Sign in to follow this  
Soxette

What's the best way to handle betrayers?

I'm getting tired of getting betrayed unless it's obviously by accident, but that's only happened once.  Last night a lot of time had gone by and I had got a lot of items, fended off Jason, did some repairs, then while in a house someone came in and walked right up to me and shot me in the back with the shotgun for no reason.

Is -1,000 XP an appropriate consequence?  It's not deterring people from doing it still.  I see it a lot.

I think some people just get off on being jerks and f***ing with people.  Sad.

I had originally conceived of making a public database of bad players, but a recent tweet suggests there will be an in-game reporting feature coming soon to help address this issue. It talks about exploits, but I assume there will be a way to report rampant TKers as well.

• Like 1

Get to the shotgun first or hope you spawn as Tommy. Then, eye for an eye, send them to spectate hell. As new people join the lobby, point out to them that dbag so-and-so is a cheat or TKer or Jason collaborator, etc., so they know exactly what they're getting into and the cesspool they're dealing with. Then pray for the day these test tube rejects (who are clearly underdeveloped and should of spent more time in the incubator) get banned from the game. I know, I know, "just find a new lobby"... no, no, these dysfunctional toilet bowls get to eat my crap until they decide to leave, lol.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

Get to the shotgun first or hope you spawn as Tommy. Then, eye for an eye, send them to spectate hell. As new people join the lobby, point out to them that dbag so-and-so is a cheat or TKer or Jason collaborator, etc., so they know exactly what they're getting into and the cesspool they're dealing with. Then pray for the day these test tube rejects (who are clearly underdeveloped and should of spent more time in the incubator) get banned from the game. I know, I know, "just find a new lobby"... no, no, these dysfunctional toilet bowls get to eat my crap until they decide to leave, lol.

Yeah. I'm always sure to teabag afterword too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I had originally conceived of making a public database of bad players, but a recent tweet suggests there will be an in-game reporting feature coming soon to help address this issue. It talks about exploits, but I assume there will be a way to report rampant TKers as well.

rekt 

Wow. Not long after I made this post I played a game and just got shot again by Tommy.  I was putting a bear trap in front of the door and when I was done he shot me. 

His PSN is BenRodz33. 

What I do sometimes if I notice I'm being followed by a player with a weapon is ill run into a hiding spot like a bed or closet until they move on.  When Jason comes I hope he kills them first so I can attempt an escape.

• Like 1

Not sure about you guys, but I make sure I return the favor next game.

Unless it was an accident.

• Like 1

The best way to handle betrayers is...well shoot them. Karma right :P

i remember their names and go straight after them in the next game.

• Like 1

If it was up to me I would let the "victim" decide; the person who is teamkilled would have an option to either forgive or punish. Where forgive would allow the TK'er to stay in the game and punish would remove them from the lobby. 

Once someone decides to just start trolling like this unfortunately your options are pretty limited.
If you run away from them the whole match you probably won't have very much fun
If you decide to retaliate then you lose all the EXP you would have gained
Or you just leave and find a new lobby. 

Right now all the power is in the trolls hands because they don't care about the EXP.

I'll call them out over headset and let everyone know. I'll even point them out to Jason ("hey, there's a team killer sitting out in the water.") 

i use to retaliate in the next round but it's not worth the 1000 xp loss most of the time... but you can injur someone without losing xp... so I'll do that.

essentially, i try to make them miserable until they leave the lobby. I've been able to get an entire lobby after trolls. it's pretty great. 

I've seen this a few times and it's great I will also do this if I see it happening. Jason was chasing someone and there was a counselor that decided to whack the counselor a few times with a machete. Jason breaks off from the injured counselor he was chasing and goes after the betrayer and well, kills them. This gave the injured counselor enough time to find a new spray and play again. I like seeing things like that within the community. 

• Like 2

They just need to make it so that anyone who "earns" their -1000 EXP for betrayal is fair game for others to take out and not get their own -1000 EXP. That would at least allow you to rid the match of them and not hurt your EXP gains.

I had the shotgun when I saw an idiot is start hitting another teammate for no reason, so I gave him my bullet... :D Got 1xp, but it's worth it.

6 minutes ago, Lacek84 said:

I had the shotgun when I saw an idiot is start hitting another teammate for no reason, so I gave him my bullet... :D Got 1xp, but it's worth it.

Agreed. I believe it is our duty to gang up and murder the hell out of them. I will continue to do so even in subsequent games until they rage quit. I'll take the -1k gladly. 

2 minutes ago, Kashyyyk said:

Agreed. I believe it is our duty to gang up and murder the hell out of them. I will continue to do so even in subsequent games until they rage quit. I'll take the -1k gladly. 

I'm at max level, so gaining or losing xp doesn't matter for me.

I had the prop once, and as I was installing it, two guys came up and started hitting me with bats. I dropped my firecrackers and swam out into the lake with the prop. They stood there flicking their flashlights, while Jason, who must have heard the crackers showed up and killed them, after which I swam back, fixed the boat and escaped, haha. They even had the nerve to call me asshole for bringing Jason to them. Best round ever

• Like 2