horrorfangirl

Tips for catching ANNOYING councillors?

Anyone got any tips for catching these annoying little shits who keep jumping in and out of windows and you have run out of traps? I literally spent a full 5 minutes trying to catch one councillor who could way out run me and just kept running in and out of windows and cabins. They also run in zig zags so you can't use your spears. They are also armed to the teeth with pocket knives and yet when i play a councillor I cannot find any!

• Like 1

Just now, horrorfangirl said:

Anyone got any tips for catching these annoying little shits who keep jumping in and out of windows and you have run out of traps? I literally spent a full 5 minutes trying to catch one councillor who could way out run me and just kept running in and out of windows and cabins. They also run in zig zags so you can't use your spears. They are also armed to the teeth with pocket knives and yet when i play a councillor I cannot find any!

My best advice is to break windows, bust down doors, and most importantly don't let them take up too much of your time.

If they're that big of a nuisance, come back when you have rage.

• Like 5

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

I go for the Shift Grab while indoors lol it helps

Yeah I am trying to practise this. I always feel i have it about right and always end up way behind them. Sometimes I feel it should have been a grab easy and it isn't.

10 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

Yeah I am trying to practise this. I always feel i have it about right and always end up way behind them. Sometimes I feel it should have been a grab easy and it isn't.

Load up on throwing knifes. If you land one, it prevents them from entering the window for a short period of time.

46 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

Here's a checklist of things to consider.

1.) Break windows first then doors. 

2.) Use deductive reasoning. Pay attention to the counselors movements when they're inside a cabin. You should be able to hear them (climbing/jumping out of windows or opening locked doors). You can also see their flashlight from the windows so you'll know what part of the house/cabin they're in. Knock out the power as it will force them to keep their flashlight on to reduce their fear. If you're observant and quick with shift you can shift around the building to the window or door they're exiting from and grab them. Use sense periodically to see if they're still in the building.

3.) Target priority - If there are a lot of people still left in the game and I see a counselor juking in and out of BROKEN windows constantly, and I don't hear them using med sprays, I'll conclude that he/she is probably running the thick skinned perk and I may decide to prioritize someone else in the area if my Sense is showing someone else. . 

4.) Become more proficient with your shift / grab game. There are various mind games you can play with this ability such as activating it inside and waiting by the window you think they'll escape and re-enter from - grab them when they come back into the cabin. OR hack them/body block. They won't be able to exit that window.

5.) Melee attack or throwing a knife will interrupt the counselor from exiting windows. Improve your knife game. Even from outside a window aiming it through the window at the counselor exiting another window.

6.) If you're going for a new target across the map activate Stalk first then Morph so they won't be able to hear that you're close.

7.) If they're already in a cabin you can activate Stalk which may trick them into thinking you've left. Wait in one location so they cannot hear your movement. Wait for them to flee to another cabin/objective > Shift > Grab. 

8.) Hack the counselor until they're crippled. Continue to hack them if they're using med spray. Then try grabbing them or continue hacking them until they die. If you decide to grab them after they're crippled even if they have a pocket knife they aren't going to be able to sprint away. The only downside to this is that they can suicide via broken windows.

• Like 1

when they go to use the window throw a knife at them. It will stop them from going in or out of it. Just got to be quick with it.

29 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

PS4

Horrorfangirl - What's your PSN name? 

If you are inside and a person jumps out of a window, and you REALLY want to kill them, use your morph to position you outside of the house on the side they jumped out of, and as soon as you morph to the outside, shift on them and you can grab them before they even get up off the ground.

Alternatively, if someone does a slow crawl thru a window, you can hit them with a throwing knife and it'll cancel the animation, giving you time to close in.

Bust windows and doors, walk away for a minute, activate stalk and do a shift grab. Totally unsuspecting. Works for me when I play them!

The other night I had a Buggsy just running me around a sofa. I spent a couple minutes trying to catch the bastard but based on what the guy was saying, I could tell he wasn't planning on doing ANYTHING else other than wasting time/annoying me, so I let him be. Went off and killed the rest, then came back to him(He was LITERALLY in the same house). He did the same technique, but in the end it didn't matter, he runs out of stamina, Jason does NOT.

Basically weigh your options, the counselors that are most likely to loop you or "rope a dope" you are going to be the high stamina/low intelligence counselors and they just aren't much of a threat at the beginning of a match. Also like others have said, use those knives and perfect that shift/grab. 

5 hours ago, JDJ said:

Horrorfangirl - What's your PSN name? 

Lol first post and he's already stalking. Straight to the point! ?

• Like 2

I have had this problem even with breaking windows they must have thick skin cause going through broken windows doesnt seem to slow down players doing this strategy

7 hours ago, horrorfangirl said:

I got better at Shift+Grab when I combined Shift with Sense. It made it easier to see the target. As far as the window jumpers smash those windows. Some players still don't know you are slightly injured every time you jump or climb through a broken window. In my most successful Jason round so far I took out everyone on the map but my friend Von. He was easily the best player in the field and I knew catching him would be hell. So I stayed patient and kept homing in on him with Sense. Instead of rushing in and trying to grab him in whatever cabin he was hiding in I smashed all the windows first and walked through the door with Rage like a demonic Kool Aid Man. Von's response was to jump through the broken window every single time. The last time this played out I Morphed outside the cabin to find Von nearly out of health and moving slow. I dispatched him with a grab and gave him a GG. Von said "I wondered why you kept smashing the windows." Not bad for a player who just one Jason round before could not buy a kill on a counselor and ended up letting the entire field escape. 

If you really want to get them, do the following when you're Jason:

1)  Hit the Options button

2)  Select the option to exit the game and return to the main menu.

Sure, you won't gain any XP by doing this, but neither will they. ;)

Put traps, if you have any left, on windows that are a fair distance from a door you you broke down.

For example, if there are open windows behind a couch or something that someone can use to kite you, place traps there.

Then wait for your shift to come back. Then go in there, they will have to A, run around you to the door, or go through the window with the open door next to it, or hit That trap.

If they do the first or last, use shift and stab the shit outta them.

If they do the second one, just walk out the door and stab the shit outta them.

Most people that try to do that have pocket knives for when they eventually get caught, so don't grab them.

2 hours ago, Grave461 said:

If you really want to get them, do the following when you're Jason:

1)  Hit the Options button

2)  Select the option to exit the game and return to the main menu.

Sure, you won't gain any XP by doing this, but neither will they. ;)

I am pretty sure counselors get xp if Jason leaves the match. I've had a couple quick matches where the "you survived" screen just randomly popped up and the xp screen then follows. The jason had left.

Only time no one gets matchxp is if the host leaves (but I believe you still get "petty" xp, aka from repairing and barricading, etc)

9 hours ago, SciGuy said:

Lol first post and he's already stalking. Straight to the point! ?

I wish jason had a stalk this good ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

Bust windows and doors, walk away for a minute, activate stalk and do a shift grab. Totally unsuspecting. Works for me when I play them!

This is a good tip; Bunt actually caught me last night using this method and it's not that often I actually get shift grabbed.

Here are my personal tips:

1. Break windows. People always jump in and out of windows when they're being chased; at least breaking them will cause them some damage so the more they do it, the more likely they are to hurt themselves to the point where they can't sprint anymore.
  2. Use throwing knives. Good idea to collect these from everywhere you see them, and be careful when aiming them too. Better to not throw one than to throw and miss.
  3. Practice shift grab. It can be a nuisance to get this one down sometimes, especially if the counsellors zig-zag or run through obstacles and cause you to get stuck. I find that letting them get a bit of distance before activating shift works better than using it when you're right behind them, as they don't know when you're going to appear.
  4. Stalk and shift make it very hard to tell when Jason is shifting. Use them together and it's a winning combo. Otherwise, you can always intercept a counsellor by looking at your map, seeing which cabin they're heading towards, then morphing to it and hiding inside with stalk activated so they run right into you. I've caught dozens of people like that.

Don't spend too much time on one person, focus on controlling objectives and raising fear for the first 10 minutes. Chase people down when there's not a lot going on and all the power is off, and once you get rage it becomes a lot easier :) Hope this helps.