So in Jason takes Manhattan, Jason scares off a group of punks by turning and raising his mask towards them. What if Jason can raise his mask temporarily, and anyone who sees him suffers a fear penalty, like seeing a body? (Only if you stare directly at him.) While his mask his up, he could suffer more stun penalty, (Easier to stun, or more time) And would have to stop and put it back down. It would use the Q slot, like the sweater.

• Like 2

Interesting. It could work. It could be used to defend against gang assaults. Just imagine you got 5 or so counselors ready to rumble with you, you lift up your mask and "AAAHHH!" everyone jumps back. If they did this they might have to tweak how fear works. Currently I think Jason instills the same amount of fear with his mask on or off. They'd have to code it so that when Jason's mask is knocked off he instills more fear. I would also say if Jason gets hit while using this power, then the mask falls off in one hit.

Good idea, but I think it should only be a one time use ability though. I just don't see jason flashing his mask periodically throughout the game as something that makes sense.

10 minutes ago, havek said:

Good idea, but I think it should only be a one time use ability though. I just don't see jason flashing his mask periodically throughout the game as something that makes sense.

I was thinking of having it so it only works once for each counseler, and works MUCH better if you have stalk enabled.

8 minutes ago, ColasCorner said:

I was thinking of having it so it only works once for each counseler, and works MUCH better if you have stalk enabled.

This would still make it seem that revealing his face is what jason does often in movies, but he doesn't, in fact i think when it happens it happens only once in the whole movie when it does happen. I think it's a good idea to have the fear mechanic play when jason comes out of stalk, regardless of if he has the mask. Right now stalk isn't really being used how it's supposed to, its just used with shift to grab people. In fact, i think that revealing the mask even once per match with no prerequisites is a bit much. It would be more fun if a specific mechanic triggered this ability, e.g. walking into his mother's cabin will enable this ability for jason to balance the sweater, or if it could be used  late game. It's a little strange story wise for jason to reveal his face early in the game, it wouldn't happen in movies either.

Just now, havek said:

This would still make it seem that revealing his face is what jason does often in movies, but he doesn't, in fact i think when it happens it happens only once in the whole movie when it does happen. I think it's a good idea to have the fear mechanic play when jason comes out of stalk, regardless of if he has the mask. Right now stalk isn't really being used how it's supposed to, its just used with shift to grab people. In fact, i think that revealing the mask even once per match with no prerequisites is a bit much. It would be more fun if a specific mechanic triggered this ability, e.g. walking into his mother's cabin will enable this ability for jason to balance the sweater, or if it could be used  late game. It's a little strange story wise for jason to reveal his face early in the game, it wouldn't happen in movies either.

Hm, what about at half rage charge, he can raise it temporarily, scaring any nearby counselers?

36 minutes ago, ColasCorner said:

Hm, what about at half rage charge, he can raise it temporarily, scaring any nearby counselers?

Anytime late game so it's fine. I just want more strategy in the game as well rather than just abilities that refresh or have no specific circumstances. Even being able to reveal the mask only if you've been chasing someone for a long time would make for more strategy in game, and would help Jason deal with people he has a hard time catching. Even showing his face after Jason blocks an attack would be cool

Edited by havek