Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

Things that don't make sense in the movies

2 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Tommy's apparent age makes no sense no matter what you do to try and fit things together. The actor in Part V is in his mid-twenties and looks it, but has to be 17 at the oldest in the film to be at a halfway house for minors (we won't even talk about how old that guy that chops up Joey looks).

Then Thom Mathews in Part VI is almost 30, but if you make Tommy that age Part VI has to take place in, like, 2000-something.

Yeah the filmmakers didn't care about any of that. Tommy in Part VI had escaped the institution to burn Jason based on what Hawes says, I think.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:03 AM, RKSDooM said:

Tommy's apparent age makes no sense no matter what you do to try and fit things together. The actor in Part V is in his mid-twenties and looks it, but has to be 17 at the oldest in the film to be at a halfway house for minors (we won't even talk about how old that guy that chops up Joey looks).

Then Thom Mathews in Part VI is almost 30, but if you make Tommy that age Part VI has to take place in, like, 2000-something.

I remember too Hollywood tends to have teenagers played by people who are in their 20's and 30s (some 30 somethings do look like teens with the proper makeup).

So yeah, this came to mind recently about Part 5. We know Joey is Roy's son and he gets hacked by the older man whom he annoyed. Why didn't Roy try to sneak in to jail and kill him? Roy just seemed to kill anyone who was there when his son got killed but never his killer.

4 minutes ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

So yeah, this came to mind recently about Part 5. We know Joey is Roy's son and he gets hacked by the older man whom he annoyed. Why didn't Roy try to sneak in to jail and kill him? Roy just seemed to kill anyone who was there when his son got killed but never his killer.

He should have enlisted Jason himself to do the Job.

1 hour ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

The obvious answer is that Part V is just plain not executed well, but in-universe I guess it's just that Roy went so cuckoo for coco puffs that he didn't care who he killed.

• Like 1

I believe they also meant to leave it so that Victor (the guy that killed Joey) could be one of the possible suspects as the guy under the mask.

Since it wasn't him but Roy, yeah, it makes it look very weird that he never even tries to go after Victor. Victor gets taken away by the cops after the murder, never to be seen again in the film.

• Like 3

Here's a little something that doesn't make sense:

Since Part 6, Jason came back as a rotted corpse and Part 7 showed the signs of decay like flesh and bone. He seems to have regenerated flesh in some time since part 7. Wouldn't people have noticed a rancid smell and seeing a corpse walking around killing people? Or does one of Jason's supernatural abilities involve having a scent-free smell? Part 7 Jason unmasked looks like he could pass for some super walker from the Walking Dead.

I never understood how he went from melted snowman at the end of VIII to the swollen meatball looking thing in JGTH (which I personally feel is the worst looking Jason of them all) I guess the regeneration thing explains some of that but I never really did figure out why he visually changed so much from VI onward. He must have went to Goodwill between JGTH and FvJ since he has that dapper jacket, new mask and snazzy platform shoes. The stretch from VI to VII make more sense because of the propeller being damaged but by the time if VIII he has no exposed jaw or bone (which I still fail to see how he functioned that well with exposed joints and hand bones all over the place)  I guess suspension of disbelief is a component but Freddy maintains almost the exact same look for all 6 of the regular NOES series.

The fan theory for VIII - JGTH is that Rennie was having one last hallucination at the end of the film by seeing Jason crumble away and turn into his kid version, whereas he was actually swept out to sea by the sludge wave. He's up and about by the time of JGTH but, despite some regeneration, the toxic damage has caused his skin (head particularly) to swell up and distort into misshapen lumps.

But there's no real good explanation for a lot of things, outside of "people didn't care enough about it", like Jason spontaneously changing his clothes whilst motionless underwater. Twice.

• Like 1

For number 2:  Jason preserves Pamela's head by showering it in kisses every night.  His saliva keeps the leather moist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Friday the 13th Part 3 novelization from the 1980's explained that young Jason survived due to an "X-Men Wolverine" type healing factor. He DID drown, but his body repaired itself and he recovered. 

As for Pamela's head, I have no idea how long it takes for a human body to completely decompose, but it's 2 months between Pamela's death and the opening of part 2. Maybe he kept it on ice in between? (He did choose to hide it in the fridge of all places to "scare" Alice.) I think Jersey also has some wetlands so maybe it mummified like a "bog body?" After the opening credits of part 3 it's never seen in the films again, so maybe it fully rotted away afterwards. (Kind of a shame, Jason's weird altar was one of the creepiest moments in the series.)

Tell me why you can see the camera man in reflection of the the beetle when Chris and what's his face are about to drive off in pt 3.

i will answwer honestly as i am the only 1 that saw all the movies

1. he did drown an die but pamela was into the occult she used black magic ti bring him back an keep him alive he still ages an gets old but she says so in the game he cant die nothin could kill him only choppin him to bits an cremating him will do the trick?

2. he just put it on a table thats it?

3. no he is just a simpleton and he breaks stuff

4. that was the remake they jazzed it up to make  more money at the box office

5. it happens when the movie makers wanna make tons of money LoL

6. the area aint cursed jason is his curse is he cant die nomatter what they do to him

7. this 1 il answer later cuz its been a few years since i last saw the movie an need to remind myself answer coming soon

8. jason x was jason in outer space and the future so why not its cool an not boring i saw it at the mall i wasnt bored

my thoughts is i hope they make a few more movies  and add the space stuff to the game