Sign in to follow this  
Cakewire

Attributing CP/EXP as earned

I made a small suggestion previously on the tails of suggesting that the Double Experience event be delayed until a more stable version of the game is available, that experience and CP earned from in-game actions should be immediately earned, not earned upon return to the game lobby. In a game today, I earned the Boat Repair badge, but instead of returning to the game lobby, the connection to host was lost. I checked my progression and found that, instead of having been attributed the badge, I was still at 11/13. This same failure to observe is also laughably evident when you look at my badges for counselor kills (less than 50 tracked in-game) or doors destroyed (less than 50 tracked in-game), while both of these stats are shown as above 200 via Xbox stat-tracking via the achievements hub. It's not enough to estimate the number of crashes I've experienced, but it does show that I've done a hell of a lot more than I'm credited as having done.

My suggestion, then, is that experience and CP be immediately attributed as it is earned, with modifiers being applied at the end of the match. SO, if I pick up a weapon, barricade a door, set a trap, and grab a battery, I should get CP for all of these things even if the game crashes within a minute or two. Experience for offense, defense, fixer, and survivor should be applied immediately, and time bonus should be applied upon death or escape (and again, separately, for TJ time). This way, only the end-match bonus experience is held hostage by whatever may cause a game to crash.

That said, I was brought to a revelation when I asked a friend to join me for a game via Xbox gameshare. I explained the process of setting up characters beforehand, finding games via LFG, timing lobby joins, and informing him that, in my experience: players joining, players leaving, players spawning as Jason, spawning as Tommy Jarvis, Jason using Morph, counselors escaping, dying, or ending a match at the post-game score screen or the return to lobby could all result in a game crash. He opted not to play at all, saying, "This is ridiculous." And all of a sudden, I was inclined to agree. Really taking a step back and looking at all the hoops I have to jump through to play, it's a massive time-sink. Everyone has different experiences, though. I hope yours have been better. Really looking forward to this game existing in a state that allows for quickplay to be viable on Xbox, and a time when an hour of dancing for 15 minutes of reward isn't the status quo.

• Like 1