Ste_Wolf

Coming back as Tommy after you've already escaped

Anyone else find this annoying? Personally, I don't see why an escaped player would be given a second shot at trying to escape again. It should be saved strictly for players who got killed.

1 minute ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Anyone else find this annoying? Personally, I don't see why an escaped player would be given a second shot at trying to escape again. It should be saved strictly for players who got killed.

It's so you can come back and help the other's escape, Tommy isn't really a second chance get out alive type. He's meant to come help. So if you escape you can help other's do the same thing (Tho Karma is so much fun when you get a guy who escapes first and comes back as tommy and screams bloody murder because he didn't want to come back) 

I don't think strictly, but maybe priority to dead players. What I find most annoying is when after the remaining players have escaped, THEN Tommy spawns as the only player on the map. I think if everyone escapes or dies then the game should just end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Naw I'm fine with it, if I get Tommy as a person who escaped I do whatever I can to fight Jason and help others get out, I don't even try to escape unless I"m the last one because you can't get credit for escaping twice.  It's actually better that way since Tommy is supposed to be the hero, not just dash for the cop exit as soon as he spawns (but let's be real that's what you do if you haven't gotten escape xp yet, you at most try to shoot Jason for some quick xp then escape)

If I really had a hard time escaping with my previous character sometimes I think: "Oh no...". Mostly it's ok, though.

There is also a bonus for team escapes if everyone survives.  Summoning Tommy is a tool that can help achieve those points.  Restricting it to killed only players would diminish its effectiveness.

I don't care who comes back as Tommy, as long as it's not the glitching TKing selling-out a-holes who deserve spectate hell.

I don't mind if it goes to someone who escaped. Like others said if I get out sometimes I enjoy coming back as Tommy to help other people. Other times I'd rather just spectate or run to the bathroom or something during the remaining time.

It would be nice, but not at all necessary, if you end the match via escape if upon you were prompted on if you would like a chance to come back as Tommy. Like if you die you're automatically considered but if you escape you have the chance to opt out.

I felt kind of stupid because I didn't realize at first that Tommy was meant to help the others escape. The first couple of times I played as him, I'd hide in a closet and leave with the cops. Now that I know he's maxed out in every stat and that you get no extra experience for escaping twice, I have fun playing as Tommy and use the opportunity to distract and mess around with Jason. Of course, this is after the initial "NOOO! I JUST escaped a minute ago!" moment. Haha.

On 28/06/2017 at 5:15 AM, Ste_Wolf said:

Personally, I don't see why an escaped player would be given a second shot at trying to escape again. 

Tommy is a saviour not a survivor. Why should someone who escaped in the first minutes not have a chance to be Tommy while someone who died 10 minutes into the game can? 

Everyone deserves the chance to be Tommy, simple.

Tommy Jarvis can escape but you should technically utilize him to help others escape. You do not get double points for escaping again so help out your fellow members in the community when spawning back in. He also acts as a second chance to pick up points you may not have had if you escaped without seeing Jason. Shoot him with the shot gun, repair some stuff, or something to that effect. :)

• Like 1

I wonder if it's possible to make it so Tommy can't escape until all of the other counselors have either died or escaped themselves.  That would prevent the cowards who come back as Tommy from making a beeline to the exit.

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

I wonder if it's possible to make it so Tommy can't escape until all of the other counselors have either died or escaped themselves.  That would prevent the cowards who come back as Tommy from making a beeline to the exit.

Wouldn't work. What if there were 4 left, including Tommy, and they were taking the four seater? Tommy can't escape?

This just wouldn't work well.

2 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

Wouldn't work. What if there were 4 left, including Tommy, and they were taking the four seater? Tommy can't escape?

This just wouldn't work well.

You're right. Didn't think about that.  I just don't like it when people don't use Tommy the way he's supposed to be used.

That's why I said he's a saviour not a survivor. There's no need to come back and instantly go for the escape. Shotgun - stun Jason to help others get away/out, cover them while they fix the car/boat. You also have high stats so use them all, not just stamina and speed.

1 hour ago, Benallan17 said:

Tommy is a saviour not a survivor. Why should someone who escaped in the first minutes not have a chance to be Tommy while someone who died 10 minutes into the game can? 

Everyone deserves the chance to be Tommy, simple.

Yeah, is that why his dialogue when he sometimes appears is "I gotta get out of here". Some savior.

Your goal is to survive, as stated clearly at the start of the session. If you survive, why should you be given a second chance? Give it to someone who was unlucky enough not to.

3 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Yeah, is that why his dialogue when he sometimes appears is "I gotta get out of here". Some savior.

That's generic dialogue for every character when they start to get slightly spooked out or it just happens randomly. Tommy isn't immortal, he obviously has fears too but ultimately came to fight Jason.

5 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Your goal is to survive, as stated clearly at the start of the session. If you survive, why should you be given a second chance? Give it to someone who was unlucky enough not to.

Why not give people the chance to earn more XP? This just feels like you've got some hate towards people who escape getting Tommy instead of you. 

10 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

That's generic dialogue for every character when they start to get slightly spooked out or it just happens randomly. Tommy isn't immortal, he obviously has fears too but ultimately came to fight Jason.

Why not give people the chance to earn more XP? This just feels like you've got some hate towards people who escape getting Tommy instead of you. 

But if Tommy is a savior, then he shouldn't have that generic dialogue. He was called in on the radio to fight Jason wasn't he? So why did he show up there only to say he has to get outta there lol?

If people want to earn more XP then play another session. The ones who died prematurely are the ones who deserve the chance at gaining more XP by escaping.

Just now, Ste_Wolf said:

But if Tommy is a savior, then he shouldn't have that generic dialogue. He was called in on the radio to fight Jason wasn't he?

If people want to earn more XP then play another session. The ones who died prematurely are the ones who deserve the chance at gaining more XP by escaping.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Tommy Jarvis can escape but you should technically utilize him to help others escape. You do not get double points for escaping again so help out your fellow members in the community when spawning back in. He also acts as a second chance to pick up points you may not have had if you escaped without seeing Jason. Shoot him with the shot gun, repair some stuff, or something to that effect. :)

That's the only reply I need. As JP said, there's a reason that everyone has the chance to play Tommy. Pick up on missed XP or of course, get a second chance if you died. You can't remove the chance to play Tommy from people who escaped otherwise they're more and more likely to stop playing as the spectating is even more boring if 2 have escaped for 10 minutes then 1 guy dies and instantly gets Tommy. 

Well you dont get double xp for escaping the map twice but you do still get xp for escaping the map as tommy.

However I will try to save others from being kill by Jason BUT if I see my team not working together or if it look like they are running around with their head cut off ,and also not listening to other players that will help them to escape

FOR EXAMPLE:"If i see you still running around with gas in your hand and you run pass the car because jason is chasing you but he is not really close to you and still running with gas in hand and then i say drop the gas at the car and still that player wont listen.Then I see no point in helping out if all is going to happen is me getting kill the second time because players dont wont to listen or use mic to communicate 

On 28/06/2017 at 1:15 AM, Ste_Wolf said:

Often, a player who escaped has more utility or more merit to return as Tommy than a player who died for incompetence, displeasure or even for an interest in returning as Tommy.
Allowing an escaped player to return as Tommy, prevents people from killing themselves just to return as Tommy.

I think it would be a good idea to allow the player to give up the opportunity to play as Tommy if he does not want to.

42 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

You can't remove the chance to play Tommy from people who escaped otherwise they're more and more likely to stop playing as the spectating

Another good reason... Great point!

On 6/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, Ste_Wolf said:

Yes I personally do find this annoying and yes it is to give players an equal opportunity to play as Tommy Jarvis but the amount of effort it takes to escape Jason it definitely  should be exclusive to players who died and once the first one dies rather than 2.

Locked for necroposting. This thread is over 3 years old.