Sign in to follow this  
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I heard the Devs are nerfing Shift-Grabbing

People just got mad at me for shift-grabbing in a match and said the devs are actively trying to reduce the efficacy if shift-grab. I have seen nothing on this forum. They said tye devs said so on their streams. Can anyone corroborate this claim?

Some have also said that the devs consider using combat stance against doors an exploit and are going to patch it in some way. Can anyone corroborate this claim?

Please provide evidence in the form of a link to the page stating as such.

I hope not. I suck at shift grabbing as it is on xbox.lol Funny thing is I have it on PS4 as well and am pretty good at it on there. The overall game play just seems smoother on the playstation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

People just got mad at me for shift-grabbing in a match and said the devs are actively trying to reduce the efficacy if shift-grab. I have seen nothing on this forum. They said tye devs said so on their streams. Can anyone corroborate this claim?

Some have also said that the devs consider using combat stance against doors an exploit and are going to patch it in some way. Can anyone corroborate this claim?

Please provide evidence in the form of a link to the page stating as such.

I've heard same thing. 

Agree rhe the combat stance on door may just be an exploit and not what they intended. 

My my understanding is you won't be able to grab out of shift but rather need to come out in front of them and then grab. 

7 minutes ago, 7theye said:

I've heard same thing. 

Agree rhe the combat stance on door may just be an exploit and not what they intended. 

My my understanding is you won't be able to grab out of shift but rather need to come out in front of them and then grab. 

Where did you hear this? I want a statement from the devs themselves. 

Im sure the devs have data in terms of...

1. How many times the counselors escape

2. How many escape

3. How many times Jason kills all the counselors

4. How many times Jason is actually killed

I've never once seen a Jason killed in ANY game I've played as Jason or against. I see counselors win and Jason about evenly I feel.

Nerfing Shift/Grab will make undead Jasons completely unplayable, so I hope if they are doing anything, its how counselors can escape grabs besides pocket knives or being broke free by other counselors. Rather than nerfing its radius.

1. Thick skin makes slashing counselors out of shift COMPLETELY POINTLESS

2. Knives are completely useless against this as well

3. Broken windows do nothing against thick skin or health perk counselors

These are all supposed to be things Jason has at his advantage...but doesn't if counselors have good perks.

They should be reworked.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 7theye said:

I've heard same thing. 

In that case it would take the undead Jasons a very, very , veeery  long time to catch a Vanessa Jones equiped with marathon, restful and thick skin. Good Players will then just outrun Jason with Vanessa, Tiffany and Buggzy.

2 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

In that case it would take the undead Jasons a very, very , veeery  long time to catch a Vanessa Jones equiped with marathon, restful and thick skin. Good Players will then just outrun Jason with Vanessa, Tiffany and Buggzy.

This is not true. You simply shift in front of them and the grab 

1 minute ago, 7theye said:

If you shift in front of them and have a delay before you can grab, they're going to turn before you can grab. How is the game going to determine if you are in front or behind someone when you grab? I don't know much about game code but if they did something like what you are saying then players could abuse the invulnerability to grabs from the back in some way.

9 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Simply? Good luck with that, if they know you have to be in front of them, all they have to do is zig/zagging like a rabbit. Expirieced counselors do that already to make it harder to shift to them and if you have to get in front of them it will be next to impossible to grab them.

36 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Simply? Good luck with that, if they know you have to be in front of them, all they have to do is zig/zagging like a rabbit. Expirieced counselors do that already to make it harder to shift to them and if you have to get in front of them it will be next to impossible to grab them.

This is true on steam because of the mouse. Not so easy on consoles 

I really hope this is not true;

Players playing as counselors are really getting way better at it (which makes sense because they play them more often).

You can have some real bad luck if you're playing as Jason against a good group of counselors, armed to the teeth with pocketknives, fireworks,flare guns and medsprays.

What I am saying is;

it's Jason's game, he is supposed to win, and massacre most counselors.

Now please don't give me the Get Gud, or L2P.

I think the majority of Jason players recognize the above ,regarding the counselor special forces (CPF lol..) effect if you will..

If anything, boost Jason and/or nerf the counselors, not the other way around imho.

I think there are MINOR nerfs that must be made to Jason(most importantly his invincibility frames and grab range) but really everyone could do with some buffs.

Except Part 2 Jason having +Morph combined with +Traps. That's just broken. Switch +Morph to +Stalk and give Part 8 +Morph instead.

As for the topic, I think the Shift+Grab combo does not need to be nerfed, instead nerf how quickly Jason can kill after grabbing.

If they nerf shift grab all you will see is part 2/3 Jason's.

Undead Jason's will be unplayable, and an already weak part 7 Jason becomes even weaker.

I really hope the devs don't cave bc people don't understand how to zig zag or fake Jason out.

• Like 1

They may as well take his weapon away,and why shouldnt counselors start with his mask in their hands?LOL.I hope what u heard OP isnt true.

Another person in another topic here in the forums stated that they should fix obstacles (like stumbling on rocks that clearly are not so close to you,etc etc) and I totally agree with them.Those are are things they need to fix so the Jason-counselor dynamic can change during shift+grab,not the shift+grab itself. 

5 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

They should the nerf the nerfthreads in this forum.

Agreed,too many butthurt whiners.

56 minutes ago, Shadow_Master said:

They may as well take his weapon away,and why shouldnt counselors start with his mask in their hands?LOL.I hope what u heard OP isnt true.

Another person in another topic here in the forums stated that they should fix obstacles (like stumbling on rocks that clearly are not so close to you,etc etc) and I totally agree with them.Those are are things they need to fix so the Jason-counselor dynamic can change during shift+grab,not the shift+grab itself. 

They might as well take his weapon away since it's only used on windows and doors.    Vacuum hands can outreach his melee weapon so the only reason to ever melee a counselor is in a team fight around the car.  Grab range should be shorter than melee range.  It'd take more skill to effectively shift grab that way and it'd give a reason to melee if they're just out of grab range.

But as of right now Jason is a Jedi with force pull.

• Like 2

Most shift grabs attempted on myself or any other practiced player will miss. 

Even a good shift grabber will admit to missing often when trying on a skilled player. 

People thinking shift grab is broken or OP seem like they don't understand the mechanics or purpose behind the game's dynamics. 

I would trade a nerfed shift grab for automatic knife-throw hits, as long as you aim in their general direction. As it stands now, I never stop to grab knives. Players are too crafty at this point. The only time I can hit them is if they don't see me, or they're climbing through a window.

Not sure why people are so upset about this. I never shift grab and I usually manage to kill all of the counselors when I'm Jason.

I try to to shift grab but it never works for me because bad timing. If a player can time it right and do it I say let them lol.

combat stance to break the door is the only way to break it without a door glitch occurring. Sometimes when I break doors without being in combat stance it glitches and doesn't let my Jason go through the open space. Only counter to it is to break door in combat stance 

I hope they shift-grab remains as is. I'm not 100% with it, but I like it as is.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I hope they shift-grab remains as is. I'm not 100% with it, but I like it as is.

Same here.