After some testing I found out that Jason can block things without having to look at the player. Here's the video. Do you guys think this is intentional or no way?

1 minute ago, Vuze said:

After some testing I found out that Jason can block things without having to look at the player. Here's the video. Do you guys think this is intentional or no way?

Not sure if it's intentional, but it's pretty stupid. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not sure if it's intentional, but it's pretty stupid. 

I absolutely agree lol. 

That makes no sense at all. If I raise my arms in front of me that doesn't make me block a hit to the back. Hopefully it's just an oversight. This should be corrected. Jason should not block anything from the back.

• Like 1

360 defense

Sure

lol.. He stiffens his muscles, guys.... Can be done!

Jason doesn't have a hit box directly behind him.  Even without blocking hitting him directly in the back does nothing.

Have a Jason face a corner in a cabin sometime with his nose directly in the corner and just have him stand there.  Wail on him all you want but if it's anything like my experience, nothing will connect or stun.  Because I've actually had a Jason do that while my group was beating on him too hard.  He hid in a corner outside a cabin and just put his nose in the corner like a kid in time out and we just wailed on him with baseball bats but nothing stunned or hit, then someone threw firecrackers at his feet and he rage quit.

On 27/06/2017 at 5:03 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That makes no sense at all. If I raise my arms in front of me that doesn't make me block a hit to the back. Hopefully it's just an oversight. This should be corrected. Jason should not block anything from the back.

I think it is but some people have defended Jason being able to combat stance through traps so I am not so sure anymore. 

On 27/06/2017 at 7:59 PM, RocknRon13 said:

Looks like I need to learn how to block. Lol

I wouldn't get used to it as I don't think it is intended.

On 27/06/2017 at 8:25 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

Jason doesn't have a hit box directly behind him.  Even without blocking hitting him directly in the back does nothing.

Have a Jason face a corner in a cabin sometime with his nose directly in the corner and just have him stand there.  Wail on him all you want but if it's anything like my experience, nothing will connect or stun.  Because I've actually had a Jason do that while my group was beating on him too hard.  He hid in a corner outside a cabin and just put his nose in the corner like a kid in time out and we just wailed on him with baseball bats but nothing stunned or hit, then someone threw firecrackers at his feet and he rage quit.

I'll test this out and see what happens. 

On 27/06/2017 at 6:47 PM, Vuze said:

I'll test this out and see what happens. 

Yes, Vuze, test this, please.

@Vuze I have merged your posts, please avoid double and triple posting.

Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but I think this would help Jason in the game's current state.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Sorry to bring this topic back to life, but I think this would help Jason in the game's current state.

Isn't this still the case though? I don't see too many Jasons using combat stance so I wouldn't know, but I thought I saw a video about this recently on here.

Just now, Truth said:

Isn't this still the case though? I don't see too many Jasons using combat stance so I wouldn't know, but I thought I saw a video about this recently on here.

As far as I know, no. The block has been nerfed (I might be wrong).

32 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

As far as I know, no. The block has been nerfed (I might be wrong).

Nope, you're right. He can no longer block hits to the back and he has a delay on attacking after blocking.

Lol it's funny to read all these early June comments complaining about an unfair Jason trait. These days we'd take back a 360 degree block with open arms. We were so foolish.