Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The more epic perks you have the less likely it is to roll another epic perk. I wish I knew this in the info text about rolling a perk.I used 8,000 CP to roll not even one epic perk, and the moment i sell my epic perk i get an epic perk 2 rolls later. Sell another epic perk, get another epic perk within 3 rolls later. Please fix this or at least tell us this exists in the perk rolling screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, havek said:

The more epic perks you have the less likely it is to roll another epic perk. I wish I knew this in the info text about rolling a perk.I used 8,000 CP to roll not even one epic perk, and the moment i sell my epic perk i get an epic perk 2 rolls later. Sell another epic perk, get another epic perk within 3 rolls later. Please fix this or at least tell us this exists in the perk rolling screen.

Whoa wait seriously? That's a thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same, I spent around 20k CP this past weekend, and didn't roll a single epic perk. Rares at best, but crappy perks at that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All perks should have a flat rate of possibility to roll regardless of whatever you have. I understand that they don't want any one person to get too overpowered but any counselor can only have 3 perks and we can only have 30 out of 45 so that's more than enough to balance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havek said:

The more epic perks you have the less likely it is to roll another epic perk. I wish I knew this in the info text about rolling a perk.I used 8,000 CP to roll not even one epic perk, and the moment i sell my epic perk i get an epic perk 2 rolls later. Sell another epic perk, get another epic perk within 3 rolls later. Please fix this or at least tell us this exists in the perk rolling screen.

Where did you hear this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent almost 200 hours on this game and have earned a LOT of CP. I've easily bought over 100 perks. I'm making this inferred conclusion myself, but I've heard from others this is what they're experiencing too. I'd bet all of you don't have more than 6 or 7 epic perks, at magic number 6 or 7 epics it is virtually impossible to roll an epic. Not only that, the more epic perks I have I tend to reroll perks i already have more, once i sell my epic perk i get perks i haven't even gotten before, even if they are poor rarity. I have 30 perks , 6 of which are epic. I've rolled 100+perks altogether, i instantly get better perks rolled when I sell my epic or rare perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, havek said:

I've spent almost 200 hours on this game and have earned a LOT of CP. I've easily bought over 100 perks. I'm making this inferred conclusion myself, but I've heard from others this is what they're experiencing too. I'd bet all of you don't have more than 6 or 7 epic perks, at magic number 6 or 7 epics it is virtually impossible to roll an epic. Not only that, the more epic perks I have I tend to reroll perks i already have more, once i sell my epic perk i get perks i haven't even gotten before, even if they are poor rarity. I have 30 perks , 6 of which are epic. I've rolled 100+perks altogether, i instantly get better perks rolled when I sell my epic or rare perks.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDSQ9j4WsAElQZh.jpg

Okay maybe I exaggerated a little bit when I said I have 20 epics, I actually only have 15. But I was just guessing. Regardless I still believe it is luck based. I've also spent a lot of cp. But here is what I currently have, and the only epics I've sold have been worse off duplicates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, havek said:

I've spent almost 200 hours on this game and have earned a LOT of CP. I've easily bought over 100 perks. I'm making this inferred conclusion myself, but I've heard from others this is what they're experiencing too. I'd bet all of you don't have more than 6 or 7 epic perks, at magic number 6 or 7 epics it is virtually impossible to roll an epic. Not only that, the more epic perks I have I tend to reroll perks i already have more, once i sell my epic perk i get perks i haven't even gotten before, even if they are poor rarity. I have 30 perks , 6 of which are epic. I've rolled 100+perks altogether, i instantly get better perks rolled when I sell my epic or rare perks.

I've rolled over 100 times and have seen exactly 2 epic perks. Sold them both because they're not relevant to my play style. Didn't see an increase in rarity after I sold them. I reroll perks I already have non-stop. It's the luck of the draw. There's no scam. It's all probability. 

I see at least two different probability algorithms that can explain it.

If rolling a poor perk is 5 times more likely than rolling an epic, common perk is 4 times more likely than rolling an epic, and rolling uncommon is 3 times more likely, and a rare is 2 times as likely, your odds of rolling an epic perk are 1 in 15. That's a 7 percent chance every roll that it will be an epic perk......not exactly solid odds. 

The other would be each outcome being twice as likely as the one before in order from least common to most. That would put rolling an epic at 1 in 31 or roughly 3 percent.

So 6 or 7 epics in that many rolls is about right.

It's not a scam, your odds are just garbage. Good thing you don't have my luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 4 right now. Preparedness, Nerves of Steel, Lone Wolf, and Thick Skinned. The last three absolutely suck. Thick skinned is supposed to allow me to receive 49% less damage from attacks but it doesn't do anything. My mini map gets so dark at 100% fear that it might as well be lost so the Nerves of Steel is useless, and the Lone Wolf Epic is about 4 or 5% better than the Uncommon Lone Wolf. Love the map I get with preparedness though. Less fear, too. 

 

 

UGH! Tried to edit so I didn't double post but it didn't work... Sorry mods! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LSU04_08 said:

I have 4 right now. Preparedness, Nerves of Steel, Lone Wolf, and Thick Skinned. The last three absolutely suck. Thick skinned is supposed to allow me to receive 49% less damage from attacks but it doesn't do anything. My mini map gets so dark at 100% fear that it might as well be lost so the Nerves of Steel is useless, and the Lone Wolf Epic is about 4 or 5% better than the Uncommon Lone Wolf. Love the map I get with preparedness though. Less fear, too. 

 

17 hours ago, Motoko said:

Stop wearing your tin foil hat...

Speaking of which... The Tin Foil Hat could be a perk that confuses Jason on your whereabouts... LULZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LSU04_08 said:

I have 4 right now. Preparedness, Nerves of Steel, Lone Wolf, and Thick Skinned. The last three absolutely suck. Thick skinned is supposed to allow me to receive 49% less damage from attacks but it doesn't do anything. My mini map gets so dark at 100% fear that it might as well be lost so the Nerves of Steel is useless, and the Lone Wolf Epic is about 4 or 5% better than the Uncommon Lone Wolf. Love the map I get with preparedness though. Less fear, too. 

 

 

UGH! Tried to edit so I didn't double post but it didn't work... Sorry mods! 

Isn't the 49% thick skinned one of the most coveted perks in the game?

I've heard that it increases your hit points to take up to 8 shots from Jason before you limp?

Why doesn't it do anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Isn't the 49% thick skinned one of the most coveted perks in the game?

I've heard that it increases your hit points to take up to 8 shots from Jason before you limp?

Why doesn't it do anything?

I don't know. I figured it would decrease damage all the way around, which includes hopping out of Packanack's top story or going through broken glass. I don't get whacked enough by Jason to use it over another perk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LSU04_08 said:

I don't know. I figured it would decrease damage all the way around, which includes hopping out of Packanack's top story or going through broken glass. I don't get whacked enough by Jason to use it over another perk. 

I'm not sure about second story windows but I definitely heard it helps with broken windows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

I'm not sure about second story windows but I definitely heard it helps with broken windows. 

Maybe it was a glitch that wasn't working then and has been ironed out. I'll try it out again tonight and see how it works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...