Switters

Can a Dev confirm whether or not the PhD in Murder trophy is glitched for PS4?

I'd really like either an answer from the Devs or a link to where they may have addressed this directly. A LOT of people talking about this one but so far all I've found is conjecture.

So far there have been many throwing in their two cents on why this trophy is (thus far) unobtainable, and I'd really like an answer from the Devs because there's too much misinformation out there. Some say there's an obscure Environmental/Context kill that hasn't been discovered yet, or that there's one that's glitched and yet to be patched. Some say it's related/required as part of the "Torpedo" badge that was fixed in a previous patch.

Some people also ran around telling everyone how to get the "Teddy Protector" trophy that was never even achievable on the PS4, many people have been spreading misinformation regarding Pamela Voorhees tapes and many were spreading rumors that Pamela Voorhees was to be a playable character after a recent patch.

Like I said, too much conjecture or plain old misinformation out there, I'd like to hear from the Devs themselves about this trophy. I've maxed out almost all my badges and this is one of the last trophies I need to platinum the game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, just that's also as far as I know as well, what I'd like to know is what the Devs know to be fact.

I would like a Developer to speak on this also. I don't think I have read anything directly from them.

• Like 1

Its not bugged you have to get every kill with 1 jason and 3 unqiue kills with all jasons plus all environmental kills in the game which is alot 

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Its not bugged you have to get every kill with 1 jason and 3 unqiue kills with all jasons plus all environmental kills in the game which is alot 

You don't think people have already done that? People have been trying for days going over every single kill with every different Jason etc No one on Xbox one or Ps4 has got the achievement/trophy, it is bugged. 

1 hour ago, Geometrek said:

You don't think people have already done that? People have been trying for days going over every single kill with every different Jason etc No one on Xbox one or Ps4 has got the achievement/trophy, it is bugged. 

Theres so many environmental kills no way to find them all unless your looking go to each place, theres 2 in the graveyard on higgins that i didn't know about. So its not bugged people just don't look for them.

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Theres so many environmental kills no way to find them all unless your looking go to each place, theres 2 in the graveyard on higgins that i didn't know about. So its not bugged people just don't look for them.

I did not know about the graveyard kills, awesome. I tried finding one in Jason's shack but didn't see anything. I think it would be cool smashing their heads into the table in front of his mothers head.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Like I said before, people have solely dedicated going through every environmental kill on all three levels, every kill with Jason or variation in kill for the beds, the cupboard, and so on and so on.

The graveyard kills have been known for a while now.  

The update before the new one coming soon was meant to fix this achievement but it did not, this latest one coming is meant to address achievements as well on all platforms. 

https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1097035#vch

On 6/28/2017 at 11:11 AM, Benallan17 said:

It's not the trophy that's bugged, it's the boat kill as far as I know.

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

All due respect, Ashley, but evidence points to the contrary. The game has been out less than five weeks and every achievement has been proven obtainable save for this one and Killer Franchise which cannot be unlocked until all other 50 trophies have been achieved. People figured out how to kill Jason within days. Every glitch and exploit has been pored over by certain players. Do you really think this is just a matter of people not looking for them, the environmental kills? You'd be wrong. I've done private matches with friends and searched every inch of each map for the environmental/context kills, and we've done them. I've done every grab kill, Jason-specific weapon kill, even went through and did a slash kill with every single specific Jason's weapon whether it be axe, machete, pitchfork, etc. Killed in traps, killed with knives. Until a developer chimes in, time will be the arbiter of reason as to who of us are right and who is wrong, but I'd bet that as soon as the next patch is out, that trophy is going to pop because a required kill is, as of now, broken, not unfound.

• Like 1