Ste_Wolf

Glitch cheaters beware. Retribution is coming!

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

There are already audio cues, etc from the game itself of the counselors for Jason to hear. It's not really necessary to hear mics and would eliminate some of the Jason/counselor team-ups. @malloymk

I rather be able to hear the Counselor’s they would be like I got the Gas and shit like that I wanna be able to hear that also it won’t eliminate the teamups your just fooling yourself you got PartyChat now you will be like have it where Jason can’t be in PartyChat thats fine an all but people can call each other go on Discord Skype or other 3rd Party appsparty apps

so you can never remove Teamups

Too little too late I'm afraid. Won't be anyone left to report pretty soon. Steam dipped under 3K active players yesterday. :mellow:

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

Now the the glitches are fixed, people are going back to teaming with Jason for their trolling needs. This was on PC, too. Where you don't typically see a lot of this.

Just spent a round where Jason and some guy were working together to farm as much XP as possible before Jason killed him with 5 seconds left in the round. Jason's buddy led him to all the Counselors, even blocked me in a room, to help Jason kill everyone else.

Having to sit through 10 minutes of that shit just to get the XP we earned is getting pretty fucking annoying. We need a vote kick system so lobbies can nip that behavior in the bud. Jason's friend would have been kicked pretty quick if we could have...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Now the the glitches are fixed, people are going back to teaming with Jason for their trolling needs. This was on PC, too. Where you don't typically see a lot of this.

Just spent a round where Jason and some guy were working together to farm as much XP as possible before Jason killed him with 5 seconds left in the round. Jason's buddy led him to all the Counselors, even blocked me in a room, to help Jason kill everyone else.

Having to sit through 10 minutes of that shit just to get the XP we earned is getting pretty fucking annoying. We need a vote kick system so lobbies can nip that behavior in the bud. Jason's friend would have been kicked pretty quick if we could have...

Problem is, what if Jason is with more than one friend and after 10 minutes of hell, they voted to kick you instead. Works both ways, unfortunately L4D2 had a similar mechanism but it resulted in players people thought were "bad" being kicked rather than good players kicking out the trolls. IDK, it would just be easier to make Jason a solo only queue option rather than implement a system that is easily abused.

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That's unfortunate. They fix one thing so the assholes move to the next exploit. I assume we'll see a lot more of this on console as well in the coming weeks.

A vote kick system would be useful to counter this but could also lead to abuse. Examples include lfd2.

Right now the best counter is a Jason who doesn't make deals. Me and you fall under this category.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That's unfortunate. They fix one thing so the assholes move to the next exploit. I assume we'll see a lot more of this on console as well in the coming weeks.

A vote kick system would be useful to counter this but could also lead to abuse. Examples include lfd2.

Right now the best counter is a Jason who doesn't make deals. Me and you fall under this category.

lol word...If I'm playing as Jason with friends in the lobby, they die first :P I know what they're capable of.

• Like 3

Just about every major MMO utilizes this report feature.  Name me a sandbox game released in the last several years and I'll be happy to youtube glich videos involving that game.  That is just a burden that comes with off-the-rails games like this.  Accidental glitches are one thing, but purposely exploiting glitches that are clearly not meant to be used just wastes everybody's time.  The devs need time to work out those bugs, but in the meantime, a touch of integrity on the players' part would only be to all of our benefits. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Just about every major MMO utilizes this report feature.  Name me a sandbox game released in the last several years and I'll be happy to youtube glich videos involving that game.  That is just a burden that comes with off-the-rails games like this.  Accidental glitches are one thing, but purposely exploiting glitches that are clearly not meant to be used just wastes everybody's time.  The devs need time to work out those bugs, but in the meantime, a touch of integrity on the players' part would only be to all of our benefits. 

True. Right now the only thing stopping the exploits is a concience. But unfortunately that seems to be in the minority. After all, this is the internet.

But to adress teaming up with Jason again, players need to realize that they have sense which literally shows them where counselors are. Making deals is pretty fuckin pointless. Just ruins the game for everyone.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

True. Right now the only thing stopping the exploits is a concience. But unfortunately that seems to be in the minority. After all, this is the internet.

But to adress teaming up with Jason again, players need to realize that they have sense which literally shows them where counselors are. Making deals is pretty fuckin pointless. Just ruins the game for everyone.

I absolutely abhor players that try to team up with Jason, even those that have offered to team up with me.  Every time I see that going on, and I'm driving Jason, I make it my sole purpose in that match to remove them from the board, first.  Twice if they come back as Tommy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Yup just fix the glitch instead of reporting people it’s your fault they they have the means to do it fix the glitch I’m sorry but if I see people glitching I won’t report them at all I don’t give a damn if they glitch if it’s in the game it’s fair game

Just because you are able to do it in the game does not mean it was intended. There is no way to be able to have no glitches until people stumble upon them. When they are found they need to be reported to be fixed. That does not mean you should take advantage of glitches. If you want to stand on a roof and watch a game be played then go to twitch and watch the game. There is no glory in hiding on the roof or other glitches while everyone else has to wait for the match to end. 

1 hour ago, Namrockjr said:

Just because you are able to do it in the game does not mean it was intended. There is no way to be able to have no glitches until people stumble upon them. When they are found they need to be reported to be fixed. That does not mean you should take advantage of glitches. If you want to stand on a roof and watch a game be played then go to twitch and watch the game. There is no glory in hiding on the roof or other glitches while everyone else has to wait for the match to end. 

The reason why people do it is people like you get pissed off over it

2 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

The reason why people do it is people like you get pissed off over it

I agree they do it for attention. They are worthless and need attention. I don't play quick matches because of these type of players. I play private matches and kick people who try and ruin the experience for others.

2 minutes ago, Namrockjr said:

I agree they do it for attention. They are worthless and need attention. I don't play quick matches because of these type of players. I play private matches and kick people who try and ruin the experience for others.

They don’t do it for the attention they do it for the reaction 

36 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

They don’t do it for the attention they do it for the reaction 

Really, you don't realize the reaction is attention.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

There are already audio cues, etc from the game itself of the counselors for Jason to hear. It's not really necessary to hear mics and would eliminate some of the Jason/counselor team-ups. @malloymk

If I can't hear my victims screaming I'm not interested in playing. Period. 

I can't wait for this. I've got two people who are asking the host to make Packanack the map so they can glitch. And of course the map ends up being Packanack. RIP.

Yeah this cant happen soon enough. Got at least 1 person every time packanack pops up trying to get on the top of the roof. 

A game is a game. I am not gonna cry integrity, play responsibly, over people just playing a videogame that wasn't made with dignity. These glitches should have been hammered out months ago by competent beta testers. I am not a negative person, but this game is becoming a joke.

I want to enjoy this game a bit but everyone cries, Jason should be OP and Shift grab isn't in the movies.

Well guess what, this isn't the movie, this is a videogame.

I can't wait for the next patch. I figure the report feature will do something on PC, but it probably won't on consoles--and that's a good thing because the solution should be to fix the game not have your players dish out punishments lord of the flies style.  On Xbox, the R6 Siege report feature doesn't even do anything-- I expect the same from this game.

On June 27, 2017 at 8:44 PM, SnakeSound222 said:

Yep. Prepare for the bullcrap onslaught of "No mic", "wasn't being nice as Jason", "didn't let me do something I wanted to do", or "didn't kill a certain way" reports. 

Exactly.  One whiner emailed me and posted to their Twitter that I was 'glitching'.  All I did was go to my front door and get some packages from UPS while I left the game going.  How was that glitching?  People who lie about glitching should also be dealt with.  Note to F13 gamers avoid #killer74429.   Crazy doesn't even cover it.

50 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

A game is a game. I am not gonna cry integrity, play responsibly, over people just playing a videogame that wasn't made with dignity. These glitches should have been hammered out months ago by competent beta testers. I am not a negative person, but this game is becoming a joke.

I want to enjoy this game a bit but everyone cries, Jason should be OP and Shift grab isn't in the movies.

Well guess what, this isn't the movie, this is a videogame.

I can't wait for the next patch. I figure the report feature will do something on PC, but it probably won't on consoles--and that's a good thing because the solution should be to fix the game not have your players dish out punishments lord of the flies style.  On Xbox, the R6 Siege report feature doesn't even do anything-- I expect the same from this game.

Only the massive amount of players that release provides finds these glitches. Most of the internal testing would've consisted of people playing as intended. If you don't go trying to break the game you don't just happen upon these glitches. In my 80+ hours I have never found these glitches. I knew of them, but I play as intended so I don't use glitches. I'm not a bitch and will learn to play instead.

Here are their new rules that can get you banned. Good bye Jason hand holders, I'll be making sure you don't have any more fun at our expense :P

• Like 2

Just discovered that Jason can hit Wall Glitchers under the Packanack stairs if he attacks in Combat Stance.

Watched my friend, playing as Jason, swing far enough under the stairs to kill a Glitcher.

Unfortunately, the Glitcher had enough room to avoid his swings but luckily kept walking close enough to the wall to get hit and die.

So next time you encounter this as Jason, try Combat Stance.

2 hours after work today and not a single match was clean. Glitchers at the 2 story cabins, team killers, and people helping Jason all over the place. 

I was always on the side of it's not that big a problem but I'm moving to the other side after the last few nights.