Nash

A Cry for Help From a Level 60 Player...

First off, I love this game, as you can tell by my ranking.  

The atmosphere is absolutely incredible. The music, the lighting, it's all gold.  From a counselors perspective, every round is a terrifying experience regardless of what level I'm at.  Almost like the film Predator.  Terrified and overwhelmed when I first started playing, and now at Level 60 feeling like Dutch towards the end of the film.  Scared, yet prepared to fight to get out of Crystal Lake alive.

There are some technicals hiccups and glitches that people take advantage of that I consider cheating, (I.E. map glitching) but those things iron themselves out over time through the cooperation of devs and the community.  However throughout the two hundred plus or so matches I've played there's one thing that is unavoidable at the moment that absolutely destroys a quick lobby.... Team Killers.

Team killing is a MAJOR issue.

During these instances, without fail one of two things will happen next...

1.  Before the round is even finished, the team killer(s) will leave once they've been killed to go find another lobby of victims. Or..

2.  The lobby is closed by the host.

It literally sucks all the life out the match and potentially the lobby.

You may hear some people on the forums defend Team Killing, saying it adds another layer or that it thematically makes sense.  And while you may hear that on the forums, I have NEVER heard any person mid game who was excited about having to fend off an asshole counselor wielding a machete at them.  And very rarely if ever in the F13 movies do counselors just start blatantly attacking one another with weapons.

I know you implement a betrayal penalty involving XP, it doesn't work....Here's why...

I recently was killed by a team killer.  I messaged him as I normally do team killers to call them an asshole who is ruining everyone's fun.  He gave me the usual charming "go fuck yourself" response.  But this time I decided to ask the guy why he does it.  I really wanted to know.  His response was...

"I'm already at a high level, I have all the perks that I need, I don't need the xp, and I love getting people like you angry."......This isn't a normal F13 gamer, this is a troll.  A troll isn't playing the game to have fun, they have fun by ensuring others aren't.  And a troll breeding ground is being created by allowing people to attack others with weapons.

I know that people have the ability to turn off team killing in private matches, but doesn't it make sense that players in a private match are generally going to not kill each other anyway?  Or if they are, they're all in agreement that that's what they're going to do?

Giving hosts or whole lobbies the ability to kick people IS NOT THE ANSWER.  This would cause more disarray.  From my time with R6 Siege, I can tell you exactly what will happen...  Counselors will be kicked because they're the last one alive and some people in the session will vote to kick simply to start the next round faster...Dick move and not fun.

There's plenty of things counselors can do to each other THEMATICALLY to screw each other over that make the game fun and hilarious!

If a counselor gets killed by a car, thats fine, shit happens.  Driver still loses xp for not being more careful and you move on. Leaving behind fellow counselors as you drive off with the other set of keys and or phone fuse in your possession, totally approve, because it's something that chad would do and still leaves the players alive to attempt to survive the night.  If a counselor runs into another counselors bear trap?  Watch your step next time.  Also, the counselor who sets bear traps shouldn't get a betrayal penalty if a teammate dies.  I've seen trolls step into multiple traps on purpose to screw someone else out of xp and it really sucks, not the trappers fault.

For the sake of the health of the casual players and the game itself, Quick Match team killing with weapons must be disabled.  I cannot stress enough how damaging it is and every player I come across in quick match feels helpless when it happens. The only people who will cease to play quick matches if you don't allow weapon damage from counselor to counselor are trolls and griefers who are ruining the experience for everybody else.  And they can feel free to play privately amongst themselves.

Thank you to Gun Media and IlFonic for creating such a wonderful game.  I hope to soon write a post of things that I love and things that can be improved upon, but this really needed to take precedence.

If anybody wants to get in touch or to play with me, I'm on the PS4.

My PSN name is Cult_Of_Nash

• Like 2

Remove exp penalty

Ban people for a short period of time if the killing is found to be repetitive

Add a report system

Why remove exp penalty? If you hit someone with your car accidentally, exp wasted.

For example, get your car smashed by Jason, endangering four people or run over one councelor?

• Like 1

There is a good bunch of threads on this subject posted almost everyday. I think nobody is replying cus this thread is a rehash of a problem already addressed many times before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Campkill said:

There is a good bunch of threads on this subject posted almost everyday. I think nobody is replying cus this thread is a rehash of a problem already addressed many times before. 

Fair enough, I just thought I'd explain the stuff in detail.  I thought that might potentially get the devs attention.

If they remove it then how the hell we suppose to kill the glitchers that are all over the ps4 quick play i can't even get a quick play match that someone isn't on the roof yes i know private match hard to do when none of friends play anymore because they got bored playing the same maps over and over again

I think if you kill a teammate then you lose 5k xp and if you didn't get that Mach then it takes away your already had xp and you get banned for 1 or 2 weeks

40 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If they remove it then how the hell we suppose to kill the glitchers that are all over the ps4 quick play i can't even get a quick play match that someone isn't on the roof yes i know private match hard to do when none of friends play anymore because they got bored playing the same maps over and over again

Easy they fix the glitches. If people can't get to a spot they can't be killed at to be a cheap asshole, there is no reason to kill them. And if they add a kick option, and host migration. Then if you got toxic people in the group, or people who are just being horrible to other players in public lobbies, you could remove, or leave without dismantling the entire lobby.

Glitches and exploits are being aggressively patched. There is a patch being worked on that will also rectify a lot of the problems that people are running into. Also there will be an updated Terms of service forth coming. I do know know the exact details in the update but I know Gun media is committed to making players experience in-game the best it can be. The game has been out awhile, everyone is seeing how people play and what is going on. There are discussions taking place to address concerns and issues voiced by the community and what method is best suited to facilitate a healthy game state. Unfortunately this all takes time but nothing falls on deaf ears. 

• Like 1

Sorry im new here and to the game but what is the point of the team killing in game?

Is it literally so you can betray someone if they have the petrol or weapon you need/want?

1 hour ago, JPops said:

Glitches and exploits are being aggressively patched. There is a patch being worked on that will also rectify a lot of the problems that people are running into. Also there will be an updated Terms of service forth coming. I do know know the exact details in the update but I know Gun media is committed to making players experience in-game the best it can be. The game has been out awhile, everyone is seeing how people play and what is going on. There are discussions taking place to address concerns and issues voiced by the community and what method is best suited to facilitate a healthy game state. Unfortunately this all takes time but nothing falls on deaf ears. 

You shouldn’t punish people for Glitching it’s up to you guys to fix them so people can’t do them

Now for Team Killers just remove the option to kill them you can have them phase thru the car so they won’t stop the car from leaving

I had people use Glitches on me and TK me and I have no problems with it it’s in the game it’s fair play but if they had to mod/hack that’s when it will piss me off but since they don’t it really doesn’t bother me at all

So don’t ban people or do anything to the glitchers just fix the glitches