Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

Things that don't make sense in the movies

@Ahab

I have always wondered this as well as Jason lives is my Favorite Friday film...

Apparently padlocks and chains are not available in all General stores...but still easily obtainable with one line of dialogue....”I know what I am doing, I found your supplies didn’t I?”😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I have always wondered this as well as Jason lives is my Favorite Friday film...

It is a burning question... or a massive plot hole. What was wrong with Karloff's General Store that they did not even carry a padlock?... Who runs this place anyway?... At least the store has a good name.

@Jason Todd Voorhees & @TheHansonGoons… There is one more aging problem in the series that should be mentioned...
    In Part VIII... the toxic waste somehow turns Jason into a child again... Jason's sister (who we never knew existed until Part IX) would have been much older if he had to grow up all over again to become the adult Jason he was at the beginning of Part IX.
    Plot holes and weirdness are plentiful in Crystal Lake!! Why the hell would toxic waste age regress Jason in the first place?... I hope no one tries this at home as a solution to getting old... I am having some doubts that it would work that way in real life... The human race's search for the fountain of youth continues.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

@Jason Todd Voorhees

Is that what happened? Where is it said that?

Watching Crystal Lake Memories, it doesnt seem like that is the case.

In june 13th 1979, a boy jumps out of the lake and pulls Alice in.

1984, a grown man kills her in her apartment. He washed ashore and grew up in 5 years?

He drowned in 1957, why was he a boy when he grabbed her in 79?

1957: Drowning of Jason at 12

1979: Pamela death year/his his birthday he would be 23 yrs old

1984: Alice death Jason is about 27 years old (July 11th was her death)

Logically he grew up in the woods.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:11 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Ahab

Apparently padlocks and chains are not available in all General stores...but still easily obtainable with one line of dialogue....”I know what I am doing, I found your supplies didn’t I?”😉

I always assumed she got them from the police evidence locker or something like that since she is the sheriff's daughter. 

3 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I always assumed she got them from the police evidence locker or something like that since she is the sheriff's daughter. 

Definitely sounds logical....

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

Hmmm logical.....

• Thanks 1

Here's how I took the ending of the movies 1-5 and 8 as well.

Hallucinations. 

Boy Jason didn't exist.  He didn't pull Alice into the lake.  She just fell out of the boat for whatever reason.  Talk about Jason from Pamela implanted a seed and was one nice last jump scare for the movie. 

Ginny getting grabbed at the window by Jason.  Never happened.  Paul wasn't there, he was dead, hence why when the ambulance shows up there's no Paul and she's frantically calling for him with no answer and no one says anything.  Also Muffin was clearly dead. 

Chris Higgins sees Jason at a window.  Then he's charging out a door to the water to get her.  We know that didn't happen as Jason's body was still on the ground in the barn.  And then the obvious Pamela jumped out of the water and pulled her in nod to part 1. 

Actually the Part 4 hallucination ended up getting shitcanned and never put on screen.  Trish finding her mom dead in the bathtub. 

Tommy grabbing the mask, hiding behind Pam and killing her.  Never happened.  He would have never had the mask in his room to begin with.  Nor would he had been able to jump out the hospital window, taking himself off whatever machines he was on, without a ton of hospital staff rushing to his room. 

Jason melting from toxic waste.  Rennie hallucinated seeing the "boy in the lake that tried to drown her" as she actually did earlier in the movie.  He was just washed away by the sludge.  

I know I went further than just explaining how Jason is a little boy and then grown up five years later or how he lived in the lake preserved as a little boy for 2 decades, but it was a pattern the movies repeated. 

Some things I can think of that made 0 sense. 

In part 8 how Jason shows up where everyone’s boarding the cruise ship and made it there in the boat he killed the first victims in. Jason can drive a boat, seriously? Also crystal lake apparently is connected to the ocean? What made Jason want to go out there and kill all those people on that ship? Why didn’t he stay at home in crystal lake and defend his home instead?

In part 8 when they defeated Jason with toxic waste and then he comes back in part 9 and is fully clothed and is chillen in crystal lake again? How did he end up back home? 

What happened to Chris Higgins in part 3 when she had that traumatic experience with Jason trying to get her when she was younger? She said she blanked out and had no remembrance of what exactly happened other than her kicking the knife out of his hand and him continuously trying to grab her as she’s trying to get away. What happened there? Did Jason rape her? Also why was Jason so interested in her? Jason kills everyone he sees and doesn’t have interest in other human beings other than her? 

Why do people consider Jason to become a zombie in part 6? Hasn’t he always been a zombie since he woke up from the dead in part 2? 

Can anyone inform me about any of this?