8 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not trying to sound rude, but I doubt people are going to do this on console. They shouldn't need to jump through hoops to report someone :/

At least on PlayStation when you use the built in record feature, it also records not only your voice but everyone else's voices as well. Pretty sure it's the same on Xbox but it might not be, pretty sure it is though. I think it picks them up when you're broadcasting too.

Either way even people on PC could just use VOIP and not talk in game. It's pretty obvious when someone is helping Jason though, how Jason will actively ignore the guy that is helping him. There were 2 guys working together once and I hunted down the counselor and blasted him with the shotgun. Laughed as I proceeded to taunt Jason and just let him kill me afterwards.

11 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I mean, it's a lot to ask...but we don't have the infrastructure to support what you get in Call of Duty, Battlefield, Overwatch, LoL and other games of that caliber. We don't have the manpower and those systems take time. Each of them have spent years, almost decades working on systems that are still in no way perfect. 

Trust me, this is being worked on for a more 'user-friendly' system, but right now our main concern is to curb the exploit users and ban people that have been causing major issues. 

We will review everything. 

At least it's something for the moment. I guess my days of shooting people off of roofs are over.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Edit: @GunMedia_Ben one more thing. Whenever players are chatting through a walkie you cannot hear them through the TV (XB1). What happens if another player decides to throw racist or inappropriate comments around through a walkie? I assume there's not a work around for this?

12 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Something

Yeah, that is something. I can accept something. Just have to put up with terrible people longer if I want to play, which is something I have to accept. But for once...you shall not be blamed.  

48 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Teamkilling as a party and helping Jason will get you banned. 

There is no Intern on our Twitter, but we do have a third party company that helps on the support line and a few that have access to the main. I correct whenever possible. 

If a guy is Teamkilling, how do I prove he's doing it "to help Jason"?  If they just say in party chat "Hey so-and-so, if I'm Jason, you take out as many as you can, and then I'll let you escape.", and the Jason ally rats people out during the game through party chat, how could I possibly prove that if I'm not in their party?

If the Report system only addresses the exploiters (who presumably won't be exploiting after the game is properly patched, so there shouldn't be anybody to report at that point), and Jason allies (which are definitely a problem, but next to impossible to prove in most cases), but does not address general TK (which is rampant and super easy to prove), then sadly it's barely a Band-Aid on the problem and does little in the long term.

If you won't ban TK, at least give us the option to turn FF off.  So the guys who think it's "realistic" for camp counselors to chase each other and laugh as they swing axes at each other for ten minutes can do that to their heart's content, and the rest of us can, you know, actually play the game. 

Because right now, the trolls are slowly but surely taking over the game and it's quite often becoming downright unplayable.

• Like 2

@GunMedia_Ben

I have to record, upload, and write an email just to report somebody. You forgot to add the juggling of flaming cats to the equation.

I'm going out and buying an old vhs camera and I'm just going to mail them to you. You should be able to watch them at your local gas/convenience store.

Alright I'm all set up to record now. 

e6cecf13fb7e55af49211de2ddaa9c37.jpg

• Like 3

Could somebody sticky a post on exactly how to do screen grab/video on PS4/Xbox/PC/etc.?  It would be very helpful, since we need to prove this crap.

First game I play today, and a guy is up on the roof of Higgins Haven, taunting no less.

Second game:  Same exact thing.

Between this and TK, game literally is unplayable right now.

Just now, AJLeatherman said:

Could somebody sticky a post on exactly how to do screen grab/video on PS4/Xbox/PC/etc.?  It would be very helpful, since we need to prove this crap.

First game I play today, and a guy is up on the roof of Higgins Haven, taunting no less.

Second game:  Same exact thing.

Between this and TK, game literally is unplayable right now.

Wait, yeah good point.

Where the hell do we even send clips to?

But for roof glitchers just double tap the big glowing button and hit "Y" to take a screenshot.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Wait, yeah good point.

Where the hell do we even send clips to?

But for roof glitchers just double tap the big glowing button and hit "Y" to take a screenshot.

I'm on PS4, where's my "Y", lol.

Seriously, could somebody with the appropriate knowledge make a step-by-step post about screengrabs, video, reporting, etc, covering all platforms please?

I'm 0-2 today with glitchers.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I mean, it's a lot to ask...but we don't have the infrastructure to support what you get in Call of Duty, Battlefield, Overwatch, LoL and other games of that caliber. We don't have the manpower and those systems take time. Each of them have spent years, almost decades working on systems that are still in no way perfect. 

Trust me, this is being worked on for a more 'user-friendly' system, but right now our main concern is to curb the exploit users and ban people that have been causing major issues. 

They've addressed a full points bulletin about dealing with people who are souring the game experience for others, gotta take your hats off for that.

Team killing is without a doubt a threat to the longevity of the multiplayer game though. It's probably the toughest facet to deal with from their perspective. If someone "team kills" me....I "Smokey and the Bandit" them in the next game and honest players like myself get sucked into a maelstrom of Troll warfare, and it fucks up how the game should be played.

I would say that an idiot glitching on a beam inside Packnack doesn't bother me as much as an idiot hacking at you with a machete when you're carrying a battery. 

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

What would you consider MAJOR ISSUES?

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

They've addressed a full points bulletin about dealing with people who are souring the game experience for others, gotta take your hats off for that.

Team killing is without a doubt a threat to the longevity of the multiplayer game though. It's probably the toughest facet to deal with from their perspective. If someone "team kills" me....I "Smokey and the Bandit" them in the next game and honest players like myself get sucked into a maelstrom of Troll warfare, and it fucks up how the game should be played.

I would say that an idiot glitching on a beam inside Packnack doesn't bother me as much as an idiot hacking at you with a machete when you're carrying a battery. 

True, but it depends on how you're playing:  If I'm a fellow counselor, then obviously the teammate with the machete is the bigger problem.  If I'm Jason, and I've killed everybody else, but the last two guys are glitching up on a roof, and I have to either bail out or twiddle my thumbs while the clock runs out, then the glitchers are the bigger problem.

Both are terrible problems right now though, and need to be addressed ASAP.

6 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

True, but it depends on how you're playing:  If I'm a fellow counselor, then obviously the teammate with the machete is the bigger problem.  If I'm Jason, and I've killed everybody else, but the last two guys are glitching up on a roof, and I have to either bail out or twiddle my thumbs while the clock runs out, then the glitchers are the bigger problem.

Both are terrible problems right now though, and need to be addressed ASAP.

Yeah but if someone is Jason and they can't hit those counselors with throwing knives...they do the honourable thing and leave the game knowing everyone keeps their XP and they "bow out" from the glitches. If it's some muppet killing counselors the possibility of the "host" leaving the game in frustration goes through the roof (excuse the pun). It's a massive differentiation of how it turns out. 

17 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

I'm on PS4, where's my "Y", lol.

Seriously, could somebody with the appropriate knowledge make a step-by-step post about screengrabs, video, reporting, etc, covering all platforms please?

I'm 0-2 today with glitchers.

Not sure the steps for recording on ps4. Perhaps @Brigadius or @bewareofbears could be of better assistance.

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

Buy a Elgato

Preferably a method of recording that doesn't cost precious, precious moolah.

$100 and up to provide proof of abuse is insane.

Long story short I was playing as Jason and this random guy started killing people saying, "Jason don't kill me I'm helping you!  Let me live!"  He walked right up to me and said,"I did good right?! You will let me go!?"  I killed him right away of course but felt bad for the other players.  Public matches will always be full of crazies.  

Ps4 Short version, Hit share button a record your game then send it to youtube edit and trim on youtube. Long version throw a usb in your ps4 and copy the movie files to it from the storage under your ps4 settings>storage>Captured>Friday the 13th game>Video Clips> copy to usb device. Take them to computer upload them to youtube and trim/edit them if needed. Send email with link to video to gunmedia. This is a pain 2 do. Not sure why a photo wouldn't be better. Suppose I just edit together a bunch of exploiters and send it over maybe at the end of the weekend.

23 minutes ago, Crowcoll said:

Ps4 Short version, Hit share button a record your game then send it to youtube edit and trim on youtube. Long version throw a usb in your ps4 and copy the movie files to it from the storage under your ps4 settings>storage>Captured>Friday the 13th game>Video Clips> copy to usb device. Take them to computer upload them to youtube and trim/edit them if needed. Send email with link to video to gunmedia. This is a pain 2 do. Not sure why a photo wouldn't be better. Suppose I just edit together a bunch of exploiters and send it over maybe at the end of the weekend.

Adding on to this. The Share button is to the left of the touch pad on the controller. If you are in the middle of a game, highlight the clip/screenshot and press Square to save it. The video will be in Storage under Capture Gallery. If you just want to send a YouTube video to them, you can sign in and make it Private so only people you give the link to can see it. 

It is a hassle. Yes.

3 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Adding on to this. The Share button is to the left of the touch pad on the controller. If you are in the middle of a game, highlight the clip/screenshot and press Square to save it. The video will be in Storage under Capture Gallery. If you just want to send a YouTube video to them, you can sign in and make it Private so only people you give the link to can see it. 

It is a hassle. Yes.

Thanks to both of you.  The screenshot (which for roof glitchers should be good enough) seems pretty straight forward.  I'll play around practicing the video clips later on. 

3 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

At least on PlayStation when you use the built in record feature, it also records not only your voice but everyone else's voices as well. Pretty sure it's the same on Xbox but it might not be, pretty sure it is though. I think it picks them up when you're broadcasting too.

Either way even people on PC could just use VOIP and not talk in game. It's pretty obvious when someone is helping Jason though, how Jason will actively ignore the guy that is helping him. There were 2 guys working together once and I hunted down the counselor and blasted him with the shotgun. Laughed as I proceeded to taunt Jason and just let him kill me afterwards.

Actually unless someone is using a capture card on PS4 people's voices can't be heard, I use the built in streaming on my PS4 and people complain when they can't hear the other players. Some players use the feature to keep themselves from being heard on other peoples videos. I don't know about Xbox and how that all works but if it's like PS4 then yeah, some people will have it off so they can't be heard in videos. 

Well, sent in my first report today on a Higgins Haven wall glitch exploiter.  Since I got home from work, I literally haven't had a single game that didn't have an exploiter, random TK, or both. 

When I sent my report email to the address in the original "Ban Rules" post, I got the automated "You can go to this facebook link to answer the common questions, we already sent out the backerkit codes, and we get too much email to respond to you" reply, so I hope somebody is at least reading the report emails.

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Actually unless someone is using a capture card on PS4 people's voices can't be heard, I use the built in streaming on my PS4 and people complain when they can't hear the other players. Some players use the feature to keep themselves from being heard on other peoples videos. I don't know about Xbox and how that all works but if it's like PS4 then yeah, some people will have it off so they can't be heard in videos. 

Is that just for this game? Cause I have a clips of voices being recorded in game. I haven't checked my clips for this one but at least my Overwatch clips have game chat voices in them.

25 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

Well, sent in my first report today on a Higgins Haven wall glitch exploiter.  Since I got home from work, I literally haven't had a single game that didn't have an exploiter, random TK, or both. 

When I sent my report email to the address in the original "Ban Rules" post, I got the automated "You can go to this facebook link to answer the common questions, we already sent out the backerkit codes, and we get too much email to respond to you" reply, so I hope somebody is at least reading the report emails.

Hahaha. Of course that would happen. :rolleyes:

Edit- @weirdkid5 Yeah, it is just for this game.

14 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Is that just for this game? Cause I have a clips of voices being recorded in game. I haven't checked my clips for this one but at least my Overwatch clips have game chat voices in them.

I don't know but I do know that in settings people can have it where you can't hear the voices. It might be just this game but if it is I hope the devs fix it as people thing I'm loosing my mind when streaming it. 

8 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I don't know but I do know that in settings people can have it where you can't hear the voices. It might be just this game but if it is I hope the devs fix it as people thing I'm loosing my mind when streaming it. 

Yeah I know it has trouble picking it up sometimes whilst streaming, but it really should for clips imo. I know the reason it doesn't for streaming is because it isn't "TV audio" technically, but even with a headset my clips, not streams, have in game chat for other games. Seems kinda weird that this game itself can't pick it up. @Ban_All_Music I think that it's a weird oversight. Definitely gonna be hard to enforce some rules on console.