ThePS101

Do you prefer playing as a counselor or Jason?

Do you prefer playing as a counselor or jason?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What preference do you have

• Jason
    • Counselor
    • No preference

I voted no preference.  I like playing as both, but currently I'm not that great at being Jason, so I've got my in game preference set to Jason because I need the practice.

I have my game preference set as Jason mainly because I need the practice.

But I definitely have more fun as a counselor.

• Like 2

Counselor for sure. Playing as Jason is far too easy 90% of the time. Just snuffing out lone wolf Counselors...not much fun to it. I really enjoy the rounds where the Counselors make me work for my kills and we have a good fight over the cars or something. But those are few and far between. Even a lot of the people I play Private with know that when I get Jason, they're basically fucked lol. And these guys are good players (DerekRubyShow, GhostShadow, the whole gang) Maybe I'm just too good at playing Jason :P

If the average player actually knew how to play as a Counselor, I'd maybe change my preference to Jason. But for now, Counselor just feels a lot more challenging and fun. Plus, I love the search / repair element of being a Counselor. That's funner than anything Jason can do.

I enjoy both sides about the same. It all depends on the time of day and my mood.

I don't enjoy Jason at all. Never have. I suppose I like to be the "mouse" in the game of cat and mouse. Playing counselor is far more thrilling and fun to me.

I have recently started to just leave at the start of games I get selected as jason (totally ass-backwards from what most people experience - usually people leave because they don't get jason lmao)

I am not going to play for a potential 20 minutes in match I don't enjoy. I just leave, every counselor gets their 500 or whatever xp. I see it as a win for me, and a win for them. I get to play another match that I will "enjoy" as a counselor, and the rest get the fastest 500 xp possible, and get another shot at getting jason

Counselor is different because if I die, I can just hang out and wait till its over, or afk and do something else till its over. 

With jason, i have to be engaged the entire match (again, playing something i do not enjoy in the slightest)

Jason feels like... a "chore" to me personally.

• Like 1

My in-game preference is set to Jason, but I voted for counselor and here's why.

I feel like I'm a bad Jason. I've had my share of 7/7 and 8/8 but I'm not immune to a 2/7 3/8 round. Especially with solid counselors. I play with Part 2 in part because I'm a fan of the trap game, and after using random for a while, there are some Jason's I can't play with to save my life.

I feel like I have higher anxiety/stress when playing Jason. You want to perform well and it's always tense trying to stop a counselor.

I feel more accomplished as a counselor when I contribute and help out. I'll always give up my seat on an escape vehicle regardless of who did the work.

i like playing as both, though i'm better as a councilor. i was jason last night for the first time in two and a half weeks despite having my preferences set to him. not complaining, but i feel like i'm picked to be jason so infrequently that when i do get the chance, i spend the first half of the round knocking the rust off. 

plus you can't teabag dead councilors.

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

My in-game preference is set to Jason, but I voted for counselor and here's why.

I feel like I'm a bad Jason. I've had my share of 7/7 and 8/8 but I'm not immune to a 2/7 3/8 round. Especially with solid counselors. I play with Part 2 in part because I'm a fan of the trap game, and after using random for a while, there are some Jason's I can't play with to save my life.

I feel like I have higher anxiety/stress when playing Jason. You want to perform well and it's always tense trying to stop a counselor.

I feel more accomplished as a counselor when I contribute and help out. I'll always give up my seat on an escape vehicle regardless of who did the work.

That's the only fun part about being Jason, if you ask me...While the Counselors obviously have to work to survive, the pressure is all on Jason. It's totally up to him how difficult the round is gonna be.

But I definitely feel like the anxiety and stress more while playing Jason against good Counselors. Which, like I said, is few and far between...But it's great when it does happen.

I had my first 4/8 round in a LONG time yesterday...4 Counselors in a car got away because the driver was driving backwards and was really good at preventing me from stopping them. We also had a great fight for them to get the car started. Got stunned twice before they could get going. Kept pulling the driver out. But eventually they got away. Kudos to them.

All I want in this game at this point is COMPETENT players. It's fairly straightforward. I don't understand how some Counselors are so terrible and clueless. For the most part, teamwork and communication have already died and the game has only been out a month. I realize there's new players all the time...But shit.

I like play Jason, because I do not play so well to the point where matches become monotonous, yet.
When I'm a counselor, I'm often get frustrated by the lack of communication from some (I play a lot in QP) and depend on the performance of others.
As Jason, the fun is guaranteed for me.

I enjoy both. Though I always feel a great sense of responsibility when I'm Jason to give the other players a good time by chasing them, scaring them, and giving them a good death.

2 hours ago, malloymk said:

I have my game preference set as Jason mainly because I need the practice.

But I definitely have more fun as a counselor.

This.  I am the exact way.

Counselors because I find it more challenging and they're expected to die. If you kill nobody as Jason or only one person , it looks bad on you.

• Like 2

I have my game preference set as Jason because who doesn't want to be Jason?! But I voted for No Preference because I'd hate to be Jason all the time. 

I've been playing since day 1, and I'm at the point of usually always killing 7/7 or 8/8. I go hard and it's a whole production. I'd hate to finish that game and then turn around to do it again, and again, and again. 

I really like the way it is now. As a counselor, I can play stealthy or go hard as Bugsy and beat up on Jason. There's a lot more options and sometimes I just want to play relaxed, get through the match, and collect my points. 

I chose no preference because I love them both.

The best part of playing Jason has been seeing the regs in my group up their game. As I have gotten better at being Jason (I'm pretty darn good) they have gotten better as well. It's not easy to get 7/7 or 8/8 anymore. It's a fair fight and I love it.

I like being a counselor because it's really fun to be part of a good team. Being with people who enjoy playing with each other and take the game seriously is one of the best video game experiences I've had in my life. 

All the games I played I’m the one of the best Jason’s one in a bluemoon one person escapes but most of the time like 96% of the time everybody dies

Jason, hands down. Although I agree there is more "stress" playing as Jason because if you screw up and someone gets away, there is NO one to blame but yourself. 

I wish this game had a lobby system like Dead By Daylight where you could choose to be either Jason or the counselors and it'd throw you into a lobby with those looking to play the opposite. 

I dont have a preference but after a while of being counselor theres the rounds where im just thinking please give me jason.

Councilors, hands down.

It's so much fun spawning and instantly having to dash to get supplies, weapons and to find your friends. Then you have to figure a way out. You also get to choose how you play; whether it be stealth or speed. Whereas Jason only gets brutality. 

I just wish it was possible to get as many CP points while playing councilor. 

Jason in public groups from the 7th layer of Hell (mute em all and have fun at my own pace ).

Jason or counselor when playing with friends.

I guess id have to say no preference. Im not that good at Jason so i put a lot of pressure on myself to get the kills. I hate the thought of Jason looking bad just because im the moron controlling him. However when i have that game where i kill everyone with various death animations it's the greatest feeling. On the flip side I feel no pressure or stress playing as a counselor. I'm expected to die so when I do it's no big deal. It's a pretty great feeling when you do escape (especially in a coordinated group) but it's not quite the same high as killing everyone. But it comes with less stress.