When players hear the word "balance" they think people want to make jason into a worthless dope that only gets a few kills per game on average. Of course the game should be about sticking to how Jason is a character to be feared and who kills almost everyone who gets in his way in the movies, and to feel powerful when playing as jason. I WANT TO STAY TRUE TO A BADASS JASON JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO. I see so much confusion over what people mean when they say balance, so let me clear up what the word means.

Players  are confused about adding balance as if it was making it so all counselors can escape 50% of the time, BUT thats NOT what i mean by balance. Balance is talking about if the jason has the SAME skill as a counselor, how many counselors he should be able of killing statistically on average. This is up to debate- it should not be 0 and should also not be 8, though. In my opinion It should probably be at least 4 counselors but not be 7 or 8 because a skilled jason would get the same score against these "average" players. Playing games are fun because you get better, you learn, and in this game you should get BETTER at surviving if you are willing to LEARN.

Balance is about the case that if you are more skilled than jason, your chances of survival should be higher, that's it. Your chances for survival should not be LUCK entirely- this is not balanced, in fact it would barely be a game more like a slot machine. Balance means skilled players on either side do better, balance also means that getting killed by jason in every scenario should theoretically have been preventable, but NOT preventable for the full 20 minute game!-- due to skill alone. Balance is about taking to account the the skill levels of players, at the utmost extreme  the difference between an unskilled jason vs a skilled counselor survival time should be higher than the average survival time. 

TLDR: Balance does NOT mean nerfing jason.

• Like 3

My issue with balance in this game actually has nothing to do with Jason. I want to see balance among counselors, because it seems that some stats are basically useless in the current build of the game. 5 people playing AJ isn't fun, and you never see counselors like Chad or Jenny. There is just something sub-par about some of the counselors.

14 hours ago, havek said:

This is up to debate- it should not be 0 and should also not be 8, though. In my opinion It should probably be at least 4 counselors but not be 7 or 8 because a skilled jason would get the same score against these "average" players.

Balance is about the case that if you are more skilled than jason, your chances of survival should be higher, that's it. Your chances for survival should not be LUCK entirely- this is not balanced, in fact it would barely be a game more like a slot machine. Balance means skilled players on either side do better, balance also means that getting killed by jason in every scenario should theoretically have been preventable, but NOT preventable for the full 20 minute game!-- due to skill alone. Balance is about taking to account the the skill levels of players, at the utmost extreme  the difference between an unskilled jason vs a skilled counselor survival time should be higher than the average survival time. 

TLDR: Balance does NOT mean nerfing jason.

I would say to have balance you do need to have a baseline to shoot for. In this case I would say that an "average" skilled Jason versus and "average" skilled counselor group, assuming a full lobby, Jason should kill 6/7 or 6/8. It holds with the horror theme that the "final" girl or guy (and possible strap hanger) survive to tell the tale. Translating that kind of statistical average into a game with RNG all over and customizable perk slots is very hard. This does not, of course, even take into account skill level variance. A really good Jason against "average" or "poor" skilled counselors will probably take them all out...likewise due to RNG, a really good group of counselors may get wiped out if they simply can't find the parts and items they need to get an escape (or maybe they just spawn in an unfortunate area). A group of "awesome" skilled counselors will likely still have a hard time if they don't have mics to communicate (I still don't know why people even play this game without one).

I like your post havek.

I guess what someone thinks the "baseline" should be is the cause of all the discussion. Average v. Average I think the game should be "balanced" to create the whole "final girl or guy" trope. 1 or 2 counselors will get away. The rest die.

I still would like the game where each counselor is only available once. There shouldn't be 4 vanessas running around. 

4 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I would say to have balance you do need to have a baseline to shoot for. In this case I would say that an "average" skilled Jason versus and "average" skilled counselor group, assuming a full lobby, Jason should kill 6/7 or 6/8. It holds with the horror theme that the "final" girl or guy (and possible strap hanger) survive to tell the tale. Translating that kind of statistical average into a game with RNG all over and customizable perk slots is very hard. This does not, of course, even take into account skill level variance. A really good Jason against "average" or "poor" skilled counselors will probably take them all out...likewise due to RNG, a really good group of counselors may get wiped out if they simply can't find the parts and items they need to get an escape (or maybe they just spawn in an unfortunate area). A group of "awesome" skilled counselors will likely still have a hard time if they don't have mics to communicate (I still don't know why people even play this game without one).

I like your post havek.

I guess what someone thinks the "baseline" of average should be is what many people debate.

I agree with the 5-6 kill count in a lobby of evenly matched players. 4 is reasonable but I personally feel it's a bit low. Average should round out to be roughly seventy percent of all counselors. 

I also feel like that's kind of the balance it has now no?

A good Jason versus a good counselor should be at a horrible disadvantage. A good Jason versus a bad counselor....maybe, maybe 10 percent. 

As far as counselor skill versus any Jason, you're odds never get higher than 50/50. Shi(f)t happens.