Sign in to follow this  
Arcanecynic

Your Double XP weekend experience so far

30 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I found both gas canisters in one cabin. And at times have found keys and battery in same cabin and gas in the adjacent cabin. I would chalk it up to luck if the draw there are times I can't find Shit. Been in cabins with like 14+ drawers and didn't find jack. I would say item randomization could probably be tweaked a bit. But it's not the worst.  There are far bigger issues they should fix first. 

Yeah, I didn't even make it out to be such a massive issue in my Original Post

This is exactly what I said

• Broken formula with item spawning - I know someone else mentioned this in a previous post, but I am sure that proper coding can avoid one cabin having two sets of car keys, the phone box fuse, and two pocket knives spawning in the same cabin - This actually happened to me as a counselor, and while some might consider it "lucky" I look at how it affects the rest of the counselors"

But apparently this Campkill fellow feels that it's his sworn duty in this life to try and disprove a completely random occurrence that I didn't even flag as a major issue, I purely just mentioned that it happens since I experienced it once, however rare.

Some people just like attention I guess

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Campkill said:

No. The OP said / both keys, the fuse and two pocket knives in one cabin. Never seen it. And if I ever did I'd be shocked at the rarity and luck of the situation. 

Hardly a code issue there. Surly not the issue he tries to make it- one where a company should waste paid man hours to tweak code to stop it from happening. A true non-issue. 

So...you're saying you played a game where "almost every cabin had a flare gun" eh? Almost every cabin? Hmmmm. Weird. I'm thinking there's a limit to how many flare guns there are. But if anyone can show me a game with 10+ flare guns I'll gladly believe you. 

I mean it's an obvious exaggeration. It was more like I found 3 flares back to back in different cabins while running away. I think there's about 3-5 in a game? Basically I just happened to run to all the flare spawns for that match I think. After I couldn't find another flare I just happened to find a bat.

I haven't found that much in a cabin before, but I don't see how it's not possible either given the fact everything is simply random when it comes to spawning. You could get that lottery ticket. The most I've found is like, the gas, propeller, and fuse at the same time, but I have definitely found both keys in the same house before. I have no reason to fib about the things I find. I'll just start streaming every game I play I suppose. Either way, finding multiple parts in one cabin is pretty rare, but it can happen. 

1 hour ago, thatdudescott said:

I want what you're smoking. 

ezgif-3-99d8663a6f.gif.f3ae6f4eba931c40ef8331ff5b903c02.gif

Edit- On the current topic...last night, I found the battery, keys, and fuse in a cabin. The next game, battery and fuse spawned in the same place I did again. I have found both keys in the same cabin desk before...they were in adjacent drawers.

As far as the game being broken, I'm just staring at my watch for the Overwatch patch to "dramatically reduce" duplicates in loot boxes and I am out. I am washing my hands of it then. No more I love yous for this game, that language left me when their apology needed an apology for the same reasons they were apologizing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arcanecynic said:

Yeah, I didn't even make it out to be such a massive issue in my Original Post

This is exactly what I said

• Broken formula with item spawning - I know someone else mentioned this in a previous post, but I am sure that proper coding can avoid one cabin having two sets of car keys, the phone box fuse, and two pocket knives spawning in the same cabin - This actually happened to me as a counselor, and while some might consider it "lucky" I look at how it affects the rest of the counselors"

But apparently this Campkill fellow feels that it's his sworn duty in this life to try and disprove a completely random occurrence that I didn't even flag as a major issue, I purely just mentioned that it happens since I experienced it once, however rare.

Some people just like attention I guess

I don't need your attention lol. I get a lot of attention in life. More than most. 

What I need is you to validate the call for actual programmers working round the clock to rush and fix actual REAL ISSUES, to stop doing that long enough to fix a nonsensical claim that item spawning is broken. 

Over 300 games played here/ never once have I heard anyone in game say "man Gun Media needs to fix this bullshit item spawning". 

The item spawning is fine. 

Im so sorry I don't join your "items are spawning wrong in one game so it must be fixed" idea. 

Its silly to me. And it should be silly to you too. 

I keep getting Booted from party it kinda sucks because u sit there and wait for the next game and u are out also u didnt get any xp for the time u was in the room 

1 hour ago, Campkill said:

I don't need your attention lol. I get a lot of attention in life. More than most. 

What I need is you to validate the call for actual programmers working round the clock to rush and fix actual REAL ISSUES, to stop doing that long enough to fix a nonsensical claim that item spawning is broken. 

Over 300 games played here/ never once have I heard anyone in game say "man Gun Media needs to fix this bullshit item spawning". 

The item spawning is fine. 

Im so sorry I don't join your "items are spawning wrong in one game so it must be fixed" idea. 

Its silly to me. And it should be silly to you too. 

Nowhere did I ask developers to work "around the clock" - Once again these are your words, not mine, same as you over-inflating everything from my original post that was a mere "Hey, so uhm... this kinda happened, like that one time" but like that kid who peaked in Highschool, then became a janitor, you just cannot let go, and the fact that you keep mentioning your own importance and alleged "perfection" vs your actions screams of an inferiority complex.

You seem to be very defensive about something that should have little to no concern to you since clearly it's not your issue, yet you keep making it your problem. I doubt you get much attention outside of your defensive stalwart stances in forum posts, otherwise you wouldn't be picking conflict where there wasn't any to begin with. Please leave the bridge troll, it's becoming a little pathetic. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

Nowhere did I ask developers to work "around the clock" - Once again these are your words, not mine, same as you over-inflating everything from my original post that was a mere "Hey, so uhm... this kinda happened, like that one time" but like that kid who peaked in Highschool, then became a janitor, you just cannot let go, and the fact that you keep mentioning your own importance and alleged "perfection" vs your actions screams of an inferiority complex.

You seem to be very defensive about something that should have little to no concern to you since clearly it's not your issue, yet you keep making it your problem. I doubt you get much attention outside of your defensive stalwart stances in forum posts, otherwise you wouldn't be picking conflict where there wasn't any to begin with. Please leave the bridge troll, it's becoming a little pathetic. 

Nice. Not only did you misunderstand my post saying the programmers are working around the clock and far too busy to deal with a nonissue such as item placement- but you also attack me personally. Lol. 

Starting to see exactly what this forum is about. 

Personal insults and nonsense. 

Let me reiterate- there is zero wrong with item spawning. As in- it's never been an issue what so ever. 

Period. 

Mad for needing attention, lol, again- I get way more than any one dork deserves. And soon, so will all these replies laced with hate and insult. 

Fucking hell lol. This forum HAHAHAHA. 

38 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Nice. Not only did you misunderstand my post saying the programmers are working around the clock and far too busy to deal with a nonissue such as item placement- but you also attack me personally. Lol. 

Let me reiterate- there is zero wrong with item spawning. As in- it's never been an issue what so ever. 

Period. 

Mad for needing attention, lol, again- I get way more than any one dork deserves. And soon, so will all these replies laced with hate and insult. 

@Arcanecynic it's best to ignore Campkill he has an ego the size of the sun, and only understands those who conform to his opinion. 

42 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Period. 

How many arguments does this make now since you came to bring fun to the forum? Two threads shut down within a few hours and here we are again with another thread that will be closed soon. Eventually you have to wonder how you keep getting into these situations.

15 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

How many arguments does this make now since you came to bring fun to the forum? Two threads shut down within a few hours and here we are again with another thread that will be closed soon. Eventually you have to wonder how you keep getting into these situations.

Ummm gee dunno. Same three guys following me around, insulting till my threads are closed? Real cool buddy. 

I had a good weekend overall. I only experienced the roof glitch on my last game playing yesterday.

On a separate note, it is funny when people brag about being mediocre.

1 hour ago, Campkill said:

qwo5C2RfOQU19BYM5C_OLwnIOW0zjxYj8pututDc

33 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Ummm gee dunno. Same three guys following me around, insulting till my threads are closed? Real cool buddy. 

Patronize: treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.

Buddy: a close friend. 

You: Real cool buddy.

This thread is about the double XP weekend. Please keep it on topic. The next person to engage in this back and forth will receive a warning for ignoring instruction to get this back on topic. Thank you.

• Like 1

The first thing I noticed after the double XP expired is less people leaving the game after not spawning as Jason, or during a kill animation, but it still happens on occasion. If they impliment an abandober penalty for leaving too many games, it could help, but only after the random freezing issue has been resolved. 

It was a fun period to play though, during the games where no one glitched or left, and felt very rewarding chasing objectives and escaping. Being able to net 3k XP is amazing.

I feel the same as many of you have already stated. Too many hosts leaving, too many people quitting the game right after they die or if they don't get jason, too many cheaters, and too little good perks for the rolls. I felt like I just wasted by 13k by rolling perks. But I did jump a few levels in a short time and I did enjoy the people I played with when we actually got to play a fair round. As for the cheaters, I want to bash their heads in. I feel that the devs need to implement a rule that once you get hit, you can then kill your attacker without repercussions. Don't start it but finish it. I also played a game with a dillweed who jumped in front of my car just to die and make me lose my xp. Need to get that worked out too. 

3 hours ago, Kashyyyk said:

I feel the same as many of you have already stated. Too many hosts leaving, too many people quitting the game right after they die or if they don't get jason, too many cheaters, and too little good perks for the rolls. I felt like I just wasted by 13k by rolling perks. But I did jump a few levels in a short time and I did enjoy the people I played with when we actually got to play a fair round. As for the cheaters, I want to bash their heads in. I feel that the devs need to implement a rule that once you get hit, you can then kill your attacker without repercussions. Don't start it but finish it. I also played a game with a dillweed who jumped in front of my car just to die and make me lose my xp. Need to get that worked out too. 

Are you on PS4? Always looking for people who play the game without cheating.

5 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Are you on PS4? Always looking for people who play the game without cheating.

Sure am. BLSelph is the name

I went from 11 to 20 on xbox and from 8 to 12 on ps4. Only played a little on ps4. Lost several good matches worth of xp on xbox crashing and host leaving, but overall it was fun. I got Tiffany and part 8 which I'd been wanting since day 1. Had a Lachappa try to kill me with a stick while I had the shotgun. I blasted that fool after several warnings. I should have recorded it. He was an idiot. Got in a private group where 1 guy was working with jason. Took me 3 games to figure out the same Vanessa  kept running to the cabin I was searching and then Jason showed up. I called them all assholes and left the lobby.

i didn't get back in to town until Sunday night but my experience was average/below average. no more issues with team killers or Jason helpers than usual, but the lost connections and hosts leaving seemed to happen 80% of the matches I've gotten in to... but then, I've had the problem every day since then as well. not having host migration is really sucking the desire to play for me. nothing worse than the host bailing after 15 minutes of gameplay. 

5 hours ago, RocknRon13 said:

I went from 11 to 20 on xbox and from 8 to 12 on ps4. Only played a little on ps4. Lost several good matches worth of xp on xbox crashing and host leaving, but overall it was fun. I got Tiffany and part 8 which I'd been wanting since day 1. Had a Lachappa try to kill me with a stick while I had the shotgun. I blasted that fool after several warnings. I should have recorded it. He was an idiot. Got in a private group where 1 guy was working with jason. Took me 3 games to figure out the same Vanessa  kept running to the cabin I was searching and then Jason showed up. I called them all assholes and left the lobby.

Can I ask why you play the same game on two different consoles? I've noticed some others do as well? 

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Can I ask why you play the same game on two different consoles? I've noticed some others do as well? 

To be honest, I was a backer and got Savini and the counselor clothing pack on xbox one. When the game launched, I was having so many issues I couldn't even get a match completed at all. One day, I was on here and saw they were selling Savini on the playstation store, and I said, no way, they wouldn't do that! I logged into my ps account I have for my sons ps4, and lo and behold, Savini was available.  An update had just come out for ps4, so I quickly bought the Savini skin and game again and downloaded to the sons ps4. I have it set where he can't play it, he's only 9, but I sneak in there in his room and slip a few games in when I can and he's away. Lol. And believe me, the ps4 version is smoother in every aspect. So really,  if they hadn't have "accidentally " sold the Savini Jason on the playstation store, I would just have it on xbox.

• Like 1

Just now, RocknRon13 said:

To be honest, I was a backer and got Savini and the counselor clothing pack on xbox one. When the game launched, I was having so many issues I couldn't even get a match completed at all. One day, I was on here and saw they were selling Savini on the playstation store, and I said, no way, they wouldn't do that! I logged into my ps account I have for my sons ps4, and lo and behold, Savini was available.  An update had just come out for ps4, so I quickly bought the Savini skin and game again and downloaded to the sons ps4. I have it set where he can't play it, he's only 9, but I sneak in there in his room and slip a few games in when I can and he's away. Lol. And believe me, the ps4 version is smoother in every aspect. So really,  if they hadn't have "accidentally " sold the Savini Jason on the playstation store, I would just have it on xbox.

haha fairplay bud! Buying the game twice...that's dedication for you! :)