ItsYaBoyJL81

Why do I always die first when I'm a counselor?

I usually play with with AJ or Deborah which are two of the stealthiest counselors. But for some reason it seems like I'm always the first one dead even if I don't spawn near a car or the phone house, while buggzy or Adam are running around without being detected. I jog mostly in the game, so it isn't like I'm generating much noise when the marxh begins. I'm just curious if this happens to anyone else bc it seems to constantly happen to me. 

1 hour ago, ItsYaBoyJL81 said:

I usually play with with AJ or Deborah which are two of the stealthiest counselors. But for some reason it seems like I'm always the first one dead even if I don't spawn near a car or the phone house, while buggzy or Adam are running around without being detected. I jog mostly in the game, so it isn't like I'm generating much noise when the marxh begins. I'm just curious if this happens to anyone else bc it seems to constantly happen to me. 

Are you trying to fix things? Jason usually traps the car and phone first. If you find a battery or something don't run to install. Instead meet up with the group and go together so people can keep and eye out or disarm traps. If you just run there to install he will usually morph close by and grab you 

4 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Are you trying to fix things? Jason usually traps the car and phone first. If you find a battery or something don't run to install. Instead meet up with the group and go together so people can keep and eye out or disarm traps. If you just run there to install he will usually morph close by and grab you 

Coordinating with the team to get on call on when his Morph is on cooldown can give you time to disarm/tank the trap if you have a medkit. IMO the sooner things get done the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Coordinating with the team to get on call on when his Morph is on cooldown can give you time to disarm/tank the trap if you have a medkit. IMO the sooner things get done the better.

Agreed. But blindly running with the battery to the car in the first couple minutes can be suicide 

If it's the beginning of the game and you hear Jason's music while you are inside of one of the larger houses (and you are reasonably sure that he's not looking at you through a window) than hide inside/under something until his music stops. Even if he busts the door down, most Jasons don't want to spend the time destroying every hiding spot that early in the game (especially if they still have objectives to trap).

I haven't played Deb much, so I'm not sure how well this would work with her "5" in Composure, but it always works well for me as A.J.

I always play as Deborah and that ALWAYS used to happen to me.  Here is a few things to remember:

If you spawn near a CAR - RUN

If you spawn near the main house - RUN

If you spawn in Blair's Cove - RUN

Other than that, just remember that Jason cannot sense immediately.  So even if you hear his music, just hide.  There have been times when he teleports to me right away, I leave the doors unlocked (so he thinks the house is untouched) and climb out a back window and crouch until he's gone.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You do still make noise pings when jogging. If Jason is close enough he can see them. You only have a minute or two where you're ok to jog for sure. Once he's done at the phone and car it's in your best interest to crouch walk unless you know Jason is off fucking with someone else.

1 hour ago, Zenbro0615 said:

I always play as Deborah and that ALWAYS used to happen to me.  Here is a few things to remember:

If you spawn near a CAR - RUN

If you spawn near the main house - RUN

If you spawn in Blair's Cove - RUN

Other than that, just remember that Jason cannot sense immediately.  So even if you hear his music, just hide.  There have been times when he teleports to me right away, I leave the doors unlocked (so he thinks the house is untouched) and climb out a back window and crouch until he's gone.

Good luck!

Alternatively you can just run away if you have anyone with higher than 4 stamina. He doesn't have shift at the start either, so he should only really be able to chase down the slowest counselors.

4 hours ago, DEATH said:

You do still make noise pings when jogging. If Jason is close enough he can see them. You only have a minute or two where you're ok to jog for sure. Once he's done at the phone and car it's in your best interest to crouch walk unless you know Jason is off fucking with someone else.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that with A.J's high stealth stat, you can jog as much as you want without Jason being able to detect the pings. Unless the developers changed something in the latest patch/patches, this video shows it.

http://plays.tv/video/59367b78c195c10919/the-truth-behind-aj-and-stealth

It's easy to outrun Jason in the early game. He only has morph available to begin with, and it takes a few minutes before he gets sense. At the beginning of the game everyone's fear level is at it's lowest, so sense is not very effective until he starts scaring people by knocking off the power or attacking them.

You can use sprint to get far enough away from him that you're out of sight, at which point he can only guess where you are with morph. Early game Jasons don't often chase 1 counsellor for lengthy periods of time (or at least that's been my experience so far). Pay close attention to the 'Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma' sounds to find out when he gets new powers, as it's the second time you hear that when he gets shift. 

Sometimes it's bad luck where you spawn in the game but I can understand getting frustrated when you're the first one killed.  It happened to me a couple games in a row then you got to sit n watched everybody else for 15 or more minutes till the next one.

After that, you just try to play more careful & get away from the high traffic objective areas at first  

9 hours ago, ItsYaBoyJL81 said:

When playing a stealthy character like AJ or Deborah, like other have said, stay away from Objectives(Phone, cars, boat) at first.  A good Jason will morph to those locations immediately to trap them.  Also, try to keep your distance from the least stealthy characters like Vanessa and Bugsy.  They'll attract Jason with all their noise making and lead him straight to you.  Try to limit your jogging out in the open.  You're an easier target to find out there than in a cabin.  Keep your fear down. Stay in lit areas, use your flashlight, find other counselors to be with(stealthy ones).  Get perks that increase stealth and fear reduction. 

@anthonymorales that comment wasn't constructive. Let's try to be helpful and add to the conversation. 

I think what a lot of players fail to do is manage fear. You can't be walking through the woods in a low crawl without your flashlight and think you won't be found. Running dies generate noise if Jason is close enough he will see you running. Try rolling some perks that lower the chance of being detected by Jason's sense ability and reduction to noise generation. If you are playing a stealthy character you will definitely want to add onto your skill set. 

Me, I am a runner. I like to get into the action and get out of the action fast. So I use Vanessa. I also have perks with increased stamina so I have a little more wiggle room in terms of escape if it goes wrong. 

The more you play the more you will find what correct actions you should take. Sometimes however you will just have a run of bad luck. Depending on the Jason they don't necessarily go straight to the car. Me, I like to cut power around the map so if you happen to be near a generator that I cut the power to and I hear you in that cabin well, that's another story. 

• Like 1

I always die first as well lol but I will tell you if you want to survive longer quickly pair up with other councelors (Safety In Numbers) so if jason grabs you someone can hit him freeing you! 

It may also be that AJ is known to be slow and have low stamina. When I'm Jason I seek out AJ's early game because I've had more then one disappear at some point and wait down the clock. Late game I never heard them, never sensed them and this is with taking out power/breaking windows to try and scare them. 

Happens to the best of us sometimes. I've been killed first a few times, and I am at level 72 lol.

11 hours ago, ItsYaBoyJL81 said:

1. Just dumb luck?

2. What Perks do you have equipped? Check the negative effects of them to make sure thy are not giving you more noise or fear. I have a Level Headed the gives me +14% sense avoidance chance and -0% noise generating penalty. Sense is Jason's Predator vision, as I like to call it and he can spot anyone from a good distance away. Having fear can easily give you away so any perk that lowers that or doesn't add to it can be useful.

3. A smart Jason seems to typically go after the stealth counselors first because they can be a royal pain later in the match especially if that player using these stealth counselors know how to really play them. Its a big map when you have to hunt down someone who is playing hide and seek.

4. Deborah has great repair/intelligence skill and AJ has really good repair/intelligence. So just like 3 above, you may be a target because you are a threat to repair the car, boat and phone while being stealthy.

5. Are any other players near you when Jason finds you? If you are next to near to someone playing with low stealth like Adam and Brandon 'Buggzy' in your example, they will give you away, so its best to stay away from them as mush as possible. If you can, team up with another stealthy counselor.

6. Are you in game chat and talking with other players? If so, you have to remember that the player playing as Jason can hear what you are saying. You may be giving yourself away by saying what you are doing or where you are headed. A fatal flaw even when using the walkie-talkies if Jason is near the one speaking.  

7. Try running for a short bit then crouch to regain stamina when you are not able to get into a building.  

Sometimes it just boils down to bad luck. I've yet to find a person to beat my time of dying. I died once in 15 seconds! Literally spawned next to door. Opened door. Just as I did music hit because Jason literally spawned right next to me. Grabbed and instantly killed! lol... it was hysterical! 

But like Pops said, some of those perks can be invaluable, and NORMALLY you're pretty safe in first few minutes. Just stay calm and search search search!

• Like 1

The only time I ever got killed in the first four is when I spawn at Packanack.  Do you stay there or the big farm house?  Get the hell out of there...it is like the cornocopia in the Hunger Games  LOL

I'm using A.J., and I  being spotted first alot. Spawning close to the car, going into the closest house (jogging of course), I don't locking the door, then Jason's music starts, he puts traps near the car. I just staying behind walls, or corners, so Jason can't see me, but then I constate he's comin into my house... Then I just: "wtf I just spawned, have zero fear, have high stealth, how the hell Jason sniffed me..." So I don't understand the game's mechanic sometimes.

I think a lot of it depends on where you spawn. Like if you're by the phone there's a good chance Jason is probably going to end up to your part of the map first.

The two floor cabins are usually a death sentence as well. If I start in one my first move is to get the hell out of there.

Even if you're using a stealth character there's a chance you'll still be seen through a window, or your flashlight will be a giveaway or you'll be heard on mic.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:11 AM, TestedTwice said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that with A.J's high stealth stat, you can jog as much as you want without Jason being able to detect the pings. Unless the developers changed something in the latest patch/patches, this video shows it.

http://plays.tv/video/59367b78c195c10919/the-truth-behind-aj-and-stealth

No. If you watch your mini map while jogging she does make pings. They are just smaller and as I said before Jason has to be real close to see them.

On 6/28/2017 at 11:18 PM, RKSDooM said:

If it's the beginning of the game and you hear Jason's music while you are inside of one of the larger houses (and you are reasonably sure that he's not looking at you through a window) than hide inside/under something until his music stops. Even if he busts the door down, most Jasons don't want to spend the time destroying every hiding spot that early in the game (especially if they still have objectives to trap).

I haven't played Deb much, so I'm not sure how well this would work with her "5" in Composure, but it always works well for me as A.J.

Don't do this.  Whatever you do do not try hiding.  I'm sick of this meme.  It doesn't work.  I had a salty AJ pissed that I found them a few matches ago trying this.  The Deb who ran her ass off fleeing the phone cabin made it further into the match, the AJ who got salty when I went right for his hiding place and started cussing at me and jumped out and got hat racked  did not.

Jason morphs to the phones within under 10s of the match starting.  By the time you notice the phones, it's too late to hide and expect that Jason didn't see you.  Jason gets sense at 45s, and the cabin will probably glow red outside of RKSDooM's contrived "testing" situations any real match situation you're already dead if you climb in a closet or under a bed at the beginning.

This guy was special though.I saw soundpings when I morphed, and I immediately hit the power box on the cabin he was in before I turned around and trapped the phone box.  You know, giving him time to escape while I trapped  and smashed the doors and windows of the phone cabin first (and saw a Deb fleeing).  This guy though, must have been following RKSDooM's advice, he tried hiding in a closet.  Like I said.  I heard the character make noise when I smashed the power, I saw sound pings in there where I first arrived, and after trapping the phones and softening up the door and front window, I used sense.. red cabin, his dumbass was still in there, incredulous that I found him right away.

Don't be that guy.  You have a better chance if you run while Jason's morph is on cooldown and he doesn't have shift yet.

On 6/29/2017 at 5:11 AM, Kodiak said:

It's easy to outrun Jason in the early game. He only has morph available to begin with, and it takes a few minutes before he gets sense. At the beginning of the game everyone's fear level is at it's lowest, so sense is not very effective until he starts scaring people by knocking off the power or attacking them.

You can use sprint to get far enough away from him that you're out of sight, at which point he can only guess where you are with morph. Early game Jasons don't often chase 1 counsellor for lengthy periods of time (or at least that's been my experience so far). Pay close attention to the 'Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma' sounds to find out when he gets new powers, as it's the second time you hear that when he gets shift. 

A lot of noob Jasons WILL tunnel early in the match they may even blow all their traps trying to secure that first kill because they're so thirsty, they'll completely ignore objectives to hound that 1 person for a kill.  For everyone else in the match it's great, uninterrupted time working on objectives.  For that one player though it really sucks because you're probably going to get about 0 extra experience aside from match completion, and you're going to be in spectate a long time.

Oh and Jason gets sense in 45s, not "a few minutes"  he gets shift at 2:15.  I usually have sense before I leave the first cabin I morph to.. because while I don't want to tunnel people early, I want to scare them from the phone cabin so I don't get a 5 minute timer put on having fun.  Which is why if you flee you'll probably survive further into the match, if you hide you have to die because I can't just let someone chill next to the phones.

On 6/29/2017 at 2:15 PM, Lacek84 said:

I'm using A.J., and I  being spotted first alot. Spawning close to the car, going into the closest house (jogging of course), I don't locking the door, then Jason's music starts, he puts traps near the car. I just staying behind walls, or corners, so Jason can't see me, but then I constate he's comin into my house... Then I just: "wtf I just spawned, have zero fear, have high stealth, how the hell Jason sniffed me..." So I don't understand the game's mechanic sometimes.

If Jason morphs next to a cabin you're in, even as a stealthy character like Deb or AJ Jason will probably see sound pings in the cabin which not only tell him that you're in the cabin, but generally where in the cabin you are.  45s into the match he gets sense and that cabin will light up red telling him you're in there.  Not to mention, if you use a hiding place, Jason will hear your character get scared and say things uncontrollably.  If you use hold Breath, Jason will hear you inhale at the beginning, and rapidly pant at the end.  it's just not that effective.  It also gives Jason more xp when he kills you.

Hiding places are great at reducing built up fear if you know Jason's nowhere near you, or.. if there's MANY counselors in a cabin and Jason doesn't visibly see you and he doesn't know HOW MANY people are in that cabin, if everyone but you flees the cabin there's a possibility that Jason won't know there was 1 extra that's still there, and sense is probably on cooldown now and he has people to chase fleeing the cabin.  Congrats you bought yourself a little time with a hiding place, but don't just stay there.

27 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Jason morphs to the phones within under 10s of the match starting.  By the time you notice the phones, it's too late to hide and expect that Jason didn't see you.  Jason gets sense at 45s, and the cabin will probably glow red outside of RKSDooM's contrived "testing" situations any real match situation you're already dead if you climb in a closet or under a bed at the beginning.

:lol:

"RKSDooM's contrived "testing" situations" = Just playing the game with others in a totally normal way up through level 50 something.

I have never, ever "tested" anything with anyone, just played the game.

And my advice has worked just fine for me, thanks, otherwise I wouldn't have offered it.

It sucks when other people have to tear down advice given in good faith that doesn't conform to their own experiences instead of just offering their own advice in good faith.

I guess they don't understand how small and insecure it makes them look.

HUGS AND KISSES I Hate Spectate, FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF! 

• Like 2