in front of him or not it is enough time for the second guy to react and swing into him.

I understand that people keep hitting into block and it makes no sense except against spear Jason, but reality is that there is no need for councellors to attack at all. Worst case the car is used and he doesnt need to be rammed fullspeed. All you want to do is trigger the carbreaking animation so he is locked in that animation - boom machette hit.

Worst case is you time Jason out or everyone leaves via police, but if I fight passively as a Jason and as a result let pretty much everyone escape that is not me winning, but me avoiding to die.

2 hours ago, Pappus said:

Yes sweater girl does this by herself, but will delay that action if he gets the call that Jason is actually strong, but that is rarely ever the case. Her job is then to pick up the mask or do it with Jarvis in a duo.

Now blocking Jasons aren't a problem at all, because we do not strike into a block. There is no need to. Jason wants to follow us for minutes in turtle mode? That is no problem, but at some point he has to take action. We councellors dont. Will he try  ashiftgrab here and there? Of course they will, but even if he doesn't as I stated if he just as much as swings and plays legit he can be punished for that regardless of wether if he hit the guy in front of him or not it is enough time for the second guy to react and swing into him.

I understand that people keep hitting into block and it makes no sense except against spear Jason, but reality is that there is no need for councellors to attack at all. Worst case the car is used and he doesnt need to be rammed fullspeed. All you want to do is trigger the carbreaking animation so he is locked in that animation - boom machette hit.

Worst case is you time Jason out or everyone leaves via police, but if I fight passively as a Jason and as a result let pretty much everyone escape that is not me winning, but me avoiding to die.

I definitely still think in a teamfight Jason is at a major disadvantage. Like I said, Jason has to prioritize survival, which is something he shouldn't need to do. I think they need to adjust him in teamfights.

Also @Rydog since you seemed to be unavailable for our Sense Range/Stealth test, I went ahead and conducted my own test with Vanessa and AJ, thanks to @Psychosocial23. I like to see video evidence for everything, so I made some myself. Indeed, Stealth does not affect Sense, and you may use this as video evidence for your guide as well. Sorry for the clips being janky at points. Here it is:

Vanessa Test https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158000720

AJ Test https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158000924

2 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

I definitely still think in a teamfight Jason is at a major disadvantage. Like I said, Jason has to prioritize survival, which is something he shouldn't need to do. I think they need to adjust him in teamfights.

Also @Rydog since you seemed to be unavailable for our Sense Range/Stealth test, I went ahead and conducted my own test with Vanessa and AJ, thanks to @Psychosocial23. I like to see video evidence for everything, so I made some myself. Indeed, Stealth does not affect Sense, and you may use this as video evidence for your guide as well. Sorry for the clips being janky at points. Here it is:

Vanessa Test https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158000720

AJ Test https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158000924

I have been busy with some work commitments today (and will be for most of tomorrow and Tuesday as well), but I will definitely get to my testing to-do list this week.

2 minutes ago, Rydog said:

I have been busy with some work commitments today (and will be for most of tomorrow and Tuesday as well), but I will definitely get to my testing to-do list this week.

Don't worry, like I said, I did the test for the sense ranges. Stealth does not affect it. Very saddening that this is the case imo