Lacek84

Spawning as Tommy Jarvis without a walkie PS4 (video)

1 hour ago, Lacek84 said:

I couldn't pick up one either.

This part happened to me as Tommy. Did you by any chance die/get grabbed while picking up a walkie talkie as your counselor?

7 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

This part happened to me as Tommy. Did you by any chance die/get grabbed while picking up a walkie talkie as your counselor?

I don't think so, but I'll check my recording later to be 100% sure.

It looks like your mic was muted or something as the game was registering you as having one, hence why the drawer shut while having the X button prompt.

6 hours ago, Benallan17 said:

It looks like your mic was muted or something as the game was registering you as having one, hence why the drawer shut while having the X button prompt.

No it wasn't muted, you can see the indicator when I'm talking.

20 minutes ago, Lacek84 said:

No it wasn't muted, you can see the indicator when I'm talking.

Yeah sorry, the part as Tommy I originally watched never showed you talking. The game clearly registered you having one but when speaking it didn't somehow. 

As far as I have seen and know this should be the problem but I'm not 100% sure of it.

If you die as a counselor and you did not have a radio when you died you won't have one when you respawn as Tommy Jarvis either. Sometimes it showns you do but it's not. It will then work as a local mic like when you don't have a radio yet and you have to be close to somebody before they can hear you talk

5 hours ago, VesperAngel89 said:

As far as I have seen and know this should be the problem but I'm not 100% sure of it.

If you die as a counselor and you did not have a radio when you died you won't have one when you respawn as Tommy Jarvis either. Sometimes it showns you do but it's not. It will then work as a local mic like when you don't have a radio yet and you have to be close to somebody before they can hear you talk

Tommy always spawns with a walkie and map in his invertory (if there's no glitch).

6 hours ago, Lacek84 said:

Tommy always spawns with a walkie and map in his invertory (if there's no glitch).

That's true but it will not always work as a normal walkie talkie if you didn't have one when you died as a counselor and in this case he hadn't one when he died