Sign in to follow this  
Arcanecynic

Your Double XP weekend experience so far

8 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

I am glad you have been fortunate enough not to encounter this, and this coinsurance was my first time encountering such a loaded cabin, this has not happened before, but it can happen. Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it can't happen. People are able to glitch on top of a house roof, into hidden rooms, get into the second floor in the barn, glitch into the wooden beam in the lodge, do you really think it's impossible to have 6 items spawn in a large cabin that has close to 20 desk drawers?

In your case though, if you don't run into team killers, or you don't find any "cheaters"/glitchers/map hackers, be happy, you are among a very select few that apparently doesn't encounter any problems

In our current build of the game, anything is possible

Ok. Soooo you're saying all the main items spawned together in a cabin "once". 

So gun media has to fix this?

edited to add- yes. It may be impossible for all items to spawn in one cabin. It may be programmed otherwise. It may not be. Either way...it's not an issue. 

Just now, Campkill said:

Ok. Soooo you're saying all the main items spawned together in a cabin "once". 

So gun media has to fix this? 

If an algorithm allows an occurrence like this, it's worth looking into. I am highlighting something that could possibly be addressed and fixed in a future patch, which is to be expected from the player base where a game suffers from a large amount of bugs and exploitable content. I am ONE player out of many, and I can promise you I am not the only person who has experienced this

Does this completely impact everyone's ability to play the game? No

Will it potentially make or break one game every now and again? Maybe

Could it be fixed for item spawning to be more scattered? I'm no expert at coding, but I'm sure it can

6 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

If an algorithm allows an occurrence like this, it's worth looking into. I am highlighting something that could possibly be addressed and fixed in a future patch, which is to be expected from the player base where a game suffers from a large amount of bugs and exploitable content. I am ONE player out of many, and I can promise you I am not the only person who has experienced this

Does this completely impact everyone's ability to play the game? No

Will it potentially make or break one game every now and again? Maybe

Could it be fixed for item spawning to be more scattered? I'm no expert at coding, but I'm sure it can

Item spawn locations is not an issue. 

At all. 

Sorry but it's not. 

Just now, Campkill said:

Item spawn locations is not an issue. 

At all. 

Sorry but it's not. 

Okay buddy

Clearly your experience has been amazing, you encounter no bugs, your existence is a marvel to us all, and as you said in a previous post, you are never wrong, and "sorta perfect"

You just keep on keepin on champ - I hope they name a cereal after you if they haven't already.

Cheers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

Okay buddy

Clearly your experience has been amazing, you encounter no bugs, your existence is a marvel to us all, and as you said in a previous post, you are never wrong, and "sorta perfect"

You just keep on keepin on champ - I hope they name a cereal after you if they haven't already.

Cheers

Sigh. I've said many times in this thread and others there are minor issues. ALL MODERN online games come with issues hence all games getting Day one patches. 

But yes, I'm pretty perfect. That's true. 

The game is great. It's going to keep being fixed. Period. 

And no...I doubt anyone is going to show proof of all the game's main items spawning in one cabin. But if so, big deal. So what? A rare lucky day for some players in one single match. 

• Like 1

Played on Xbox, and I got more than my fill of this game this weekend. One thing I can say is that it ruined any ability for me to enjoy DeadByDaylight. As an in-game community, we've managed through the crashes, the glitches, the snitches, the almost exclusive requirement for private lobbies, the PKers, and altogether managed to have a pretty good time. I made it to the 40s and met some pretty good people over the last few weeks.

Once those folks stopped playing, though, what was left were the middle-schoolers. The children. Non-enforcement of the ESRB rating for this game has effectively killed my desire to play it. I have a 10-year-old. If I want to hear screeching or the affluent and highly offensive trash-talking that comes from a prepubescent love of bathroom words, I'll play a game with him. This is the other edge of the sword, of requiring mics in groups and making communication key to gameplay. If those groups of very cool, very mature players decide to play again, I may try to hop in with them; as far as LFG goes, I've had enough. I think I'm good until the single-player comes out. Going back to games that I can mute without gameplay suffering.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cakewire said:

Played on Xbox, and I got more than my fill of this game this weekend. One thing I can say is that it ruined any ability for me to enjoy DeadByDaylight. As an in-game community, we've managed through the crashes, the glitches, the snitches, the almost exclusive requirement for private lobbies, the PKers, and altogether managed to have a pretty good time. I made it to the 40s and met some pretty good people over the last few weeks.

Once those folks stopped playing, though, what was left were the middle-schoolers. The children. Non-enforcement of the ESRB rating for this game has effectively killed my desire to play it. I have a 10-year-old. If I want to hear screeching or the affluent and highly offensive trash-talking that comes from a prepubescent love of bathroom words, I'll play a game with him. This is the other edge of the sword, of requiring mics in groups and making communication key to gameplay. If those groups of very cool, very mature players decide to play again, I may try to hop in with them; as far as LFG goes, I've had enough. I think I'm good until the single-player comes out. Going back to games that I can mute without gameplay suffering.

Indeed, I have found upsides and downsides between the two games, F13 and DBD, since, as a killer at least in Dead by Daylight, there is no voip abuse (at least I haven't heard any thus far) but not too sure if you can voip as a Survivor as I haven't played that role yet, but the post game chat turns rather toxic when Survivors vent at you, but at least it's not 12 year old children screaming your ears off like in F13

The general communication aspect in F13 to me is great, as it promotes team play, and making a collaborative effort to complete objectives, but it leaves major room for abuse, but fortunately there are mute options if you don't want to hear it

I seem to have run into all the different types of terrible people that everyone writes about here over the last couple of days.

In a game with @Slashin' Passion I came across someone blatantly leading Jason to people late Friday night/early Saturday morning. And tonight I ran into people throwing around racial shit like it didn't matter, and a glitcher abusing the roof glitch.

It's nobody's fault but these random doorknobs that I happened to bump into, but man it sucks that some people forget how to be decent the second you grant them anonymity.

On the plus side, I have had a lot of great games with good people too, it's just unfortunate how much one asshole on a roof can really drag down your desire to play with other human beings.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I seem to have run into all the different types of terrible people that everyone writes about here over the last couple of days.

In a game with @Slashin' Passion I came across someone blatantly leading Jason to people late Friday night/early Saturday morning. And tonight I ran into people throwing around racial shit like it didn't matter, and a glitcher abusing the roof glitch.

It's nobody's fault but these random doorknobs that I happened to bump into, but man it sucks that some people forget how to be decent the second you grant them anonymity.

On the plus side, I have had a lot of great games with good people too, it's just unfortunate how much one asshole on a roof can really drag down your desire to play with other human beings.

Exactly this - My wife also plays the game quite a lot, with her preference set to counselor, as she isn't very experienced at Jason, but I have been training her

Last night, 4 people glitched into the roof of the main lodge on the Crystal Lake map when my wife got picked as Jason. She managed to kill 4 of the non glitching campers, but the 3 people on the roof, and then later Tommy Jarvis too, just sat there throwing around comments, and making ill remarks at her, and carried on taunting, like this was in some way amusing staying in one spot for 13 minutes not doing anything but staring at Jason down below

It's frustrating to say the least, but all we can do is hope that they address the glitches somewhere down the line

• Like 1

Great exp when a match completed. The problem is that most games crashed or disconnected before I could collect it.

Glad we got double exp, but we could've gotten so much more out of it.

7 hours ago, Campkill said:

Sigh. I've said many times in this thread and others there are minor issues. ALL MODERN online games come with issues hence all games getting Day one patches. 

But yes, I'm pretty perfect. That's true. 

The game is great. It's going to keep being fixed. Period. 

And no...I doubt anyone is going to show proof of all the game's main items spawning in one cabin. But if so, big deal. So what? A rare lucky day for some players in one single match. 

I can attest to being able to find both the gas and battery in the same house. I can't imagine it's impossible to find all 3 important items in the same cabin.

I seem to have incredible luck finding stuff tbh. I ran from Jason for 10 minutes yesterday as the last guy, finding cabins that already had placed bear traps, and flare guns were in almost every cabin I hopped to. I even found a lucky knife that I didn't even need to use. Sometimes luck is in your favor, other times, it completely fucks you over. And that's the beauty of this game. Life ain't fair most of the time, but sometimes you hit the lottery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

I can attest to being able to find both the gas and battery in the same house. I can't imagine it's impossible to find all 3 important items in the same cabin.

I seem to have incredible luck finding stuff tbh. I ran from Jason for 10 minutes yesterday as the last guy, finding cabins that already had placed bear traps, and flare guns were in almost every cabin I hopped to. I even found a lucky knife that I didn't even need to use. Sometimes luck is in your favor, other times, it completely fucks you over. And that's the beauty of this game. Life ain't fair most of the time, but sometimes you hit the lottery.

No. The OP said / both keys, the fuse and two pocket knives in one cabin. Never seen it. And if I ever did I'd be shocked at the rarity and luck of the situation. 

Hardly a code issue there. Surly not the issue he tries to make it- one where a company should waste paid man hours to tweak code to stop it from happening. A true non-issue. 

So...you're saying you played a game where "almost every cabin had a flare gun" eh? Almost every cabin? Hmmmm. Weird. I'm thinking there's a limit to how many flare guns there are. But if anyone can show me a game with 10+ flare guns I'll gladly believe you. 

5 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

One game i found keys battery and gas in one big cabin. Even though i won the lottery that game i never lived to see my payday as an elephant brought Jason by while i was going for driver door and he tunnelled me hard. Its rare but does happen. 

Played a few rounds on the weekend. Crashed on 3/4 of them. The final crash occurred when we were in the car, 3 seconds away from the exit. 

Turned the game off, bought Dead By Daylight, and had a blast playing it for the rest of the weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

One game i found keys battery and gas in one big cabin. Even though i won the lottery that game i never lived to see my payday as an elephant brought Jason by while i was going for driver door and he tunnelled me hard. Its rare but does happen. 

I have found gas n a battery in a cabin. For sure. I can even see gas n a battery AND keys in one cabin. Ain't seen it tho. And I got tons of non-crashing games under my belt. 

12 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I want what you're smoking. 

The game is not broken. People are playing and loving it. It just needs some normal tweaking. The kind of stuff all modern games today deal with at launch. 

Give Gun Media some credit for building this amazing game. 

Small team with normal issues being fixed while the game continues to be enjoyable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Campkill said:

No. The OP said / both keys, the fuse and two pocket knives in one cabin. Never seen it. And if I ever did I'd be shocked at the rarity and luck of the situation. 

I've found both sets of car keys in the same cabin before. Twice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Campkill said:

The game is not broken. People are playing and loving it. It just needs some normal tweaking

I'm guessing you aren't playing on Xbox One,ya know,the most broken version of the game.

4 minutes ago, smackdown420 said:

I've found both sets of car keys in the same cabin before. Twice.

Same. Once.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Campkill said:

Wrong again. Streams and vids showing broken game launches are big money on YT. it's also always a flooded content when a game won't work. 

I'm saying "show me proof" of such claims as- 

1) I haven't been able to finish a single match in weeks. 

2) game so broken can't even play it. 

3) every match is team killing city. 

4) something is so OP or under-Op that makes game broken and unfun. 

Etc etc etc. 

its all bullshit. Youtube is exploding with people uploading 1-6 hour long streams that remain stable and fun for all on all systems. 

Watch Charmins xbox one stream from last night. You'll see a broken ass game. He had so much trouble with crashing it wasn't funny. And the game play was not up to his steam play at all. Not even close. His experience last night is what we'vebeen facing since launch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I'm guessing you aren't playing on Xbox One,ya know,the most broken version of the game.

I second this motion.

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Same. Once.

Phone fuse, battery, and keys at the location of the phone house. Cops called early game but I guess someone died in the woods with gas or something because that eluded me the rest of the game.

I found both gas canisters in one cabin. And at times have found keys and battery in same cabin and gas in the adjacent cabin. I would chalk it up to luck if the draw there are times I can't find Shit. Been in cabins with like 14+ drawers and didn't find jack. I would say item randomization could probably be tweaked a bit. But it's not the worst.  There are far bigger issues they should fix first.