Seeker

Worst news everyone

They are making a new Halloween movie. 

This would be good news if not for the fact they plan on making Michael less "michael" and more weak and "realistic"

This new Michael will be somewhat like the rob zombie michael and he will be grunting and screaming in pain etc. Not a shape anymore, just your typical normal boring killer. ?

It's supposed to be a direct sequel to Halloween 2 I believe and wipe out that horrid timeline from 3 on. 

• Like 1

The idea of Michael Myers not being supernatural in the first HALLOWEEN works just fine... as long as you assume he just crawled under a bush and died at the end.

Assuming that's not going to be the case, I don't know how they plan on making a sequel to the first HALLOWEEN while simultaneously making the character not supernatural.

well at least they did not turn him into a she....

Could be worse :P 

Probably will skip that cheesefest.

We really need them do remake Season of the Witch instead. I still enjoy the commercial song. Plus the Old Man from Robocop as the main villan...it's still a guilty pleasure

• Like 1

If Michael Myers is human and it's a direct sequel to Halloween 2 then he would be 60 years old right now. Right, geriatric psycho still killing people less than a third of his age with the strength of a 25 year old olympic athlete. Michael was and should be supernatural. I think they should "reboot" Halloween in that events similar to the first movie transpired, but in a contemporary setting and Michael has no living family relations and does not have a mission to kill his family.

To me Michael Myers is scarier when he's has no discernible motive. He could be anyone, anywhere. When a psycho killer is after you, does it matter what his motive is? No, all you care about is surviving. He could be your next door neighbor, he could be your teacher, he could be the patron in a bar next to you. Michael Myers represents the evil that resides within everyone. He doesn't live in the woods and defend his territory like Jason, Michael Myers invades your home and brings forth terror where you believe you are safe. He could be in your closet, in your garage, or behind the bushes. He could even be right behind you.

Right...

Now...

• Like 1

Voorhees is so spot on. The first movie is truly the best because we know no motive for Michael. A movie now would work best like he said with the same general events of the first film already having taken place. Because we really don't need a remake of the first movie. They could do pretty much anything with that set up.

He is supernatural 100%.

He got shot point blank by a .38 special, 6 times, taking all the hits presumably in the chest, it only stuns him.

This is not possible for a human being. 

Why do people insist on remaking great films,Why can't they remake the crap ones so they are better.Just a thought.

8 minutes ago, Rik OShea UK said:

Why do people insist on remaking great films,Why can't they remake the crap ones so they are better.Just a thought.

They're not remaking it. I mean, they DID already, but that's not what they're doing again.

But the main reason is because they have the i.p. It's the same reason a producer will option a fucking EMOJI and make a movie out of it -- built-in brand recognition, which means their marketing dollars are getting double the value. The P&A on a film is, especially for large releases, equal to the production budget. They need to make all that coin back, and they only get about 55% of ticket sales overall (it actually changes the longer a movie is in theaters, but average overall).

So here you are, sitting on an i.p. that isn't making you any money, but has a lot of brand recognition. As a producer, it's an easy sale.

A crap movie, presumably, did terribly at the box office and home video, so remaking it would be a poor business decision.

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Smitty_Voorhees said:

This is actually what I want them to do with F13. Retcon so only 1-4 are canon.

To make a sequel to Part 4,some changes would need to be made to keep the movie non-supernatural.

The best way to do it would be to make it so the last moment of Part 4 never happened,that it was all in Tommy's head,that he imagined himself killing Jason as a way to cope with what was really happening,what really happened is that Jason killed her sister then for some reason left Tommy alone and left back into the woods,then the police arrived and bring him (Tommy) to a hospital.

At that point the sequel can  happen some years later,Jason would still be alive of course,tough he probably stayed low for awhile since the police would be looking for him,then (insert movie plot here)...

Carpenter is on board and he said that he wanted to do a Halloween III that was connected to the first two.  He didn't like the idea of repeating Myers over and over again back in the day.  But after the commercial failure of Season of the Witch, he reverted back to it.  Part 4 is awesome and has some of the greatest camera work in the horror genre ever seen.  The scene with the sheriff on the rocking chair, the panorama inside the house, the multiple Myers surrounding Dr. Loomis.  Part 4 is a masterpiece.  5 was good as well and it continued Part 4.  6 was a disaster as the director, Joe Chapelle, openly said he hated the Halloween movies, thought they were dumb as shit, and only wanted to make money off of Part 6.  That is why the original ending was scrapped for the theatrical one you have today, typical goreless Halloween kill scenes were replaced with blood and gore deaths, Michael runs in the film, Beavis and Butthead jokes were inserted, and Stone Temple Pilots play the credits music, not the must-have Halloween theme.  Disaster, like Joe Chapelle.

Halloween 1 and 2 are the same film, just cut in half and I am all good with those two alone.  We only can wait and see if Carpenter can make a new Part III that belongs with the original two.

On 08/07/2017 at 5:44 AM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Carpenter is on board and he said that he wanted to do a Halloween III that was connected to the first two.  He didn't like the idea of repeating Myers over and over again back in the day.  But after the commercial failure of Season of the Witch, he reverted back to it.  Part 4 is awesome and has some of the greatest camera work in the horror genre ever seen.  The scene with the sheriff on the rocking chair, the panorama inside the house, the multiple Myers surrounding Dr. Loomis.  Part 4 is a masterpiece.  5 was good as well and it continued Part 4.  6 was a disaster as the director, Joe Chapelle, openly said he hated the Halloween movies, thought they were dumb as shit, and only wanted to make money off of Part 6.  That is why the original ending was scrapped for the theatrical one you have today, typical goreless Halloween kill scenes were replaced with blood and gore deaths, Michael runs in the film, Beavis and Butthead jokes were inserted, and Stone Temple Pilots play the credits music, not the must-have Halloween theme.  Disaster, like Joe Chapelle.

Halloween 1 and 2 are the same film, just cut in half and I am all good with those two alone.  We only can wait and see if Carpenter can make a new Part III that belongs with the original two.

The scene with the rocking chair? The one when he slams the shotgun through the girl and through the wall? ? 

That's like my favourite scene out of all the movies. ?

13 hours ago, Seeker said:

The scene with the rocking chair? The one when he slams the shotgun through the girl and through the wall? ? 

That's like my favourite scene out of all the movies. ?

The shotgun scene is great too.

It`s the scene when a very dedicated and INTENSE Loomis tells an also very dedicated and INTENSE Haddonfield deputy to guard the Myers house with his life.  The deputy responds resolutely and takes his seat in a rocking chair in the Myers living room which is in line with a hallway with stretches down further into the house.  One thing about the Halloween films, the cops were never incompetent.  They were always solid and very reliable.  I love that about the Halloween films.

Cut to a montage scene of various points of view around the Myers house and the deputy is rocking in his rocking chair holding his shotgun and from down the hallway you see a glint of the outline of Michael.  At the moment the deputy senses a presence, and turns his head down the hallway to look, the presence fades away.

That scene haunts me three decades later and, in my opinion, is one of the greatest contrived scenes in movie history.  It`s near perfection in the set-up and final delivery.

I tried to find a clip online but couldnt`t.  If anyone could, please do so and I will be very grateful.  :D

• Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 11:03 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If Michael Myers is human and it's a direct sequel to Halloween 2 then he would be 60 years old right now. Right, geriatric psycho still killing people less than a third of his age with the strength of a 25 year old olympic athlete. Michael was and should be supernatural. I think they should "reboot" Halloween in that events similar to the first movie transpired, but in a contemporary setting and Michael has no living family relations and does not have a mission to kill his family.

To me Michael Myers is scarier when he's has no discernible motive. He could be anyone, anywhere. When a psycho killer is after you, does it matter what his motive is? No, all you care about is surviving. He could be your next door neighbor, he could be your teacher, he could be the patron in a bar next to you. Michael Myers represents the evil that resides within everyone. He doesn't live in the woods and defend his territory like Jason, Michael Myers invades your home and brings forth terror where you believe you are safe. He could be in your closet, in your garage, or behind the bushes. He could even be right behind you.

Right...

Now...

Lol I would really like to see him squeeze in that 3 inch gap between the headboard on my bed and the wall ???

17 hours ago, RandallFlagg said:

Lol I would really like to see him squeeze in that 3 inch gap between the headboard on my bed and the wall ???

Chucky`s back there.

Look out!

:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Chucky`s back there.

Look out!

:P

He can keep my pocket vagina warm for me back there ?

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎16‎日 at 9:46 AM, RandallFlagg said:

He can keep my pocket vagina warm for me back there ?

TMI!!!!!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Rik OShea UK said:

Because they have no creativity? Or they're scared to try something new because movies cost so much to make. Of course most of the time those reboots do horribly because they manage to piss off the primary audience that would gladly pay for another sequel in any beloved franchise by mixing things up. It's a big part of why the Ghostbusters remake failed in my opinion. That movie would have been better if it were simply a next generation sequel with lady Ghostbusters  than if they completely forgot that I and II happened. Of course from the awful trailer; I knew it wasn't going to even be in the spirit of the original films. Much the same with so many other reboots horror or otherwise.

Fans want sequels that maintain the canon of a franchise they have become emotionally invested  in. Not some new angle that takes most of what they love and throws it out the door to be "edgy" or  "new"

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 10:52 AM, RKSDooM said:

The idea of Michael Myers not being supernatural in the first HALLOWEEN works just fine... as long as you assume he just crawled under a bush and died at the end.

Assuming that's not going to be the case, I don't know how they plan on making a sequel to the first HALLOWEEN while simultaneously making the character not supernatural.

They are going to make him Roy the paramedic, with access to medical supplies to keep him going.

On 7/14/2017 at 3:59 AM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

The shotgun scene is great too.

It`s the scene when a very dedicated and INTENSE Loomis tells an also very dedicated and INTENSE Haddonfield deputy to guard the Myers house with his life.  The deputy responds resolutely and takes his seat in a rocking chair in the Myers living room which is in line with a hallway with stretches down further into the house.  One thing about the Halloween films, the cops were never incompetent.  They were always solid and very reliable.  I love that about the Halloween films.

Cut to a montage scene of various points of view around the Myers house and the deputy is rocking in his rocking chair holding his shotgun and from down the hallway you see a glint of the outline of Michael.  At the moment the deputy senses a presence, and turns his head down the hallway to look, the presence fades away.

That scene haunts me three decades later and, in my opinion, is one of the greatest contrived scenes in movie history.  It`s near perfection in the set-up and final delivery.

I tried to find a clip online but couldnt`t.  If anyone could, please do so and I will be very grateful.  :D

Don't forget the grabbing the mask set up in the convenient store or the power outage generator kill. Good suspenseful build ups. That's why Part 5 had some good parts, like when Michael was driving the douche bags car, or the long scrape to it, as well as the intense climax in the house with Jamie in the laundry chute.

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎18‎日 at 6:59 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

Don't forget the grabbing the mask set up in the convenient store or the power outage generator kill. Good suspenseful build ups. That's why Part 5 had some good parts, like when Michael was driving the douche bags car, or the long scrape to it, as well as the intense climax in the house with Jamie in the laundry chute.

Oh yes, for sure!

The mask swipe in broad daylight when you think everyone is safe because the kid is with two adults and other customers and the store clerk......and WHAM!, the mask goes of the shelf and Jamie screams because she thinks she sees the Shape......and then you realize that it really was the Shape!!!!

I rewound that scene about five times when I rented it.  It was an unreal moment.  So different.  The writers deserve heavy praise.

The Part 5 douchebag car drive is fantastic too.  My favorite part of that film.  Hahaha!

So great to have others here who understand the love for such cinematic moments.  :D

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 6:46 PM, Smitty_Voorhees said:

This is actually what I want them to do with F13. Retcon so only 1-4 are canon.

But then you would lose Part 6, the best part. Besides, Jason is one of the few slashers to actually IMPROVE as a character as he became supernatural.

In any case, at this point, I'm so desperate for new big-budget slasher films, I'll take a weaker Michael.

I am curious to see how the new sequel will be since it ignores everything after 2 and that includes the new timeline, but at the same time could it make Halloween interesting again after Rob Zombie had his time in the Halloween sandbox?