Just now, FlameRiderSD said:

somehow when i teamkill by accident i still get 1 exp so i didnt actually lose any of my already gained exp

I accidentally ran someone over and ended the game with 1XP earned too lmfao

Just now, FlameRiderSD said:

somehow when i teamkill by accident i still get 1 exp so i didnt actually lose any of my already gained exp

When you teamkill you lose 1k exp but are not able to receive more than 1 exp after the match. so lets say u earned 1,2k exp and teamkilled, u still only get 1 exp after the match and the 199 are missing.

Over the weekend, I earned the most satisfying 1 exp point of my life.  I was in a match with not one, but TWO tk'ers helping Jason.

Two of them.  In fact, when you looked at the roster, almost all players had "Betrayed" status with one or two kills.  I have a really nice thick skinned perk, so killing me wasn't going to be easy, and by some great luck, all of the shotguns got used up.

So I got Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum chasing me across the map while the Jason is taking his time with a couple counselor's he's tunneling and I am on the walkie calling out to my teammates identifying the TK'ers (mind you I didn't realize how many had already fallen for their antics).  

I enter Packanack Lodge and one of the tk'ers pops off with "If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead", just as I found my good friend Mr. Machete.  So I figured, eh, I'll make up the points next round, and decided to see how many licks it would take to get to the center of his tootsie pop.

Mr. Owl was right..it took three.

Upon seeing their buddy get a Kershaw brand rhinoplasty, the other TK'er decided to hideout for rest of the match, never saw them again.  But I did see the two pocketknives the TK'er I dropped like a sack of lopsided potatoes was hording and grabbed them up, thank you very much, and the chase was on!

Ended up running Jason around the lodge for about 5 minutes, shanked him in the neck once during the process, and ran down the timer.

Most satisfying 1 xp I ever earned.  The others that got griefed enjoyed the view, too.  Apparently they had spent the last five minutes telling the TK'er exactly how they felt about the whole situation.

Good times lol.

2 hours ago, Jubileet said:

Er, no seeing how its possible for Jason to cause you to team kill by using counselors as a shield (I use shield lightly cause the bullet still hits him and kills anyone within in trajectory) this won't work effectively. Its leaving too much to chance. On top of accidentally killing people - people will intentionally run in front of your car so you get hit with the penalty to troll. You can also TK by stepping in a counselor bear trap. So, TK may be a result of someone elses stupidity and I could get banned for it? That is a bit too extreme, they need to adjust the mechanic not start banning the community.

The examples you are giving seem very rare, and personally I've only encountered 1 troll who tried to get run over by standing in front of me. And he was easy to avoid.

I'm level 82, so I've played a lot of games.  I Set traps all the time( behind locked doors) I've never had a kill from a trap.

Ive only killed 2 teammates with the shotgun trying to release them from Jason. And they where weeks apart.

Now on the other hand Ive seen trolls shotgun me and my friends dozens of times. I've had trolls run me over intentionally, and swing at me with weapons, so the most damage seems to come from the person using the weapon with the intent to do damage.

I feel like as long as you don't kill 3 or more people within maybe   8-12 hours than there will be no penalty. And who knows maybe it's just a warning, not a ban, but if you continue to play like a troll then a ban will be issued.

Just be careful. Which is what you should be doing anyways 

11 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

The examples you are giving seem very rare, and personally I've only encountered 1 troll who tried to get run over by standing in front of me. And he was easy to avoid.

I'm level 82, so I've played a lot of games.  I Set traps all the time( behind locked doors) I've never had a kill from a trap.

Ive only killed 2 teammates with the shotgun trying to release them from Jason. And they where weeks apart.

Now on the other hand Ive seen trolls shotgun me and my friends dozens of times. I've had trolls run me over intentionally, and swing at me with weapons, so the most damage seems to come from the person using the weapon with the intent to do damage.

I feel like as long as you don't kill 3 or more people within maybe   8-12 hours than there will be no penalty. And who knows maybe it's just a warning, not a ban, but if you continue to play like a troll then a ban will be issued.

Just be careful. Which is what you should be doing anyways 

I'm 101 and while I do agree these are rare, they do happen and can happen in vary levels of intensity. The more you play the more often you'll experience it. The issue is team killing isn't always intentional nor is it 100% in your control nor should it be a vote mechanic as that is likely to be abused. Thats what I'm concerned about and I'm interested in knowing more as banning players is a very aggressive approach.

1 hour ago, Dapper Dragon said:

All the ways a player could troll this system could be logged and compensated for.  I don't think getting hit by the car, stepping into a trap, or being shot/hit while in Jason's grasp is what they have in mind.  What they have in mind is a counselor that is walking in a house or on a path and BOOM!..headshot, or that ever so annoying minor league baseball aspirant practicing his or her swing on you while you're hunting objectives.  Those kind of instances are very easy to identify and track with accuracy.

I think this is quite possible indeed. I believe the devs can indeed differentiate unintentional hits from intentional hits. All they have to do is create a system that tracks when someone hits someone else and if it happens repeatedly. No one can convince me for example that someone who is constantly swinging a weapon isn't doing this on purpose. They are either trying to help other counselors by attacking Jason, which to me sounds dodgy but maybe it's possible, or they are just trolling and trying to teamkill. That is very easily tracked.

I would also add another suggestion I read in this topic, make it so that when counselors attack other counselors the amount of damage is so low teamkilling doesn't serve any purpose. Or, even better, make it so counselors can not attack other counselors. I personally don't see any reason for counselors attacking other counselors. Counselors need to survive right?

But that's just how I look at it.

There is TK and there is TK, it's obvious.

Just watch what you're doing, and yes accidents do happen, it's almost irl...

I am sure the system will be fair, just use common sense judging the cases.

So yes;

please bring on the banhammer (Banhatchet if you will), get rid of the scum.

Same goes for exploiters, etc.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:38 PM, Metalalbert said:

.... Counselors need to survive right?

But that's just how I look at it.

I think if you rewatch the movies, you will notice most counselors die...

It's Jason's game, he should win.

The game is called Friday the 13th, not  "How to troll Jason with a group of happy counselors , and lets go to the pub afterwards and get hammered..." ;) 

3 minutes ago, Redmarble said:

The game is called Friday the 13th, not  "How to troll Jason with a group of happy counselors , and lets go to the pub afterwards and get hammered..." ;) 

And what is this supposed to add to what I said?

I suggest you re-read what I wrote.

Just now, Metalalbert said:

And what is this supposed to add to what I said?

I suggest you re-read what I wrote.

take a breather...

Just now, Redmarble said:

take a breather...

Oh, I didn't take it offensively or something. I just wondered what it added to what I said.

1 hour ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

When you teamkill you lose 1k exp but are not able to receive more than 1 exp after the match. so lets say u earned 1,2k exp and teamkilled, u still only get 1 exp after the match and the 199 are missing.

Wrong. I have earned more than 1 xp on multiple occasions even after running ppl over.

6 minutes ago, Redmarble said:

You've got threads confused...This has nothing do with with trolling Jason with a group of Counselors.

When he said "Counselors need to survive, right?" he was pointing out the pointlessness of TKing and why it's even a mechanic in the game, and I tend to agree.

If you couldn't hurt / TK other Counselors, it would already greatly reduce the amount of trolling happening. At this point, the only purpose it's serving is ruining the game for people...

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You've got threads confused...This has nothing do with with trolling Jason with a group of Counselors.

When he said "Counselors need to survive, right?" he was pointing out the pointlessness of TKing and why it's even a mechanic in the game, and I tend to agree.

If you couldn't hurt / TK other Counselors, it would already greatly reduce the amount of trolling happening. At this point, the only purpose it's serving is ruining the game for people...

Liike I said, I didn't take it offensively. I for one am not the type of player to troll others. And yeah, I still don't see the use of the possibility to kill other counselors while the game tells you to work together to survive.

I've watched TKs happen. I've had attempts to TK me undertaken. As Jason, I have personally executed players who told me they were going to lead me to someone else in the game that they had a grudge against. I have seen my own actions lead unintentionally to other player's demises. I get that this can be frustrating, but at the same time...

...This is a Friday the 13th game.

I just finished a marathon of the first 8 in the series. Not everyone in the movies aligns with the agenda of 'survive Jason together'. There are cowards like Dr. Crews who literally used another character as a human shield to stave off a Jason attack. There are characters like the street thugs in Manhattan in Part 8 or the Bikers in Part 3 who kidnap, drug, sabotage, or do intentional harm to the other characters. There are others throughout the series who systematically bully other characters just for fun, their actions often leading indirectly to 'innocent' characters deaths. In A New Beginning Vic straight up axes Joey just because he wouldn't shut up about his candy bar.

I see trolls as part of the game. You show up too late and are the fifth arrival to the four-seater and take a swing at me to try and get my spot? You just heightened the drama for both of us. We're searching the same house and you arbitrarily attack me with your machete? Prepare for a counter attack. I'm not going to kill you, but I will make it as hard as possible for you to pursue me or escape Jason if your ruckus draws his attention our way. Headshot me as I enter a house? Now I have a reason to cheer for Jason as I watch the rest of the match play out. 

I don't expect to have a perfect match when I go in. I don't expect to survive the night. I DO expect something different every time I brave the woods of Crystal Lake and getting that in spades is what makes the game so fun for me, and makes the moments when everything lines up just right that much sweeter.

29 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I just finished a marathon of the first 8 in the series. Not everyone in the movies aligns with the agenda of 'survive Jason together'. There are cowards like Dr. Crews who literally used another character as a human shield to stave off a Jason attack. There are characters like the street thugs in Manhattan in Part 8 or the Bikers in Part 3 who kidnap, drug, sabotage, or do intentional harm to the other characters. There are others throughout the series who systematically bully other characters just for fun, their actions often leading indirectly to 'innocent' characters deaths. In A New Beginning Vic straight up axes Joey just because he wouldn't shut up about his candy bar.

...I guess... 'Spoiler Alert' for 30 year old movies. Sorry, I'm new to the general concept of forums.

38 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Wrong. I have earned more than 1 xp on multiple occasions even after running ppl over.

And i have earned about 2k exp yesterday but had to shoot a Jason-teaming ahole, still only got 1 exp. Happened multiple times that i only got 1 exp

14 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

And i have earned about 2k exp yesterday but had to shoot a Jason-teaming ahole, still only got 1 exp. Happened multiple times that i only got 1 exp

Should stop betraying other Counselors then...

Honestly they should just make it so counselors can't hurt/kill each other, as has been noted by other posters, trolls will find ways to abuse the betrayal mechanic no matter what. Best way to counter that is to make it impossible do it in the first place. I wouldn't be opposed to the gun still being able to kill counselors in certain situations though, like Jason grabs a counselor and uses them as a human shield against the gun, allow that, and make it count as a Jason kill rather than betrayal.

6 hours ago, Jubileet said:

I just stumbled across this on Twitter.

I know the social media team has a reputation of making misleading statements, but has anyone heard anything else on their stance for Team Killers? I think it's a little outrageous for individuals in the community to be banned from the game. How could they possibly police this? Any vote system is going to result in good community members being banned, it will backfire for sure. We've seen this in other games.

It really just seems like the wrong approach. If they want FF in the game, then make FF = far less damage so accidentally killing someone is possible but rare and more OBVIOUSLY intentional than it is now.

Capture.PNG

Lets hope so as I dealt with this on a few matches this weekend. I did have a match with friends where Jason picked him up and I was trying to save him and accidently killed him with the shotgun and I got a whole 1 XP for the match as I was penalized for killing a teamate but it wasn't on purpose. Was kind of funny though and we all had a good laugh about it.

I recall a competitive shooter game that had friendly fire on and if you killed one of your teammates before the match began or multiple teammates during the match then you were automatically and immediately kicked from the game.

So, I would suggest the devs find some way to take into account where Jason is on the map in proximity to counselors injuring/killing each other to determine if the system should automatically and immediately remove these troubled troublemakers from the lobby.

For example, if you've been grabbed by Jason or are near him when someone uses a shotgun or melee weapon and it injures/kills you, then let it be considered an accident. But if Jason isn't close enough for his music to register to you, then all those d-swinging dirtbags and shotgunning scrotums should automatically and immediately get kicked from the game. And repeat offenders, those joy stealing imbeciles, should eventually be IP banned. Done!

Now if only we can do something about "Jason collaborators" those filthy cheese-stink rat-f.... Like the lyrics from a song says, Jason is not your friend!

On 6/26/2017 at 0:53 PM, AldermachXI said:

I agree it would greatly reduce the trolling in the game, but it would also greatly reduce the immersion/realism... at least for me, imo. Accidents were a thing in the films, so I'd personally hate to see the potiential for them to go. I don't want to see my 2x4 or buckshot passing "through" counselors but connecting with Jason. What I want is to be more aware of where my teammates are  so I strategically know when and where to strike/shoot Jason. If we can do something else about the trolls other than remove friendly fire, then we can play the game as intended and get better at it like we should, learning from our mistakes... I'd rather learn to aim for Jason's legs with the shotty when he's grabbed a teammate than for my slugs to Harry Potter macically through my teammates, lol... after all, it's a shotgun not a wand. 

I haven't run into team killing that often.  I play on PC with steam so that may or may not be part of it.  Betrayals happen, most often in my experience by accident.  I've only been attacked by someone on purpose once, I ran away injured.  I've seen players working with Jason and giving up other counselors locations only a handful of times.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

Any sort of draconian measure to discourage team killing beyond the 1,000 point lost should be looked at very closely.  I've betrayed 3 players.  The first time was my second match, Jason just grabbed someone I was heading to the car with I raised the shotgun thinking I was going to be a hero... and you know the rest of the story.

The second time Jason grabbed someone and I hit him with the machete and ended up stunning Jason and killing the counselor.

The third time Jason was chasing a counselor, the counselor was easily 40 feet in front of Jason, I was close enough to have Jason's back fill my targeting reticle.  Based on my knowledge of fire arms I figured I was fine.  I wasn't.

That's three times in the course of about 24 hours of combined play time where I made an accident and it cost me all my XP for the match.

The handful of times I've been team killed has usually been by newer players learning the ropes and not understanding the shotgun mechanics.

8 hours ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Most satisfying 1 xp I ever earned.  The others that got griefed enjoyed the view, too.  Apparently they had spent the last five minutes telling the TK'er exactly how they felt about the whole situation.

Good times lol.

I would have enjoyed seeing a video of that. Glad you had fun though.

Assuming a perfect world where bear traps and accidents are dealt with first I think this would work best.

1) TK kills X amount of people in Y time period

2)TK gets a different colored map marker for X amount of In game play time.  Maybe even a specialized name plate. (Would only include time they were actually alive, spectating wouldn't count)

3) TK would also be placed in perpetual gimp mode for the duration. (No Stamina, Max injury level, unable to interact with hiding spots, unable to pick up weapons etc.)

4) TK is now also worth XP to all other counselors.  (Counselor who kills TK would not experience any sort of negative effect)

5) Be a "Penalty Ladder" type system.   You can go up rungs but not back down.   In game penalty time increase each time you reach a new rung.

They'll likely copy any number of anti-TK protocols present in countless multiplayer games hell even the one from cs:source from 10 years ago would work.  One team kill a little pop-up appears warning you not to kill your fellow counselors.  Second TK a more prominent warning with a notification that further kills will result in penalties.  Third TK and you're kicked from that game to a screen telling you you were kicked for team killing & further violations in the next (insert arbitrary amount of time) will result in a ban requiring you to click it certifying you read it.  Something like that would discourage griefers and satisfy your desire to see team killing go away.  And if they really want to get fancy they can apply that only to pubs allowing it to be turned off in private matches.  

I used to run cs:s WoW and X-Men servers I had my team kill limit set to 3 before you were kicked and banned 24hrs. It worked for me it'd easily work here.  Shielding can be fixed by players not being retards trying to use a shotgun to stun Jason holding a counselor if you still try to free them you deserve that van.