Every now and again the game crashes and I have to restart it, invite my party back and start a new game. This doesn't happen with any other game so I doubt it's a hardware problem. 

In the past 10 minutes the game has crashed THREE times. This is getting very frustrating, I was having a ton of fun before this started happening :(

I had time for one game this evening.. Nothing like playing, getting killed by a beartrap that goes off on you when it shouldnt (glitch 1), then the host crashed (2), killing the whole game for everyone...yeah.. i sat there watching for about 16 minutes for a damn host crash.. It's really out of hand.

oh as a suggestion Deez Nuts - make every single person you are playing with quit the game, then restart so you are all starting your first new game at the same time. It helps sometimes because everyone playing should be ready to have a crash around the same game number (in my experience).

Where as, you play like 2 games, then a friend joins and is just starting.. well in a game or 2 you may be due for a crash, and if you are the host, you're going to crash your friend too even though he has only played one game.. he could have gotten away with another couple games.. problem is, the more people (which makes it fun in the first place) the higher the crash frequency. it's a bitch.

I'm really not sure why it's happening but clearly I'm not alone with this issue. 

My friend's also experience this to a lesser extent. 

Bro trust me its not just you.  BSODs happen regularly on ps4 if I play for say 5hrs (which is about average for me) I'll experience 2-5 crashes.  Usually when I join a game with a party.  One person gets kicked so I invite them back once they try to rejoin crash.  I think it's because the game thinks the person is still connected and it can't reconcile the same id appearing twice.  They'll get it sorted remember the servers used to take 30mins to find a pub.